A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,192
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pokerchip necklace  (Read 1089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2010 10:39:40 AM »

This necklace is made out of recycled pokerchips from a yardsale and recycled images out of a magazine.  The jewels are new.  The chain is from a necklace I bought new, but there were three chains that were twice aslong as this one in one necklace, so I can get 6 neck chains out of one necklace for a dollar, so I figured I was recycling in a way, getting more use out of one item.  I used glue stick to glue the image down, super glue to glue on the jewels and sparkles and clear nailpolish leftovers to coat the image to help protect it.  Any comments welcome.  Thanks for looking. (Sorry about the picture quality. I have yet to perfect that)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 10:41:51 AM by MainSarahJane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
lacey0828
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010 12:39:40 PM »

Great idea. I have so many left over poker chips from a clock I made a while ago and didn't know what to do with them. I never thought of making a necklace. How did you get the hole through the chip? The necklace looks so yummy...want to go get some icecream  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010 02:31:07 PM »

Great idea. I have so many left over poker chips from a clock I made a while ago and didn't know what to do with them. I never thought of making a necklace. How did you get the hole through the chip? The necklace looks so yummy...want to go get some icecream  Smiley

Thanks for your comment =0).  Lol, I guess I forgot one important detail, the hole lol.  I used a 1/8" drill bit with a normal drill, I took it slow, I didn't even need to clamp the chip down, just held it with my other hand, I made sure I had enough wood underneath so I didn't damage the floor lol.  The important thing here is, these chips are pure plastic.  I have read that some have metal on the inside.  So I am not sure what one would use to drill holes in one of those with.  So please be careful and have fun. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick and Easy Grilled Watermelon Sundae Recipe
Spiced Pear and Blackberry Eton Mess Recipe
How to Make Ice Pops
Refreshingly Tangy Lemon Square Recipe
How to Make Margarita Creamsicles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...