A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 6 -- Summer 2010 Gallery!  (Read 35062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2010 06:43:10 AM »

thanks!  ill check out the book. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkangelwingz
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2010 07:38:21 AM »

Everyone has gotten awesome stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkangelwingz
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2010 08:30:37 AM »

This is package 1 from browneyes54.

a kandi bracelet

pony beads

a memo clip

memo pad

comic book

poi (that is my younger sister in the pic)

bag with pockets

glowsticks

patches

and 2 tea bags
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2010 02:40:28 PM »

Here is my package 2 - so so so happy!!!!

First of all, what is in this pretty pretty pretty box?

Why, an odd assortment of wooden spools, floss, a chopstick, and a bag of marbles....

Why on earth did she send me that?Huh  Because...............................

SHE MADE ME MY VERY OWN MURADAI/KUMIHIMO/JAPANESE BRAIDING LOOM AND THOSE ARE THE SUPPLIES I NEED FOR IT!!!!!!!!  So AWESOME!!!!!

I have been wanting to try this for years, especially beaded versions of it.  Now I have no excuse, though I did restrict myself to finishing a few swap crafts first before trying it.  It is huge too, when put together, probably at least a foot and a half tall.  If all else fails and I totally suck at the braiding, I could probably use it for a side table too, it is that big  Grin

She included everything I need for it, the floss for braiding, the weight bag of marbles to hold the project in the centre, the spools and bobbins, and a great instruction book too.  Also, for my own supplies, there were great storage containers for my beads, and a fantastic black beading mat, and this really great tool that is tweezers on one end, and a bead scoop on the other - awesome, and something I have actually been wanting for awhile.

Curiousfae also sent me a flashdrive (I love these, so great for carrying files, patterns, images around to work on at my break on work, or to take to the local print shop to make images for crafting for), and my own label for them.  She taught me that flash drives are called Dongles in England, and for some reason (OK, my immature, dirty little brain) every time I see that word, I go into spasms of giggling.  A cool magnet of a local mascot for Wisconsin, Sparty.  He will be the start of my magnet collection on our drinks fridge.  I have been thinking it has been very naked lately.  A nice and BIG tea/capuccino cup which she personalized with my name (and until it cools down, it will serve as my ice cream bowl Grin)

There were more goodies too...

A duo pack of busy bones for the dogs - Ginger sniffed those out immediately, but they had their big treats already today, so they will get it as their Sunday treat, despite her pleading eyes.  a really neat stone bead, which I am thinking about for projects already, and this odd package surrounded by ice packs.  Opened it up to find.....

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!  I broke into the ginger one already - awesome!!!!!  They will go into the freezer so that I can have an icy rich treat every once in awhile (and it keeps it out of the dogs reach - Ginger has an unholy fascination with chocolate).  DH already grabbed the white chocolate because that is his favourite.

Here is a dignified picture of him holding onto it, saying, "Mine!  Mine!  That's for me!!!!  Mine!"  I kid you not - he becomes a 5 year old when white chocolate is involved.

Thank you so much for the package and treats, I love it all!

<<<<<HUGS>>>> from Toronto to Michigan!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2010 04:57:44 PM »

Curiousfae also sent me a flashdrive (I love these, so great for carrying files, patterns, images around to work on at my break on work, or to take to the local print shop to make images for crafting for), and my own label for them.  She taught me that flash drives are called Dongles in England, and for some reason (OK, my immature, dirty little brain) every time I see that word, I go into spasms of giggling.  

Actually, flashdrives are called flashdrives in the UK. Or usb sticks. But not dongles, unless the person is seriously confused. A dongle is something completely different, though it often looks  like a flashdrive. A dongle is a small, portable piece of hardware that plugs in to a computer or laptop and allows the use of secured software, though the term is mostly but not exclusively used to refer to a portable broadband wireless adapter. Also, dongle isn't a British term, I think it's actually American in origin but I'm not sure.

Ah, here is a good explanation of a dongle: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-dongle.htm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010 05:00:51 PM by sophieangele » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ewulotta
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2010 12:24:35 AM »

I kind of received package 2 from rlynn. The bf told it has arrived. I'm spending the summer with my parents, so I won't see it until I'm back in August Sad But at least he told me what's inside. He didn't want to bring it along though. Can't wait to see it in real!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2010 03:07:31 PM »

I received from spookshowbaby77 a few days ago, but due to various family and work stresses, and my poor kitty getting sick and needing an operation on his head (he looks very pathetic at the moment, poor little guy Sad), I've only just got to posting pics. Sorry!

Package 2

She sent me the most amazing package! Check out the cuteness of the flannel fabric she sent me for my stash:

Unicorns! Owls! Flowers! Cute!

Seriously, those owls are adorable!

Spookshowbaby also made me this gorgeous cupcake cross stitch and glittery frame! It's in black and white, which matches the decor of my room. The glitter is really nice, not at all flaky

Look, these notelets come in 2 bits - a body and a little outfit that slots in so you can dress them! How cute is that?

And she sent me all these adorable extras from the Sanrio shop! Stickers, papers, a sweet little stamp, a key cap like the one on my wist, and a chubby little hamster eraser:

Thank you so much, spookshowbaby77!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2010 07:19:02 PM »

I am the most spoiled swap partner ever. I was totally stressed out, having one of the worst weeks ever, and then i received the most amazing package from Belladune. It made me cry (this is extremely unusual, it was one of those weeks). So here we go:

apron in gorgeous blue and brown flowered fabric with built-in pot holders!

gigantic headwrap in undescribably delicious fabric (this thing is about seven feet long!)- the most comfortable headgear I have ever owned. I may never leave the house without it again.

forest green handspun  with multicoloured nubbies. This is going to make- well, I don't know yet. i 'll have to think up a worthy project that will show it off to best effect.

And on to the best part of the package, the bit that made me cry:

needle roll, pin cushion, and "CRAFT OR DIE" project bag!!

Just look at this embroidery. It must have taken her forever, and I'm totally not deserving of something so great.

She went way beyond all possible expectations, and I cannot say thank you enough.  ((Belladune))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2010 07:59:03 PM »

yay!  I'm so glad I could make a bad week better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2010 12:10:01 PM »

gigantic headwrap in undescribably delicious fabric (this thing is about seven feet long!)- the most comfortable headgear I have ever owned. I may never leave the house without it again.

((Belladune))

That's fabulous. And so flattering! 7 feet long and HOW WIDE?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Organic Burgers
Grilled Steak Salad with Honey Shallot Raspberry Vinaigrette
Cooking With Chloe, Episode 3
How to Make Honey Glazed Winter Squash
How to Make Cranberry Salsa
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...