A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 6 -- Summer 2010 Gallery!  (Read 35091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2010 10:43:05 PM »

Package #2 from icebyrd67

Sewing machine 'apron' (in use already of course!)

A baggie of trim, zippers, some buttons, a little jewelry set, and a box with a cute octopus on top!  Its supposed to be a little sewing supply box, but Levi decided it was a treasure box and put a bunch of little things in there and keeps it under his bed.  The octopus guards his treasure!  He is having such fun with it that I guess I'll have to let him keep it!

More stuff for Levi - a tote bag with a turtle on it that has his name in the shell (what a good idea!), he has been using it to carry his stuff to school in.  And some little craft supplies for him, he loves doing art projects! 

Levi trying to hold up his name wall hanging.  I like to put his name everywhere so hopefully he will learn to spell it.  (he can write it, but not with the letters in order for some reason).  Its hanging next to his desk in his school room now.   I love the fabric - we have the ocean theme going on at our house for sure (he is even wearing his shark shorts in the pic, didnt even notice until just now!)
The book at the bottom is a swap journal, it has a TON of pages for adding info about all the swaps I do.  Another great idea!  I have been meaning to keep track of swaps!

Here is the inside of the book. 
And fabrics!  I LOVE fabric, and these are great!  The manatee one is his favorite, he calls them 'fattys' (curtousy of my little sister), and we can see them in the river near our house. 
I am going to make an ocean theme quilt for Levi (eventually), and Im saving up fabrics.  I have to make time to make his quilt, and make one for myself (I'm thinking batik for mine)

Thanks for a great package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foxy Sam
« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2010 03:54:25 AM »

Wow...awesome packages so far...

Leighi123...I wouldn't worry about your little guy spelling his name in a different order...most children when learning to write their own names go through a phase of writing them with the letters mixed up, even all over the page at times...perfectly normal stage of early literacy development...just a side note sorry but I wanted to add it (o= 

Cool Octopus too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2010 08:02:04 PM »

That turtle stencil is soooo cute! And I didn't even notice the name until you pointed it out. Veerrrrrry clever! Love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2010 01:47:59 PM »

The turtle name bag is really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pkwj
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2010 06:00:21 PM »

I finally had a chance to sit down and upload pics of the awesome package that hlillie sent to me.

First up...this AWESOME WIP bag!!!   Oh My Goodness...it is HUGE!   The photo does not do it justice, it is beautiful.   My mom is SO jealous - she has tried several times to sneak it home with her...I have to keep an eye on it while she is around. Cheesy

A shot of the inside - its not the best pic, but gives an idea of how deep it is and all of POCKETS!!!

Along with the bag is a hook roll - which I needed in the worst way.  It matches the bag!!!  I LOVE IT!

The box was chock full of yarn - hlillie said that  she had gotten the yarn for a blanket, but then didn't end up making it - she asked me to send a pic when I make something from it - which I absolutely will do.

The bag and hook roll quickly became part of my 'must take w/me everywhere I go' collection! 

She also sent along some starburst - but my kids scammed the bag before I could get a pic taken.   Cheesy

Thank you hlillie - you are very talented and I am very luck to have you as my partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2010 07:30:26 PM »

Those colours are beautiful, and that bag looks really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2010 03:11:51 PM »

That bag and roll are really nice - and filled with yarn too!  Great job.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010 03:20:17 PM by southernstitcher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
hlillie
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2010 09:03:26 AM »

I received a great package from my partner, pkwj. Sorry its taken so long to post,
(it came the day before my vacation). pkwj sent me a bar soap holder and crotched face scrubbers(great idea), wash cloth, bath salt, candles, flower soaps, a body scruber, hot chocolate to relax with and some flower charms.
A great fondue book. Thanks pkwj, I don't have anything on fondue or gum paste, and it was nice to have something to read on my vacation. Lastly, thread catcher ( I really needed this). Thanks again for the great package, I love it all and it's just what I needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2010 02:47:25 PM »

ooh, awesome book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2010 04:34:23 PM »

I've been gone for a week and half and I really thought there would be more posts. I REALLY thought I would see some package 3s... Wow! Send outs tomorrow! I'm so not ready...

Great loot, you guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Not to Hit Too Early in Backgammon
Why Not To Do It in Backgammon
End Game in Backgammon
Middle Strategy Tips in Backgammon
Starting Rolls in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...