This is a simple, quick, handmade card that you can use for any occasion.
The materials I used were:
1 Sheet of double sided scrapbook paper (It has a design on both sides instead of just one)
1 Sheet of single colored scrapbook paper
Double sided poster tape
1 Metal push-pin (Cut off the point leaving about 1/3 to 1/4 inch of the peg)
20lb hemp cord (Used for beading and jewelry)
1. Decide which side of the double sided paper you want to be the outside of the card. I chose the striped side. Cut the paper down so the envelope will be about 1/4 inch wider than the card.
2. Cut the length of the paper so that it will be about 1/4 inch shorter than the height of the envelope when folded into thirds. Also make sure that the top layer will be about 1/2 inch shorter than the layer under it.
3. Center the single colored paper and cut it so there is a 1/2 border of the other paper surrounding it.
4. Secure the pieces of paper together with poster tape.
5. Use hot glue to secure the hemp cord between the two layers of paper at the top.
6. Fold the card into thirds: bottom up, top down so the layer with the cord attached is on top.
7. Hot glue the push-pin in the center of the bottom layer. Be sure to let the hot glue cool and dry before wrapping the cord around it, if you don't, it'll get stuck and make a mess.
8. Decorate the inside or write whatever message you want. I used this one as a birthday card for my cousin.
Inside the envelope:
The outside of the card:
The inside of the card:
The bottom layer:
The card, closed with cord wrapped: