A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A bAbY gift people LOVE...  (Read 29231 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JulieMom
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010 11:09:13 AM »

Love that idea! They are precious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sandy31
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2010 08:12:18 AM »

thank you so much i needed a idea for the baby shower that i have coming up thanks  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2010 11:43:02 AM »

I made these for my daughter Brianna awhile back.  I was on a really tight budget and lived in a small town without a lot of wooden letter options.  I ended up printing out the letter really big off the computer (made them into outlines first to save ink) and then traced them onto poster board.  I painted both sides with a coat of white acrylic craft paint, and when it was good and dry (24+hours) I cut them out and went crazy decorating them.  I painted them with more craft paint, but you could easily cover them with scrapbooking papers, fabric, anything!   I then sprayed them with 2 coats 97 cent clear spray paint (I stuck them to a large piece of cardboard 1st) and they are really shiny!  I am about to do new ones for her room, she changed the theme and I'll probably do them the same way.  I know some of you like the thickness/dimension of the wooden letters, but the posterboard ones are so thin they almost look like they're painted directly on the wall.  They're also so light, I hung them up with rolled up pieces of masking tape on the back.  You could still do the ribbon with these, but I would also do the tape to make them hang right.  Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted people who couldn't find these wooden letters (or can't afford them) to know about an alternative option!  You also have many more font choices doing it this way!  Also, I just realized you could cut them out on a Cricut (or similar cutting tool) if you have one!  I didn't when I made the last set...hmmm....I wonder if I have a font she'd like!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw 3D Letters
Introduction to Watercolor Painting
How to Stretch Paper in Watercolor Painting
Sanctum Cast Interviews
How to Draw a Football
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...