A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 266465 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KittenKaboodle

Dyslexics of the World, Untie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2007 05:29:44 AM »

All he does is straight and zigzag, but his fastest speed in 1800 stitches per minute.
Holy mother of pearl!  I'm impressed that you can keep up with a machine that goes that fast! 

There's a bit of a learning curve in sewing that fast.  The dealer told me to take a few hours to simply practice using the machine on as many different fabrics as possible before rushing headlong into a project.  It has a clutch motor system so it can sew much slower, or it can sew top speed.  When I worked a summer job many years ago we had a similar machine and it had two speeds, really super fast or dead stop. 
...named after an ex who once wanted me to choose between him, or buying a sewing machine.
LOL  I bet the lead-up to that ultimatum was interesting.    Cheesy
You made a good choice.

The lead up was interesting, but the meltdown after was far more revealing.  Roll Eyes Two years ago he had the good grace to admit he might have been misguided. Maybe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
osiris
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2007 05:36:15 AM »

My machine:

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/71/71/40/0004717140200_215X215.jpg

Bought on a whim on eBay while at university.  It's perfect for little old novice me.  It goes forwards and backwards and that's about it XD.  Portable, small and cheap, I love it lol.  No idea what I'll do when I decide to attempt inserting a zip... cause it has no zipper foot...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 11:11:11 PM by kategirl - Reason: Please do not hotlink to an image that you do not own » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironmaiden
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2007 06:30:13 AM »

This is mine:

It's my first machine, so not too bad.  I'm going to be scouring yard sales and thrift shops after some of the finds I've seen in this thread though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowyangel
Mothering, sewing and gardening.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2007 01:35:20 PM »

That one is my sexy baby too! She's a good girl, get's the job done.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2007 08:05:44 PM »

Here's my new baby, obviously a boy (it's in a blue/green). I still haven't named him, but I will soon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2007 12:02:06 PM »

My newest baby:  a Singer 306w, $5 at a rummage sale  Grin

AND it has a new motor:

All I needed to do when I got it home was adjust the tension very slightly.  Didn't even really need to clean it much, though I did oil it.

Of course, though, there's a catch--306's don't use conventional bobbins and needles.  They have to be special ordered.  SO, I bought 24 bobbins and 20 needles for $25....bringing the grand total for my new baby up to $30.

She sews like a dream, though, and so quiet.  It's my new favorite!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
SugarySweet
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2007 12:57:40 PM »

Your new baby is a very nice find.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MercGirl1963
Dark Clown on a chicken farm.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2007 06:45:08 PM »

I just got a 306 and I LOVE IT!  I have used a regular singer needle and it worked fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
farmgirljane
« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2007 06:17:14 PM »

I just had to show a pic of my new baby. "Bessie"

Because of the work I do I have alot - read obese - free time where I can basically do as I wish. So I craft.  I have been looking for a treadle sewing machine to use while at work cause I have no power there and didn't want to spend a fortune because I have had a couple of breakins. And I picked this old lady up on my local Freecycle - can you believe I got this for nothing - lucky me Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy. And I don't have to leave her at work, Bessie is a Wertheim, hand crank machine, and she is portable.

Anyway she is in good working order, stitches are beautiful and it has a perfect 1/4 inch seam as well.  Only need to find some spare needles and would like to find a few more bobbins, they are sooooo tiny.  Doing a search now to find out where I can get spare parts for her.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my challenge 31 entry Jeannie's getting married in the morning and don't forget to vote
bosssanders
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2007 10:40:18 PM »

I don't have any pics...but I JUST got the singer computerized 1000+ stitch sewing machine...it does decorative stitiches, buttonholes, and a little bit of embroidery...I haven't used it yet...and it's my first sewing machine...EVER!  (I just got it today!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - Overview
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...