A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,365
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 6 -- Summer 2010 Gallery!  (Read 40842 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jca1982
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2010 06:20:04 AM »

More great packages!

Yay for handspun yarn!!! Smiley I love my drop spindle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2010 07:30:01 AM »

***Package 1***
I got mine from curiousfae last night!  Or it could have been the night before and DH never said anything and I was so tired from work I may very well have just threw my bags onto the chair right over it - not sure now Huh

Anyways, I was too tired because I was done work and went out to have a bitching session with my best friend over comfort food and a beer and did not get home until after midnight, so I charged up my camera battery and opened it up this morning.  Excuse the messy bed, opening the box was literally the second thing I did after getting out of bed  Roll Eyes

First off, she sent a great little bio about herself and some cute pics, and I strongly suspect that if we were to meet in person, we probably would be quite sympatico Cheesy  Curiousfae, your family is beautiful, and your dogs adorable.  I think you are a cutie too - love those first pics of you!  It seems we have so much in common (OK, except for the cooking part - I do love to cook - but if you love to eat, then you would be in synch with me still because I would so cook for you!).  

I am loving this swap - it is like a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  more awesome way to penpal!  DesignVigilante, I don't know how you partnered people, but I think you did a great job with curiousfae and myself, because we do have many similiarities and bits of lives that overlap or mirror in some ways, which you could not have possibly known!  For one thing, both our father's are adopted, and her father is from Canada, as am I.  Her hubby's American born, but 100% Italian as both parents are Italian immigrants, whereas I am Canadian born, and I do say that I am 100% Chinese, and both my parents are immigrants too.  My DH is the 7th gen mixed Western European descent white guy (he liked to say that his family had been kicked out of pretty much every country in Western Europe in their history).

We both have 3 siblings - she has two brothers and a sister.  She is 10 mos apart from her sister, and a big age difference between her and her brothers.  My sisters are about a year apart, but I am the baby, and there is 13 years difference between my oldest sister and I.  My brother is not close to any of us - but that is his problem - I'm adorable Wink

We seem to have similar taste in music, shopping, religion, books.....  DV - you did do an awesome job partnering!

Anyways, here are the pics - it is like an awesome game, opening it up, seeing the items and trying to figure out how they connect with the person, and then reading about it.  So much fun!

The whole kit and kaboodle on the messy bed.  I know the first package is all about her, but they fit me so well too in many ways!!!  Curiousfae, you did an awesome job with the package!

There is the most adorable pea salt and pepper shaker set - just ADORABLE, and she is a salt addict (DH would totally concur, it's like a battle to try to get him to not use so much - but then I don't help because I am such a foodie I also have at least 6 different types of salt in the house).  An American flad, and flag socks (love that - I have a *thing* for cute socks).  Chapstick and handwash - two things that she always has in her purse and everywhere else - I sent lip balm too!  Also I have little bottles of handwash too - one is on a clip attached to my purse.  This is what happens when you work in a lab or hospital!  A Michaels shopping bag - her favourite store (used to mine too, but they closed the one closest to me years ago!).  We both love shopping.  A beach essential - cute floral flip flops - and I happen to be a slipper loving fiend - foot comfort is essential!  A favourite book - This Dog's Life, and we are both dog lovers!  A copy of a local magazine (I sent one too!).  An adorable cherry patterned paper bag, and pencil - we are both list makers.  

A pic of the crafted items - adorable ribbon hairbands.  I always hold my hair back for work, and she loves the patterns on the ribbons (I love the combo of black/white/red too, very graphic, and I think te skully patterned ribbon is cute too!).  A clear make-up bag she made - I totally thought that was bought until I read the letter.  You did a great job, and it will be perfect for carrying some essentials in my backpack for when I work a nightshift and need to freshen up.  A Michigan oven mitt - adorable, and I never realised it was hand shaped until you said so - too funny!  A crochet themed ornament - but combines two crafting loves of hers; needle felting and crochet!  I love it.  I love to crochet too, and I just started basic needle felting this past year too!  There is a water bottle too, to go with the flip flops, as beach essentials - and I take it orange is a favourite colour? Cheesy  Also, magnets of her favourite movies.  I only remember seeing 16 Candles (loved it too!), and now I will have to find the others to watch them too, because I am not familiar with them at all.  

A close up of the makeup bag - love the little patterns.

Up close with Michigan

And then, as I was taking the pictures, I realised I forgot something else - she sent this great bracelet that some students where she works were selling them to raise money for the oil disaster in New Orleans (OMG!!!!!).  I love it and put it on right away.  It says Give a F*ck, Save a Duck.  I love it, andam glad that people are raising money to try to help.  What a terrible disaster.

Curousfae, thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself with me, I had a great time reading your letter and love the package, and it has given me some more ideas on what to add to your next package too.  I am loving this swap!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010 12:27:53 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2010 08:01:26 AM »

Wonderful package!!!  The oven mitt is so cute.  And I totally dig that braclette.  That oil spill is terrible. Terrible!!! I can't believe it's still going...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2010 08:28:18 AM »

Another great package, I love the oven mitt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010 09:46:51 AM »

Package 1
I received my totally awesome package today
This is about half the stuff in the box, but shows all the yarn... my cat wanted to help, that may have had something to do with the catnip fish toys tinkrbella2005 made for my cats

An action shot or two

And one of the yarn I think is my favorite of the three

This awesome filled box keeps my partner organized and is filled with some of her favorites I love them all

Chainmaille Jewelry I have been wearing the flower bracelet since I took it out of the box minus picture taking time

This gorgeous Buddha which I took the best picture I could of it

A really pretty scarf

Sorry about so many picture, but I really wanted to show how awesome the package is. Not pictured is a beaded bookmark that I love but could not get a good picture of, some tea bags, wooden cooking utensils, and burts bees chapstick  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010 09:56:44 AM by Gspinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hlillie
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010 10:28:35 AM »

All the packages so far have been great! Also, LOVE the bracelet about the duck. I might have to share that with a few small organizations I know that are trying to be creative in raising money for the oil spill cleanup. If that's OK Curousfae?

Uh? why do cats (including mine) think it's their business to inspect every box that comes into the home?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010 10:31:29 AM by hlillie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010 11:09:17 AM »

Package 1 From Missing Muse
the Everything (theres some of her poetry in this shot, which is really cool!  I love it!)

Painting she did tatoo-esque, Comic bioraphy whe copy edited, Knitting needles the color of her car, Favorite energy drink she uses to craft and paint all night long, Book Good Omens (apparently funny!)

Comic book from free comic book day (it has Fragglerock on the back too!  Deklan claimed this because he's getting into comics))  CD of her Favorite local artist (which I need my kids to be in bed to listen to, or stick it on the iPod, but not so much kid friendly (and thank you btw, cause I really apreciate something like that, cause sometimes people forget I'm a person and not just a mom, and you acknowledged it wether you ment to or not  Smiley )  Chocolate!!! Spicy yummy chocolate (It's not going to last much longer)

T-shirt with a killer (read cool) robot (Deklan was sad it's to big for him... ), Some spay paint, in hunter green... wonder what to do with it. Yarn!!! I love the color, and a timer (which she uses a tool to organize her day-Which is a brilliant idea I might use for those days I get distracted)

All in all a fantabulous package.  Gives me a few clues to how to make Package 2 AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much Missing Muse, so much killer stuff!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010 11:11:53 AM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010 11:20:30 AM »

Fabulous packages everyone!!

Onyx -- you wrote a book up there, haha. I'm glad you're loving your partner! It takes me several hours to partner people and i look through EVERYTHING on the questionnaire, not just allergies/location/shipping options.

My package from theballandskein is in the country! so I hope to be posting my goodies soon Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010 12:25:35 PM »

Oh good! The chocolate arrived in one piece, and as a piece not as soup! I was worried about it. I mailed it, and then the heat wave started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010 01:05:06 PM »

Really fun packages!  I'd like to thank anyone who has contributed in any way to the oil spill relief.  We know people personally affected by it, and I'm quite sure my partner does too!  We just came back from a fishing camp where the waters are fine - a lake that used to be part of the Mississippi river many moons ago.  But, we also have enjoyed the fishing near the marshes in the past, and it's so sad to think it could be generations (!!??) before fishing can resume.  Seafood is such a huge industry here......

Well I have a few more days off so I'm headed to the crafting room now to work on box #2!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Green Smoothie by Francis The Dog
How to Make Matcha Soy Milk Shake
How to Make Easy Baked Salmon
How to Make Easy Japanese Inspired Roast Beef
How to Make an Authentic Thai Tom Yum Soup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...