A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 6 -- Summer 2010 Gallery!  (Read 33449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2010 06:22:20 AM »

Don't you love how the critters always think swap packages are for them?!

Here's a few more close-ups of the little stuff.

Hmm, I'm detecting a theme... Or maybe I'm just seeing stars.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2010 09:54:22 AM »

Oh! I love that chainmaille necklace! It looks like snowflakes ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2010 10:27:02 AM »

Those fairies are just gorgeous. I love the colours you chose.

i'm wisting that cassette shirt. I still like tapes, and mourn for swapping mixes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2010 04:32:40 PM »

So excited that I received an awesome package from nostephot today!!

Above is a complete jewelry making kit - complete with everything I will need, and an adorable "Jewelry Making 101" binder that she made full of inspiration.  It has a ring at the top so I can hang it up.  Also seen is a CD of great New Orleans music.  

Next up is fabric bins and an adorable stuffed owl.  And, she used some of my favorite fabric to line the bins that I sent her in package 1.  And I love me some burlap!  How nice was that?  

Here we have some cute magnet buttons which are a tease for what is to come in package 3!!!  It came in a cute red drawstring bag which I forgot to photograph.  

And finally, an adorable zippered bag with great big handles, again made from the fabric I sent, and the CUTEST EVER cross stitch to hang in my craft room!!  That little bow on it is tape measure ribbon!!  I have a daughter who is giving me fits right now, so I need to heed that phrase - a lot!!!

Thank you so much Candace for a wonderful package that is just my style - I love it all!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 04:37:36 PM by southernstitcher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
tinkrbella2005
Wow sarcasm, that's original.

Not all who wander are lost. - Tolkien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2010 08:47:23 PM »

Those bird earrings are beautiful, I love how the birds stand out from the stone background bead - what kind of stone is that anyways?

Thanks. They are shell type coin beads. I think that I got them at Michael's or AC Moore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Well behaved women rarely make history- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~

http://facebook.com/littlebitofjessjewelry

http://www.wists.com/tinkrbella
curiousfae

meccaleccahi- meccahineyho!

« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2010 09:05:48 PM »

I've rec'd Package Two from Onyxnox!
I've condensed the pics for space so the aren't going to do my gifts justice but I wanted to share most of it with you all! Keep in mind this is only the highlights of my loot....she spoiled me!!

A craft I want to learn is paper cutting and she bought me a fabulous book on the subject that has these great full-size patterns in it! This has to be one of the coolest most cutting-edge (no pun intended) paper cutting books I've seen on the market. I've already started on one of them! She sent two new pairs of Fiscar scissors as well~ I ALWAYS need scissors! She made two awesome book marks; one is a crocheted lavender stalk (fav scent) and cherries (a fav pattern/element). She also sent a favorite book of hers from the same genre that I like; fantasy/sci fi and so far it is really good! Reminds me of Tolkien. She sent some fiber and needles for needle felting (one of my crafts). She vacuum packed them which I think is INGENIOUS! I love the colors she chose and the felting needles are so fragile that I always need more. AND she sent stitch markers that she made~ I needed these so bad!

Next, she out did herself and made me FIVE necklaces!!!!! Two with pendents of the kind of whimsical paintings that I love, one that has a little ball of thread and crochet needle (above), and one that is beaded with beautiful floral pendant. This one rocks my socks because of the tiny beads. And the last one is a cherries necklace AND bracelet! So darn cool! I especially love the bracelet and the way it shimmers and tinkles while I am wearing it! Makes me feel so girlie--- I love it!

She stenciled two shirts; one for me with a bronze graphic of a pin up (love pinups!) and one for my son with Mario on it!  He was so excited to get something not to mention the fact that it had Mario on it!

And lastly she sent this lovely little box she embellished with an Art Nouveau image (another fav of mine) on it and my screen name. It is so pretty. I love it!

She also sent candy, clips, a book with more patterns for paper cutting and origami paper! Told you I was spoiled!
Thanks again Bonnie! Your craftsmanship and generosity just astounds me!!!!
Kelli
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2010 09:14:39 PM »

Curiousfae, I love those necklaces witht he painting on them, kind of b&w Waterhouse-esque. I love me some Waterhouse. They are amazing. if it was in a pic all it's own I would totally wist them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2010 09:41:35 PM »

woah...massive package! Shocked

lovely stuff.  love the paper cutout book.  its something i'm interested in as well...though there isn't much i'm not interested in.  i like the cherry bracelet.  whats the book?  i'm a huge fantasy fan and i love adding books to my "to-read" list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2010 02:00:23 AM »

Wow, awesome stuff...fab packages...love the jewelry making kit it looks so comprehensive...the necklaces with the paintings on are brilliant too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2010 05:13:20 AM »

So glad you liked it Kelli - I was worried that all that glass, something would get broken - is there any broken leaves on the cherry pieces, because I found half a leaf in bed the other day, and I wonder if it was from one of them or the bookmark when I was packing?

I got my package too, and am so excited.  I need to find my camera and will take pics later.  I love love love the loom and supplies, and DH is now worried that the coffee table will become a braiding station, obscuring his television sight lines.

rlynn - the book is Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, the first of a trilogy (in 4 parts as his last book was so huge it had to be split in 2) by Tad Williams.  It is an epic fantasy that definitely has Tolkien-like influences, but also reminds me of David Eddings too.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragonbone-Chair-Memory-Sorrow-Thorn/dp/0756402697/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278763795&sr=8-1

Foxy Sam, the pendants are some art by Arthur Rackham who is also known for some of his art for Alice in Wonderland.  Those particular pieces I used for curiousfae's pendants are part of his series done for the story of Undine, which I liked in particular because it is so similar to Rusalka/the Little Mermaid - one of my favourite tales (and opera!).  It worked out well, because she mentioned Rackham as a favourite artist.

Because of the earthier pigmentation of the pictures, I used copper findings, a copper edging, and a copper chain on one, and a brown ribbon on the other.  Here are a couple of pics  I took, though they are not half as good as hers.

I loved the blue necklace because of the colours.  I made it in graduating shades, because blue is one of my favourite colours, and have plans to make a lariat or the same necklace for myself at some point, and one in red.  It just made me happy making this necklace....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create A Sleek Ponytail
Interview with Celebrity Colorist Christophe Robin
How to Style a Power Pony
How to Get a Voluminous Ponytail
Everything You Need to Know Before Getting Pastel Hair Color
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...