A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The end of lost gift  (Read 1164 times)
Tags for this thread: lost  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 20, 2010 02:19:17 PM »

Hello it's the final of lost soon and I wanted to gets some bits together for the last episode as a surprise for my bf who got me into the show! So far I've painted a pop art pic of characters and put printed dharma paper around beer cans. I've had a look at the fish cookies so may do them. Any ideas would be great!

What's everyone else doing to mark the end of lost?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010 09:27:51 AM »

Not my ideas but I remembered reading a lost related idea on lovingyou.com so I searched it and this came up:

'My boyfriend really likes the television show "Lost." For the season premiere, I decided to surprise him with a dinner that was based on the show. I had never seen the show myself, so I spent all day researching what kinds of foods the characters ate on the island. I made a ham steak to represent the boar that was hunted, I made my own DHARMA Initiative food labels for a can of green beans, a bottle of soda, and a box of dehydrated potatoes to make mashed potatoes, and I had labels for Apollo bars. I also made a fruit salad, and we drank our drinks out of coconut cups. I also printed a DHARMA symbol for the outside of the door. He was so surprised and loved all the thought and effort I had put into making this dinner from him!'

Also this thread could be handy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226656.0  There are also some good ideas relating to lost in the ___in a box thread.

Hope this helps. Smiley

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010 09:36:50 AM »

Arhh thank you thats really interesting!  Smiley
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010 03:01:02 AM »

Ok so in the end I came up with a bunch of stuff!

I put a black bin liner over a cardboard box and made a white lid with card and paper. In the box I put:

A pop art painting of the characters
Some Dharma beer and food cases- these are the easiest things to transform into Lost themed food, you can search 'dharma food labels' in google and download some then print.
Character quiz cards- I printed a picture of each character (I chose 3 in total) and backed them onto white paper, then wrote on the back some questions about the character.
A paper plane- I made an ordinary paper aeroplane and coloured, painted, burned the paper and wrote random show quotes inside.
A fridge magnet- I altered a fridge magnet with card, some pretty paper, ribbon and paint and put on it a quote from Sawyer.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Classic Looks for the Belmont Stakes
Love Her Look: Jessica Alba
How to Rock an Oversized Stripe Shirt
Melissa McCarthy Reveals First Piece From Her New Fashion Line!
Big Wardrobe Malfunctions at the CFDA Awards
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...