A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 196209 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paroper
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2006 02:21:12 PM »

That's a handcrank...hard to see with it sideways but I think it is?  I have one that was made in 1901.  Yours looks a lot like mine which is a 28k made in Scotland.  The red-eye is the American version. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2006 02:24:53 PM »

Yep, that's a handcrank. All the information I'm finding suggests it was made around about the late 1890s, which ties in with it looking like yours
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
heini
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2006 04:13:32 PM »

I have Pfaff Tipmatic 1027, which my mum gave to me. http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170055725110&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting
It's about 30 years old, a little older than me. First time I used it was in late 80's or early 90's and it's probably the bes sewing machine I've ever used. I admit, I've become a Pfaff-fan, Berninas, Husqvarnas or Singers are nothing compared to my Pfaff or other Pfaffs I've tried.

I'm sort of daydreaming of an embroidering Pfaff, it would be a nice toy for me, but it's too expencive. Singer would be cheaper, but I don't want a (new) singer. And I don't need embroidering machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AngelaA

I always wear my helmet when I knit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2006 07:22:36 AM »

So since someone asked about the Necchi sewing machines - I had to post a photo of the Necchi Nora that I have - I believe its from '59 or '60.
This Italian dream was a xmas present from my In-Laws a few years back.  At the time I didn't sew much, but over the years - it's been GREAT to have it around!!

this isn't a photo of my actual machine - but its the same one!  The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a console model - the blond wood cabinet is OK, but I am pretty tall, so I have to crush myself under the machine, and then hunch over to sew.   I need to get my sweetie to put some stilts on this thing or something!  Kiss

***The Necchi, first imported from Italy in 1947, introduced the zig-zag machine to domestic sewing. Invented in the late 19th century, zig-zag machines had previously been used only for industrial sewing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:46:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angela~

"May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out."
saralynne
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2006 09:41:51 PM »

Ooh! I wanna share too!

These are the machines I have at home. A Necchi (model #?) from my grandmother and a Kenmore serger that I bought from a friend.

And this is what I get to work on all day at work. I'm pretty sure it goes faster than my car. Smiley It just has a straight stitch, but I dont have to hold the threads when I start stitching and it can snip threads when I'm done stitching! I'm so spoiled.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:46:32 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

trashtash
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2006 02:56:26 AM »

I use/share Mamas Pfaff Hobby 301:

I guess its older than ten years, but younger than fifteen. I can remember that it was one of the less expensive Pfaffs.
Most things I do with it is changing the lenghth of jeans etc.(and Im really sick about this), so I dont have enough time for other sewing projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda1213
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2006 02:05:16 PM »

I have 3 sewing machine
2 singer featherweights and a Kenmore  The singers are 1940 and 1941 and I Love them. The attachment on the front singer  is a ruffler, use that all the time.
Yes I have sparkles in the pink paint in my ( messy) sewing room
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2006 10:51:55 PM »

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/jenangelcat/sew1.jpg[/img]

It's a Kenmore 158.1931, I have no idea how old it is.  I bought it at Value Village for $20, works great.

That's my machine!  It should be from 1980, that's when my mom got hers (at her high school graduation!)

I just got a new Babylock Ellure ESL, which embroiders and sews nicely.  I love it, but I wish I'd gotten a Pfaff or a Bernina or stuck with my old machine and gotten a serger.  Buyer's remorse!  I just got it a week or so ago... I might exchange it for a serger after the holidays, but I spent $670 and I don't need to spend that much for a serger.  sdklfglszdgfl PROBLEMATIC!

But it sews knits reaaaaally nicely and I love making tees and tops with it!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008 07:40:15 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
joybilee

Gimme all your yarn & nobody gets hurt!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2006 10:53:54 PM »

i learned to handsew as a young joy, but the machines were too fast & scared me Embarrassed  so fast forward muchos anos & i got a brother ls-2125 to learn on. (i'm moving the week after xmas, so my apt is even messier than usual between crafting & packing Shocked)

i also have a 1975 singer touch-tronic 2000 memory machine.

my mom bought this machine when she was pregnant with me, but made the mistake of showing it to my granny who ended up keeping it.  it was the machine she used till the end Cry  it was one of the early electronic machines with a whole motherboard thing that has to be replaced when it breaks.  the repairman back home refuses to work on it, so my mom gave it to me.  i was able to get it fixed up pretty well, but it was still a bit to much machine for me Tongue  that's why i got the brother.  i have the manual (somewhere....) but none of the accessories.  when i get more advanced i plan to begin using it, which should lead to hunting down the extra bits for it Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MorbidKnits
~FrEaKy KnItTeR~

Future Mortician Crafting Away!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2006 04:57:14 PM »

Oh how cool is that??
A vintage sewing machine!!

I got a new sewing machine from the ex-boyfriend unit for Christmas.
I still have my very first sewing machine, my mom got me from Wal-Mart 5 years ago.
A Brother model.

Now, I have still in the box (won't open till I get into my new place) a Singer Prelude.
WOOHOO!! More happy sewing to continue in the future!!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog at:
http://morbidknits.wordpress.com/

http://www.wists.com/Morbidknits

Personal Swaps? Heck Yeah! PM me!!
Yes, I am morbid and I like it that way. Shocked

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." - Willy Wonka
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Ant
How to Draw Bigbird from Sesame Street
How to Draw Michael Jackson
How to Draw the Nightcrawler from the X Men
How to Draw Wonder Woman
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...