A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The end of lost gift  (Read 942 times)
Tags for this thread: lost  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliceadventure
« on: May 20, 2010 02:19:17 PM »

Hello it's the final of lost soon and I wanted to gets some bits together for the last episode as a surprise for my bf who got me into the show! So far I've painted a pop art pic of characters and put printed dharma paper around beer cans. I've had a look at the fish cookies so may do them. Any ideas would be great!

What's everyone else doing to mark the end of lost?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpangledSequins.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010 09:27:51 AM »

Not my ideas but I remembered reading a lost related idea on lovingyou.com so I searched it and this came up:

'My boyfriend really likes the television show "Lost." For the season premiere, I decided to surprise him with a dinner that was based on the show. I had never seen the show myself, so I spent all day researching what kinds of foods the characters ate on the island. I made a ham steak to represent the boar that was hunted, I made my own DHARMA Initiative food labels for a can of green beans, a bottle of soda, and a box of dehydrated potatoes to make mashed potatoes, and I had labels for Apollo bars. I also made a fruit salad, and we drank our drinks out of coconut cups. I also printed a DHARMA symbol for the outside of the door. He was so surprised and loved all the thought and effort I had put into making this dinner from him!'

Also this thread could be handy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226656.0  There are also some good ideas relating to lost in the ___in a box thread.

Hope this helps. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliceadventure
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010 09:36:50 AM »

Arhh thank you thats really interesting!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliceadventure
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010 03:01:02 AM »

Ok so in the end I came up with a bunch of stuff!

I put a black bin liner over a cardboard box and made a white lid with card and paper. In the box I put:

A pop art painting of the characters
Some Dharma beer and food cases- these are the easiest things to transform into Lost themed food, you can search 'dharma food labels' in google and download some then print.
Character quiz cards- I printed a picture of each character (I chose 3 in total) and backed them onto white paper, then wrote on the back some questions about the character.
A paper plane- I made an ordinary paper aeroplane and coloured, painted, burned the paper and wrote random show quotes inside.
A fridge magnet- I altered a fridge magnet with card, some pretty paper, ribbon and paint and put on it a quote from Sawyer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding Content to the Pages
Extreme Website Makeover - Creating Multiple Pages Using a Template
Extreme Website Makeover - Choosing Background Color and Alignment
Extreme Website Makeover - Editing a Layout in Fireworks®
Extreme Website Makeover - Creating a Tracing Image
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...