A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 198380 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paroper
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2006 07:38:19 AM »

My machines are on my husband's site...so here is a link to my sewing machines.  I don't know an easy way to post them here.

http://kensphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/1411738
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2006 07:50:38 AM »

My baby: aka LA Blue Girl. (YES it is from the uh... "anime" and yes it's a very long story why I call my machine that >_>) I love her to death and like many other posters I am often saying "C'mon baby, you can do it!"  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
diosaperdida
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2006 12:11:16 PM »

I gotta show mine!
I love her, even though she has only been with me since Friday.
She really needs a name.. as for now it's DC3050

Only thing is..it's so nice that I can't get my Mom away from it long anough to use it much.
And I just gave Mom my hardly used Brother, because she wanted to do fancy stitches.

Edit: I named mine "Fred". It's a girl ...but still..her name is "Fred"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006 10:12:29 PM by diosaperdida » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
MyMendingsItch
Poetry & Stitches

:Xthree-times-used-stringX:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006 10:10:20 PM »

My baby: aka LA Blue Girl. (YES it is from the uh... "anime" and yes it's a very long story why I call my machine that >_>) I love her to death and like many other posters I am often saying "C'mon baby, you can do it!"  Grin

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/swoopprime/5291fc0d.jpg[/img]

I recently got the same machine.  I love it!  I thought it was a great machine for me to learn on and so far i've been right.  I named mine Emma.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008 07:28:03 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitty Vane

toy-making elf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2006 02:51:31 AM »

Here's mine:

(Sorry about the rag-cat sitting on the machine, but this seems to be the only decent photo I have of my machine.)

It's an old Brother from the early 90's. I got it as a Christmas present when I was about 12 or so and I've have been using & abusing it ever since.
I have a love/hate relationship with my machine, some times when it's acting up and showing it's age I'd love to just defenestrate it and get a new one, but then when everything goes well I fall in love with it all over again. I do know the thing is in for some heavy duty maintenance soon, it's not been serviced since I got it (besides me adding some more oil now and then) the poor thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2006 08:22:54 AM »

I have a Singer Featherweight sewing machine.  My great-aunt bought it originally and never used it, so she gave it to my Mom, who gave it to me.  Every time I take it in for a tune-up, the repairmen try to buy it from me.  I love it to pieces, and I wouldn't part with it for anything.

Here's a close-up of the art-deco faceplate.  Not all the Featherweights had these:

This machine is 60 years old.  It left the factory in September 1946. 

Did you know you could find out the birthday of Singer sewing machines?  Call 1-800-4-SINGER, and give them the serial number, and they can tell you when it left the factory.  They will give you an exact date, but I've read that the numbers were released in groups, so I don't really pay attention to the exact date.  But I think the month and year are accurate.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006 08:24:43 AM by Katxena » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2006 08:40:24 AM »

That Featherweight is in BEAUTIFUL condition.  I can only imagine what that thing would go for if you were selling.  May I be written into your will?  Wink

Random sewing machine question:  MyMendingsItch, Nymeria, diosaperdida, I notice your machines have the reverse button near the needle.  How convienent is that?  The newer ones seem to be doing it that way, but all the older ones that I have used have it on the right side, which seems way more convienent.  It seems like having it on the left would be a hassle/cumbersome...or maybe I'm just uncoordinated.

diosaperdida, how do you like that machine?  I'm not really keen on the newer computerized machines (gimme and old metal Singer, anyday!), but that one is growing on me the more I look at it.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2006 09:43:52 AM »

That Featherweight is in BEAUTIFUL condition.  I can only imagine what that thing would go for if you were selling.  May I be written into your will?  Wink

Thanks!  It's funny that you say that -- my sewing machine is one of only 3 items with specific dispositions in my will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2006 01:10:25 PM »

Thanks!  It's funny that you say that -- my sewing machine is one of only 3 items with specific dispositions in my will.

Damn....I'm going to assume that this means I am NOT the beneficiary  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006 02:20:08 PM »

Damn....I'm going to assume that this means I am NOT the beneficiary  Cheesy

Nope, sorry.  But the person who is getting it loves as you would... that's probably not much consulation though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
How to Make Batman Cupcake Toppers
How to Make Captain America Cupcake Toppers
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...