A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Me a Purse Then Fill It-- Gallery  (Read 8064 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010 09:06:30 PM »

I received Donnevita's bag today. She has done an incredible job and I think anyone who gets her in a future swap should consider themselves very lucky! Enough me rambling on, here's what you've all been waiting for - the pictures!
The beautifully crafted bag (it's a little bit wrinkled from travel but I was so excited I had to post pics straight away)

I think she was having me on when she said she wasn't an experienced sewer!

Clever little duck that she is put two pockets in it (one of which contained the lovely lipgloss shown below)
Upclose pic of the bottom of the bag - isn't that material just gorgeous???

THE GOODIES!

The above consists of a lovely little notebook, a pack of Extra Strawberry gum, TWO kinder chocolates, a beautiful smelling hand made caramel lip gloss, a cute little rubber pig, and best of all a Shea butter kadin clay soap scented summer melon(it's pink and cream coloured) that she hand made specially for my troublesome skin. That was just so thoughtful of you, Donnevita, I can't believe.
I absolutely LOVE everything you sent, you've made my first swap absolutely fantastic.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 09:08:09 PM by Mod35tBabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
BoyceMachine
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010 11:54:47 PM »

A really nice bag, very, very pretty but I do have to admit I'm a bit dazzled by Strawberry Extra?!?!  We only get green and blue Extra here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
donnevita

I reject your reality and subsitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010 12:53:32 AM »

Awe yay Im glad that you like it! I swear I really am a newbie sewer... Im really quite proud of how the bag came out! I love that material I used on the bottom... I only have a tiny square of it left now and I went back to the store to buy a bunch more but they didnt sell it anymore!!  Sad

The piggy was last minute... Had to spend $10 at the post office to use eftpos lol

I hope that your skin will like the soap! Its kaolin lol sorry for the messy handwritting. I used one of the pens that you gave me Cheesy but green paper and purple ink don't really go I suppose...

A really nice bag, very, very pretty but I do have to admit I'm a bit dazzled by Strawberry Extra?!?!  We only get green and blue Extra here!

Yep theres also like tropical and blueberry... theres quite a few gum flavours coming out here in recent times. Us aussies love sugar free gum lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010 12:58:49 AM by donnevita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dont do what you cant undo, until youve considered what you cant do once youve done it." - Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

http://bubbleswithlub.blogspot.com/

http://www.bubbleswithlub.etsy.com/
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010 05:50:26 AM »

Awe yay Im glad that you like it! I swear I really am a newbie sewer... Im really quite proud of how the bag came out! I love that material I used on the bottom... I only have a tiny square of it left now and I went back to the store to buy a bunch more but they didnt sell it anymore!!  Sad

I really doubt you're that new hehe - my attempt is far more newbie like. You should be proud because it's awesome. Oh really? That sucks, I would've thought it'd be popular.

The piggy was last minute... Had to spend $10 at the post office to use eftpos lol
Hehe well I like him anyway - he's cute as.
I hope that your skin will like the soap! Its kaolin lol sorry for the messy handwritting. I used one of the pens that you gave me Cheesy but green paper and purple ink don't really go I suppose...
Sorry I didn't really double check the spelling - I looked at it again and it's actually clearly kaolin, but first glance looks a bit d like.

Yep theres also like tropical and blueberry... theres quite a few gum flavours coming out here in recent times. Us aussies love sugar free gum lol

I thought strawberry was a pretty old flavour - I recently went on a search for lifesavers for a friend and was shocked to discover about a dozen flavours lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010 08:56:07 PM »

Ok, sorry for the long wait for photos - especially to my partner - you deserved to have this posted immediately!

It's gorgeous! Black and white and my favorite style of print!

The purse outside - there's a monogram initial key chain of my first and last initial "M" on the left side - it didn't show up too well in the photo:

The purse inside:

The pen - filled with the same purse fabric so it matches!

The Orbit gum (my fav) holder - on a keychain so I won't have to dig for my gum!!!! YAY!!!!!

All my goodies - silver cosmetics bag, silver journal book with photo holder cover, silver glasses case, and the orbit gum holder.

Thanks again to my amazing partner Lindag35 who really nailed my likes on the head! THANKS SO MUCH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
Lindag35
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010 10:09:53 PM »

I am just too happy that you like it all!! You were an amazing partner as well....thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thrynity
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010 08:24:31 AM »

Everyone is getting the coolest purses! I love the diagonal one, especially with the stripes and polka dots. And the black and white damask is beautiful! We are all going to be so stylish. I can't wait for Shannon to get hers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.
The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010 01:05:21 PM »

Love the last two bags there!!  Little gum holder is ingenious!!! Smiley  Well done!  I love seeing what everyone is getting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010 01:41:11 PM »

Everyone is getting the coolest purses! I love the diagonal one, especially with the stripes and polka dots. And the black and white damask is beautiful! We are all going to be so stylish. I can't wait for Shannon to get hers!

It is KILLING me that you haven't opened that package yet!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
Thrynity
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010 02:31:48 PM »

So that Shannon doesn't have a heart attack, here are the pictures of my most awesome package from her! I got it yesterday after the postal workers apparently had a bit too much caffeine and decided I needed my package super fast. Without further ado, the pinkest cupcake purse ever!

That's right folks. Shannon made me a messenger bag with a ZIPPER pouch front, adjustable strap, and cupcake applique. With a matching cupcake checkbook cover and wallet. The front is not quilted - it's WOVEN. Omg.

This is the inside of the wallet. Another zipper! I am in awe of such zipperatude.

Fabulous extras including more pens for me to lose, shiny shiny lippy gloss, candy for my son to steal from me (he already ate a piece for breakfast!), and a super fab pink glasses case.

Last but not least, I had mentioned to Shannon that my 6 1/2 y.o. son is looking forward to changing his name after my wedding, but he's convinced he can change his middle name to "Danger" at the same time (fiance is obviously in favor of this). So, she crocheted him Danger Man!

Thank you so much, Shannon! <3 Your package better get there tomorrow, it's in Spokane right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Talks About Long Way Down
Ted Bell Talks About Tsar
Eric Weiner Talks About The Shadow Market
Buzzy Jackson Talks About Shaking the Family Tree
Adrienne Vrettos Reveals Her Favorite Words
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...