A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchie My Theme Swap  (Read 38523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2010 07:30:35 PM »

Grin

you're welcome.

the upper left corner is a pressed rose petal, and the third one in from the top left (the other dark red one) is velvet.  a little bit of texture mixed in there.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
malmow
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2010 08:34:01 PM »

It's always such an ego boost to get nice comments from you all! Blupaisan, my favorites were the bottom two on the left...it was really hard to part with those.
I'm glad everyone likes their inchies so far!
I love the little fish bone inchie xandcraft made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2010 09:49:24 PM »

Two sets received today. First up from najaorama:

My themes (again) are Food, Drink, Insects, Dr. Seuss and Crafts/Sewing. Alittle bit of everything and I love the vintage-y feel of these images. And the background paper is way cool.

Next inchies are made by imbettinonalice:

Okay, I love the mini-chopsticks on the sushi one and the two sewing inchies are favorites also. Okay, I can never choose just one favorite - I love them all.

I did post my display attempt in the discussion thread - I need a new idea because these won't all fit on the game board.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010 09:53:15 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
August Dotee Swap - Now open
4 x 4 Art Swap - coming soon
It's my 10th Craftster-versary!
envirocraft
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2010 11:01:23 PM »

I love seeing everyone's take on the same themes.  It's funny how sometimes you don't think you're that original/creative/good until you see how other people made inchies! I love them all! This swap is amazing, I can't wait for the next round. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2010 07:29:03 AM »

I also continue to be amazed at everyone's different and unique take on the same themes!!  Such creativity!

I just spent the morning looking through the gallery in case I missed anything! Cheesy

I must say that I am loving the penguins, polar bears and sharks being done!  That is going to be one awesome collection!

envirocraft--I really loved that little orange kitty you sent to xandcraft and your attempt at art deco was such a success!! and your using the Italian flag as the backdrop for your travel inchies are genius!

nobodyhasthisoneyet--your little button inchies to smmarrt are so adorable--love the bows you added to the buttons!

Since I also love coffee (and am on my third cup this morning!)--I loved those and am going to pick it for my next theme!  I really loved the ones by shannonb!!

titaniumhip--your work is so beautiful and fresh...I love the elephant butt one snet to malmow but they are all so wonderful...

malmow--your talent as an artist continues to delight me...you have such a deep well of creativity--all of your inchies are truly pieces of art!

najaorama--I am in love with your bugs!! The   I am so happy to have that as one of my themes as well! The grasshopper playing the violin is  just so cute!

nannyem--your collection of pinks and reds is going to be wonderful!  What are you planning on doing with them?  I know several people have been collecting for huge projects!  I am collecting reds for a huge project so I am delighted with the ones I have received so far!!

One the ones I sent to you nannyem--I am experimenting with using different backgrounds, and this month, it is paint chips!  All of yours were done on paintchips, so I tried to leave the color name on most of them Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2010 07:30:55 AM »

first are my ones from audio-astrophysics -- she did an AWESOME job with my harry potter theme!!

next are my ones from SlyBetty -- another AWESOME job, this time with my travel theme!  these were the first ones i received (while i was traveling, ironically enough, lol)

and some of the faves i created -- so this is a spoiler if you have not received...think they are yours, group 4???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2010 07:45:25 AM »

Both  sets are beautiful!  Love the dotted backgrounds used behind the cute travel drawings!

The ones you did are going to be special to the receivers!  Love the music one--so clever!

What a great idea!  You know, there is so much to absorb seeing so many pics...it would be nice if you each posted maybe a few from the ones you did that you liked the best!  I for one am interested why artists love their own work and pick certain pieces as favorites!  Anyone game?

I certainly would love to comment more on special ones that I might have missed among all of these wonderful inchies!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010 07:48:29 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2010 10:57:12 AM »

me next!  me next!!  Grin

I got inchies from alwaysinmyroom:

all Japan, but the top 4 are also mixed with my mask theme.  love 'em!  Grin

and UntouchableFace:

9 about Japan (even Sailor Moon is in there!  I didn't even mention that I like her!) and 3 about some of my favorite movies; 2 from The Dark Crystal and 1 from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  yay!  Grin

thank you so much ladies.  Smiley

now, how am I going to display my inchies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
nannyem
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2010 11:25:46 AM »

Alwaysinmyroom - I loved that you used paint chips for my inchies. I think that using the color name gives it that much more character. I was only sad that my pictures would show them off better.
 I was going to frame them all for my daughters room. They are 5 and 1 1/2 yr's old and we just moved them in together. So to celebrate I let the oldest pick the new paint color. Pink of course.  Cheesy I cant wait to get all the sets to frame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylover
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2010 03:21:48 PM »

Here are the fabulous inchies I've received so far. I still can't get believe how wonderful they all are!

First, from blupaisan, a "baker's dozen":

These are the first inchies I've ever received because this is my first swap. Hand-drawn and watercolored -- so much detail! I've looked at them for hours! The tea tag lifts up, and underneath it says, "Remove tag under penalty of law."

- - -

Next, from Xandcraft:

The flowers were photographed by Xandcraft from her garden, except for the waterlily. Beautiful! The little musical notes are three-dimensional.

- - -

Envirocraft sent these detailed inchies and included a special bonus inchie from Canada:

The little birds are three-dimensional and that's dyed lace that the birds are perched on. She made two extra birdhouses for the little birds. (Don't know if you'll be able to read her notes.) The teacups are photos of her mom's collection and coated with diamond glaze. Wish I had real teacups like those!

- - -

Titaniumhip's inchies are next:

Except for the second flower, which is a collage, all are pen and ink drawings with watercolor. Don't you just want a cup of tea from those two teacups? And the bird feet/chicken feet cracked me up! How clever!

- - -

Today I received three envelopes of inchies that are all so unique!
These are from malmow:

I love the backgrounds and borders on these. Such intricate little drawings she has colored, cut out and pasted on!

- - -

The next ones are from DaisyTattoo:

Don't these make you smile?!?! Take a look at that little old man with the bird on his head!

- - -

These inchies from Efirechild are mounted in a Mary Engelbreit card that says "Too much of a good thing is wonderful!" I agree!:

That's a pink feather in the upper right corner, and three little silk flowers on the middle row. Don't know if you can see all the detail in the background on the music one or the pink background on the bottom inchie. I love the stylized bluebonnet (the state flower of Texas) on the bottom left.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, All! I'll still be posting another set when they arrive.
I'm so blown away by all of these, and still can't get over the fact that you made them all especially for me!
Sincerely,
librarylover
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010 08:09:20 PM by librarylover - Reason: repost images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
How to Use Voile in Sewing Projects
Preparing and Marking Fabric for Sewing Projects
Pinning Fabric for Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...