A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat bed for a medium dog sized cat?  (Read 4498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

querencia
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010 09:00:13 PM »

not sure if i'm properly visualising what you're describing but i'm all about experimenting Wink the sonotubes come in some -really- big diameters, like they make it larger than 24" and larger than 30" diameter, the concrete pillars that frequently support highway type construction? those gigantor pillars are usually made out of sonotubes or similar brands Cheesy if you want to try and find a larger diameter like that though the best bet is to find a construction supplier, and politely ask to buy it by the foot. those huge diameters are frequently sold in 12' lengths and can be crazy expensive. if you can buy a bit by the foot though it comes out pretty economical :}

more work than it sounds like, just need to find construction supplier that deals with concrete construction, call em, and ask politely. i've found in using weird materials for household/pet related things once large burly construction guys get over blinking at me and asking me if i am looking for my father or my husband or something and i explain what i want they are usually helpful and awesomely accommodating as they try to figure out if what i'm doing is even going to work :}

my next pet project i want to do is to make a tree for the cats to climb.. we have a carpet covered floor to ceiling post thing with ledges but i want actual tree branches. my poor mancreature is patient but is getting worried as i keep eyeing up tree limbs and branches on the side of the road. just waiting for the perfect branchie tree pieces to appear... and thanks for pumpkin chunks flattery :} he's a special guy, we actually had an in court custody dispute over him. now that he's ours and here to stay i got to find ways to spoil him. though the cat tree won't be for him seeing as he's not much of a climber and his former owner declawed him :<

THIS ROCKS   Logged
achgfd
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010 01:22:57 AM »

That is a giant cat!!!!!

I know!!! He's not light either. He loves to give hugs by wrapping his paws around your neck and pressing the top of his head under your chin. He is also a good jumper, but not really a good climber.

And declawing a cat is torture! I think I will just try and see if I can get them at home depot. Is that also where you can get the carpet samples? Not sure where to pick those up. But my brother in law works construction, maybe he can pick me up some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

querencia
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010 01:59:32 AM »

home depot stocks the smaller size tubes but if you have a multitude of cats SOMEONE'S going to appreciate the size they have there and you'll get an idea of how the stuff works. if you've got someone in construction that works with or around the peeps doing the concrete they might be able to snag you some scrap of the larger size too though :}

i'm not cool with declawing. i worked as a vet tech and just couldn't handle being a part of it usually.  scary cat with epilepsy who would attack people before having a seizure and it was just so unpredictable because the first sign was the aggression... guy with AIDS with garbage immune system desperate to keep his cat but any scratches he got led to horrible infections. i dunno. i learned to never say never. but i don't think it's something i could stand to do to one of my pets. and couldn't really handle seeing a perfectly healthy paw mauled like that. anyway, i'm OCD enough and willing to totally tick them off enough that i do claw cap them, don't hate me Wink they just glare at me for a few minutes then go back to eating and sleeping and the furniture and small children are saved. Cheesy and the door frame. because before i did it one of my cats actually managed to rip off a side of my weenie indoor door molding by climbing it repeatedly. when she leaned back at the top it pried it away from the wall over the course of a few years. anyway... declawing- no, clawcapping- hooah!

lemme know how the project turns out? going to over and out in this thread for now since it's turning into a one on one hunkacatlove fest Wink pm me if you ever want to eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Memory Map Board
How to Sew a Purse Organizer
How to Make a Patchwork Blanket Design
How to Make Card Paper Flowers
How Make Paper Look Old
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...