A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mmm Pie... Spanish Pie?!  (Read 1014 times)
Tags for this thread: meat_pie , chicken  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2010 11:46:33 AM »

Offered to cook for my parents this evening as I am living rent free under their roof.  Roll Eyes Was told I needed to use up some chicken and peppers... And so a spanish chicken pie was created!
I based it on this recipe from BBC: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9974/spanish-chicken-pie

With a few adjustments, instead of using roasted peppers from a jar I roasted my own, and then sliced them up, I used red, yellow and orange ones. I also roasted a courgette along with them because I thought it was lacking in veg a little.

It's pretty easy you can cook everything beforehand and then throw it together in a dish to bake. If I do it again I will add more paprika than the recipe suggests as I couldn't taste it, but then again I like paprika!

I meant to take a photo when it came out the oven but I was hungry  Wink

So here is an action shot after me and my parents had demolished most of it

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010 02:28:19 PM »

Thats sounds so tasty! I like the mashed potato topping, I bet it would make a good filling for a crust like a pot pie, too. I'm going to have to find out what a courgette is, though. I've never heard that word before! (same as a zuchinni, apparently. I learned something new today! Cool.  Grin)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 02:30:08 PM by when_im_sixty4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010 07:02:15 PM »

Thats sounds so tasty! I like the mashed potato topping, I bet it would make a good filling for a crust like a pot pie, too. I'm going to have to find out what a courgette is, though. I've never heard that word before! (same as a zuchinni, apparently. I learned something new today! Cool.  Grin)

Ah yes forgive my Englishness Wink zuchinni and courgette are indeed the same thing for some reason American and English have gone in very different directions here!
And I was unsure about the potato topping but it was really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spidersweb
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010 11:23:15 AM »

Slight segue here, but I bet it's because Americans got introduced to the zuchinni by Italian immigrants, but the British were exposed to it via the French.

Ah yes forgive my Englishness Wink zuchinni and courgette are indeed the same thing for some reason American and English have gone in very different directions here!
And I was unsure about the potato topping but it was really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get an ISBN
Actress Kara Hayward Reads an Excerpt from The Blessed
Discovering Abigail May Alcott with Eve LaPlante
How to Write a Short Story
How to Write Rhyme
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...