A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,773
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 206017 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2006 09:14:53 AM »

I just praise and pat mine on the top when it's done a good job. And yes, I know it's just a machine but I swear the praise makes it work nicer!

I totally agree!  I had a locker freshman year of HS that would open when I swore at it and kicked it....but if I spoke lovingly to it, it worked just fine.

And with some kind words, I can coax most machines to sew most anything.  (But if it doesn't work...I can sure come up with some creative ways to swear at it  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
lilfishyinbigblu
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2006 11:53:40 AM »

this is my "brand-new" sewing machine, i got her friday, fixed her and figured out how to use her saturday and finished my first project on her sunday *today* i think im in love <3

i grew up using my mothers singer, but this is my first sewing machine of my own so im happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2006 12:15:42 PM »

Love the colors on that brother. Smiley

Here are my two babies (plus they have a sister that is a serger  Smiley )

My Singer Izek. Not pictured is the teal Game Boy that has a cartidge with the stitch patterns.

Then here is my latest, an old Kenmore that a friend game me. Still has the oriignal manual, where the original owner made several corrections to the text. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
jezebel7383
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2006 12:50:07 PM »

My Singer Izek. Not pictured is the teal Game Boy that has a cartidge with the stitch patterns.
Wait. your Game Boy has patterns on it? Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2006 01:10:48 PM »

Yep. The Izek came with a Game Boy color and a cartridge with the stitch patterns on it. Via the link cable you hook it all up. You can also make your own stitch patterns. But, since the maximum stitch width isn't more than 6.5mm it isn't the best. I really wish it had taken off more and there were more than one cartridge. Oh well. It was a neat idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2006 01:13:16 PM »

So how did they put the patterns on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2006 01:28:17 PM »

The link cable hooks up the machine and the Game Boy. You start up the Game Boy and you get a menu for patterns, buttonhole. etc. You chose your pattern then the stitch width, length and such then it transferrs that informtion to the machine. Press go on the machine and da-ta! It is like the computerized machines but leverages the existing Game Boy so the machine doesn't need a screen or anything. Without the GB on you get a bastic straight stitch.

The stitch speed slider on the machine goes from turtle to rabbit. Heehee.

I wish it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get my siblings to ship out my paternal grandmother's old Singer. I think it is a featherweight but I haven't seen it in ages. I do recal it had it's own little table and was black.

I think my aunt has my maternal grandmothers' Kenmore. I really liked the table it had, the type where the machine swings down inside. Plus it has a knee peddle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2006 01:29:29 PM »

I see.  Smiley That's a cool idea. (The Game Boy nut in me is jealous.) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neuromancer
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2006 02:22:07 PM »

I just got my first sewing machine!

It's a Husqvarna Viking 6440 (from sometime around 1975) with 8 embroidery stitch formers.  It was damaged in shipping -- boo, Ebay seller!-- and didn't work, but we got it fixed.  I'm waiting to get the manual, since it didn't come with one, and don't know what all the feet are for, but I played around with it last night after getting it home and so far I'm in love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StBarbarella
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2006 02:47:58 AM »

My aunt gave me her old Janome 535 sewing machine!

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8711/sta40514yz8.jpg

It needs a service, which I'll get done over xmas, but I'm so pleased Grin

I've never had a sewing machine before, and my mother never let me use her one so this is my first sewing machine experience! I've not done too badly. I spent yesterday evening makeing a coin purse and I didn't have too many false starts!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006 02:51:56 AM by StBarbarella » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zingy Lemon Cake Recipe
How to Make a Hot Turkey Sandwich with Teriyaki Mushrooms
How to Make Perfect Baked Eggs
How to Make Turkey Chili
How to Make The Best Turkey Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...