A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochetish Knit Blanket  (Read 1071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« on: May 17, 2010 08:07:57 PM »

It's been so long since I've posted on any board! I joined Shop the Swap, and I guess it's just been sucking up all my time. Wink

Everyone who saw me knitting this thought the blanket was made with crochet. I guess because of the holes that the yarn overs created? I dont know, it looks pretty knit to me. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, which is 50% acrylic and 50% cotton. Im trying to shy away from full acrylic yarns, but I wanted this to be able to be tossed in the wash with whatever else I happen to be cleaning. The half cotton made it more pleasant to work with, I think. I used about 1.5 skeins of each color. I probably couldve made it a bit larger since I had some of each skein leftover, but I was tired of working on it so I decided I should probably just cast off. Im excited to have a blanket I made which is decently sized enough that I can use it, and I really like the colors (even though the yarn I used was just pulled from my stash).

The pattern is here, if anyone wants to give it a go. Its a very, very simple pattern that gives a pretty stylish result. I memorized it pretty quickly and worked away on the blanket while watching movies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MomijiMommy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010 10:01:18 PM »

It looks really good! I love the colors and the pattern looks like something I might want to try.  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Tsu
http://www.wists.com/MomijiMommy

Yarnies Vs. Sewists Rd2 - Almost finished!
Favorite Character Plushie/Stuffie - Got my awesome partner! Stalking, ready to craft.
Ongoing ATC August - 2 claims, 1 sent
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010 11:53:10 PM »

wow, I really like it!  The colours look awesome together, but I never would have thought to put them together.  Really pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010 06:20:28 AM »

The chevron stitch pattern is used in a lot of crocheted afghans, where it's called the ripple pattern. I think that's why people thought it was crochet. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010 08:56:57 AM »

this is pretty! i have a tendency to not pay as close attention as i should thus making all my chevron stitch blankets come out crooked. what size needles did you use? i'm tempted to try another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
SciFunk
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010 12:45:53 PM »

this is pretty! i have a tendency to not pay as close attention as i should thus making all my chevron stitch blankets come out crooked. what size needles did you use? i'm tempted to try another!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I used the needles recommended in the pattern, size 9. You should definitely try it, I loved this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sell Scrapbooks Online
How to Select the Right Album for a Scrapbook
How to Remove Rubber Cement from Scrapbook Photos
How to Insert Refill Scrapbook Pages
How to Cut Scrapbook Photos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...