A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch Marker Swap (Sign-Ups CLOSED, Send by 07/12)  (Read 7511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 17, 2010 07:11:09 PM »

Here she be... the GALLERY !

Swap name: Stitch Marker Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Burgz
Sign-up date range: May 17th - June 4th
Date to send item by: July 12th

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
If you're like me, you never have too many stitch markers... either because you're working on tons of projects at once, you're always misplacing them, or just because stitch markers are just plain useful!

This is a group swap so everyone will be set up in a group of 6. Each participant must send 10 stitch markers (at least half of which must be crafted) to each member of the group, for a total of 50 markers. I've decided to keep this low stress, so we'll have 5 weeks of crafting time.

Packages should be small, reducing shipping costs significantly... this is your chance to send international if you want!

The goal of this swap is to have fun Cheesy To do so, good communication is essential. It would be greatly appreciated if you dropped a word once in a while to let us know you're okay and still crafting away, or to advise us if you'll be away from the computer for a while!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '______________________________________________________________')

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (via private message):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap -
Craftster username -
Email address -
Your real name -
Mailing address including the country -
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO) -
In the even that we have an uneven number of swappers, would you be willing to be part of a larger group?
A smaller group?

You will PM the organizer & partner once you've sent?
You will PM the organizer & partner when you receive?
If something happens and you cannot send, or will be sending late, you are aware that you must  PM the organizer & each of your partners as soon as possible?
Do you own/have access to a camera to post pictures of what you have received?
If not, you will ask your partners to take pictures prior to sending?
Are you familiar with the Swap Info Guide and agree to the follow its rules about participating in a swap?

Do you knit or crochet, or both?
Do you have a specific type of marker that you particularly like (ring, opening, slide on, etc)?
Is there a particular crafted (ex. shrink plastic, beaded, macram, polymer clay, etc) marker you would LOVE to receive?
What related crafts can you do?

What are your favourite colours?
Are there any colours you don't like?

Are there any allergens in your home (pets, smoke, etc.)?
Do you have allergies?

Give a brief bio so your partners can get to know you (ex. interests, themes, patterns/motifs, pet peeves, etc.)
Is there anything you would like your partners to know?
Do you have a Wists, blog, or other website that may help your partners "get" you?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '______________________________________________________________')

Yay for our...APPROVED SWAPPERS:
1 )    Burgz
2 )    holistic knitter
3 )    styupe
4 )    Michela
5 )    RazorBladeSmile
6 )    emerri
7 )    dustyfro
8 )    Slingmomma
9 )    panda
10 )  koalascout
11 )  WhiteSheep
12 )  ozarkcat

Here are your groups!

Group 1:
- Michela
- styupe
- dustyfro
- koalascout
- RazorBladeSmile
- ozarkcat

Group 2:
- holistic knitter
- emerri
- Slingmomma
- panda
- Whitesheep
- Burgz

*Since group 2 is smaller, they will be crafting 12 stitch markers for each partner instead of 10.
We've now got two even groups!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010 10:47:07 AM by Burgz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010 08:32:11 AM »

I'm in - questionnaire sent  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010 05:40:37 PM »

Very tempting... It would be cheap postage and I would likely have everything necessary on hand... And I LOVE stitch markers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwiltykate
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010 04:49:09 AM »

Hopefully I will get some feedback from other swaps before the sign ups end - I dont actually own any stitch markers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010 01:32:15 PM »

Hopefully I will get some feedback from other swaps before the sign ups end - I dont actually own any stitch markers!!

Shocked No stitch markers! I remember those days.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010 04:03:28 AM »

I don't own any stitch markers either! And i'm learning to crochet - so i've been having to use safety pins instead Cheesy

Are there any tutes or anything around? Because i've never actually seen a stitch marker before. But i'd love to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010 02:44:53 PM »

I don't own any stitch markers either! And i'm learning to crochet - so i've been having to use safety pins instead Cheesy

Are there any tutes or anything around? Because i've never actually seen a stitch marker before. But i'd love to join!

Well, stitch markers for knitting are different than ones for crochet... knitting ones can be a closed ring, but for crochet, they need to be removable. My favourite is using earring hooks (the ones with a clasp) or fun-shaped paper clips that I can just slide on. I find that safety pins tend to catch on the yarn.

A quick search on Google turns up tons of stuff, but I'll try to find a few good tutes and get back to you later with the links.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010 03:24:47 PM »

I've always avoided safety pins. Partly because it can catch or split the yarn, but mostly because I'm am klutzy and didn't want blood on my crochet   Wink Currently I use the markers that look like plastic safety pins. They aren't pretty, but they work. I look forward to nicer ones.

I haven't made stitch markers either. But I found tons of directions on the internet. I bought supplies to make both removable and not removable markers. Here are some sites I found with good directions, but there are thousands more:

http://www.crochetme.com/blogs/crochet_me/archive/2009/09/03/make-your-own-crochet-stitch-markers.aspx
http://www.wormspit.com/stitchmarkers.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010 07:42:05 PM »

Thanks! I had no idea that there were different ones for knitting and crocheting.

I only used safety pins because it was a choice of those or paperclips Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010 12:04:25 PM »

Here are a few more links I found:

This one has no tute, but lots of pretty pictures
http://knitting.va.com.au/index.php?cat=32

A picture and source for the plastic safety pins styupe mentioned
http://www.riotofdaisies.com/?p=79

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2009/03/stitch-markers/
http://crochet.craftgossip.com/stitch-and-hook-markers-make-your-own-easily/2008/01/26/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Round Trip Between FCP and Motion
How to Run a Clip in Reverse - Final Cut Pro
Simple Keying of an IPod - Shake 4
How to Create a Shatter Effect - Motion 3
How to Create Reflections - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...