A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,504
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochetish Knit Blanket  (Read 1165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« on: May 17, 2010 08:07:57 PM »

It's been so long since I've posted on any board! I joined Shop the Swap, and I guess it's just been sucking up all my time. Wink

Everyone who saw me knitting this thought the blanket was made with crochet. I guess because of the holes that the yarn overs created? I dont know, it looks pretty knit to me. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, which is 50% acrylic and 50% cotton. Im trying to shy away from full acrylic yarns, but I wanted this to be able to be tossed in the wash with whatever else I happen to be cleaning. The half cotton made it more pleasant to work with, I think. I used about 1.5 skeins of each color. I probably couldve made it a bit larger since I had some of each skein leftover, but I was tired of working on it so I decided I should probably just cast off. Im excited to have a blanket I made which is decently sized enough that I can use it, and I really like the colors (even though the yarn I used was just pulled from my stash).

The pattern is here, if anyone wants to give it a go. Its a very, very simple pattern that gives a pretty stylish result. I memorized it pretty quickly and worked away on the blanket while watching movies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MomijiMommy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010 10:01:18 PM »

It looks really good! I love the colors and the pattern looks like something I might want to try.  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Tsu
http://www.wists.com/MomijiMommy

Yarnies Vs. Sewists Rd2 - Almost finished!
Favorite Character Plushie/Stuffie - Got my awesome partner! Stalking, ready to craft.
Ongoing ATC August - 2 claims, 1 sent
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010 11:53:10 PM »

wow, I really like it!  The colours look awesome together, but I never would have thought to put them together.  Really pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010 06:20:28 AM »

The chevron stitch pattern is used in a lot of crocheted afghans, where it's called the ripple pattern. I think that's why people thought it was crochet. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010 08:56:57 AM »

this is pretty! i have a tendency to not pay as close attention as i should thus making all my chevron stitch blankets come out crooked. what size needles did you use? i'm tempted to try another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
SciFunk
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010 12:45:53 PM »

this is pretty! i have a tendency to not pay as close attention as i should thus making all my chevron stitch blankets come out crooked. what size needles did you use? i'm tempted to try another!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I used the needles recommended in the pattern, size 9. You should definitely try it, I loved this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
How to Make Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Mini Sticky Buns
How to Make Coconut, Cherry Toffee
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...