A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spring Fling ruffley turqiouse goodness. My first attempt at non-kid sewing!  (Read 5818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bold_as_love

"Adventure is out there." -Up

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010 08:54:31 PM »

I would wear that in a heartbeat!! Great choice for all fabric colors, that print is absolutly stunning! Your daughter looks great and is so lucky to have such a crafty mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Adventure is out there."
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010 09:53:50 PM »

I wish everything I made was received with a smile like that!  She looks gorgeous, and I love the way the fabrics complement the style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010 12:05:41 AM »

gorgeous Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
mouse123
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010 03:39:41 PM »

goregous dress!! I wish my mom could sew for me!
I have a question about the skirt part of the dress: How are the layers constructed?  Do they all connect to the waist?  And what shape would each layer be?  I tried and failed miserably to make a skirt like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommy2six
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010 03:58:30 PM »

I have a question about the skirt part of the dress: How are the layers constructed?  Do they all connect to the waist?  And what shape would each layer be?  I tried and failed miserably to make a skirt like that.

Thanks!  I used simplicity 2693 for the pattern parts.  I didn't follow it to a T bc I can't figure out pattern instructions for nothin'.  I fitted the cumberbund tightly to her waist and attached it only to the back waist where the zipper is.  There is a basic skirt with a lower ruffle attached.  Then there is a middle and upper ruffle that have the edges matched and sewn to the main skirt part and the bodice attached.  I hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi007
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010 12:43:28 PM »

Thanks!  I used simplicity 2693 for the pattern parts.  I didn't follow it to a T bc I can't figure out pattern instructions for nothin'.  I fitted the cumberbund tightly to her waist and attached it only to the back waist where the zipper is.  There is a basic skirt with a lower ruffle attached.  Then there is a middle and upper ruffle that have the edges matched and sewn to the main skirt part and the bodice attached.  I hope that helps.

lol I thought  I was the only person in the world who cant get pattern instructions too well!!!! dress looks great, so cute and simple....tiered dresses look hard for some reason..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Binoo
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010 03:24:48 PM »

Hi, you did a really good job with this pattern. I'm in the process of making the same one and I was wondering if you had to make any adjustments for the bust area? I hope I'm not too late with this question. Also, I was wondering what kind of material you used.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010 08:06:10 AM »

Your dress turned out great and your daughter looks amazing in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
mommy2six
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010 08:53:51 AM »

Hi, you did a really good job with this pattern. I'm in the process of making the same one and I was wondering if you had to make any adjustments for the bust area? I hope I'm not too late with this question. Also, I was wondering what kind of material you used.

Thanks.

Thanks, yes, i did have to make adjustments, my daughter is a lot bigger on the bottom than the top so we went by the measurements on the envelope and it ended up being waaaay to big.   I had to take in some of the seams on the bodice and lining.  i also found the cumberbund was a total pain in the butt to make the way they suggested.  I actually thought it looked better without the gathering stiches anyway.  I'm not sure what the fabric was, it was from Joann's Riviera collection.  It was similiar to cotton but with more of a sheen to it if that makes sense...sorry, I am not so great wit identifying material.  Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010 11:00:22 PM »

That is SO cute, and it looks like she loves it! I swear it looks like you could buy it in a store. Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Magnetic Chalkboard
How to Make a Neon Plexi-Glass Peg Board
Great DIY Easter Ideas That Your Family Will Love
How to Make Mosaic Pots
Quilting Tips and Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...