A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
281 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 272459 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachikus
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2006 04:50:17 AM »

My Grandma has a singer treadle machine. In her house. I want to steal it when she dies...no one else will want it. I want it.

However I learnt to sew on a 1975 Husqvarna 2000. which belongs to my mother. It was like the best and still is awesome.

The parentals bought me a burnette 330 from the sunday markets. for christmas.  Me loves it. Its so quiet and smooth. but has a glitch and if you turn the wheel past the zigzag stitch width setting it stuffs up the whole stitch thing and you have to fiddle with it until its better...so i drew on it.
It has nice holes for feet keeping.

Mother also has a pfaff hobby lock from the early 80's which i like to use. i like overlocker/serger things. they make edges nice.

hehe.
I shall take pictures one day. They are lined up next to each other near a wall in our lounge room.
its cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stalk me
Gardenofdaisies
Garden of Daisies Embroidery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2006 04:38:27 PM »

This one of my "babies" (and my first attempt at putting an image in a post.) I use them (I have 2) for my work and have recently started making things for "fun & profit" with them. I love combining technology w/ traditional needle arts - very cool Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:46:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MADness323
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2006 06:37:21 PM »

Grin

I have three. Maybe some of you can help me out with my prettiest here-

My awesome boyfriend gave it to me for X-Mas, and I really know nothing about it. I was just able to look at it really quick last time i was over; I dont offically get it until hes got some sort of power working. (Lets hope he doesnt kill it)

The desk opens up, so it can be stored inside of it. And its got a knee control.. thing.

Then I have a Singer, its a couple years old, and it throws fits, but I love it cause its my first. I started painting it gold, and its got some random things on it.

Then I just got this serger today. I havent begun to fathom how to do anything with it, lol. Ive been too spazztic over my other present (drawing tablet) to really look into it yet. But after looking at Gardenofdaisies machine right there maybe i shouldnt be so overwelmed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
irish_chicky
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2006 07:09:52 PM »

this is my baby

my bf just get her for me for christmas!
I'm so spoiled!
I also have an antique singer, no pics right now though.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2006 08:44:01 PM »

Wow, Madness323, your oldest sewing machine looks exactly like the one I use (which is actually my Mom's).  I think it might be from the 30's but I don't really know anything else about it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paroper
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2006 10:34:00 PM »

It is a very common machine.  I don't know exactly what year it was made but there are places where you can find out from the serial number.  It is a very good basic machine that is prized by quilters. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jandjsmom
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2006 10:31:28 AM »

My mom has the same machine as the first one.  It has a gorgous stitch.  It is sometimes a bit of a pain since there is no reverse and only straight stitch, but you really can't beat the old machines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MADness323
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2006 03:59:30 PM »

aweeesome, now I'm all excited. Im going to the boyfriend's tonight, so i get to visit it, hehehe  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2007 10:22:22 AM »

http://home.comcast.net/~raeven_flyte/images/close401a.jpg[/img]

What a fun thread!  Glad to see others with vintage machines here.

That's the same machine my mom has! Oh, I remember watching her sew for HOURS when I was younger.

I don't have any pictures of my machine on this computer, but I'll post one whenever I get home.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008 07:40:49 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
Avian Flight
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2007 11:18:28 AM »

This is such a cool thread. I browsed through all the pictures and didn't find one like mine so I thought I'd post it here. It's actually my mom's machine but its the only one we have so I use it too. It's an industrial machine we bought second hand and it probably came from one of the Chinese clothing factories in nyc. It's a Singer 591 lockstitch and it can only sew straight lines. I can't adjust anything and it has no cool features but I love it anyway.

Here's a pic of it with the table it came with. Excuse the mess.. The pedal is attached to the table as is everything else, looks like a foot rest. The red rubber thingy under the table lifts the sewing foot, you need to push it with your knee. The thread holders are at the right, raised from the table and the bobbin (not sure if that's the name, it's small and holds the bottom thread) is under the table. The circular black thing to the right is attached to the engine and you need to turn that to lift the needle. The attached light is very useful.  Other then that I don't know anything else about this machine.  Smiley oh right, the on/off buttons are at the right corner of the table. If you're wondering about the uneven wall and crappy floor it's because that's my basement and it's unfinished. There's nowhere else to stick this thing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 01:16:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...