A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010 03:19:48 PM »

Oh! she is sooo awesome- you got everything you wnated Linda! A fairy and a mermaid...
I had thought of making a mermaid tail like that, but had never attempted it, but it looks like it would work out perfectly!
Her eyes are really beautiful!
Great job Silverwing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010 04:59:34 PM »

I received from puamelia and oh my...she made me the most beautimus poppet and spoiled me rotten  Grin  (love the last pretty little thing..she's adorable Smiley)
Anyhoots! on to pictures!  (which...I'm not very good at...sorry.)

She's sooo pretty. She has little beads/braids and feathers in her hair. She's got boobies!! I really wanted a boobie poppet since I can't for the life of me figure out how to sew one. Oh and see the little necklace? puamelia sent a matching one for me! I was ohhh and ahhhhing. Here's a close up of her loverly face. Two sweet little birds flew up and perched on her shoulder and hand.

I think her eyes are sooo cool.
And check out the loot she sent.....

there's a bunch of really cool eyes, feathers, birdies...candy from her state (Hawaii) and Colorado where she visited on vacation...spoiled I tell ya.  Some yummies for my son and see that little necklace? yup..matches my girl.
This was such a fun swap with such a wonderful partner. It was such a pleasure chatting with you Smiley  Thank you again!  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010 05:02:16 PM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010 05:11:33 PM »

Her eyes are gorgeous!
I have never seen anything like them!
Her skin is really neat too- is it textured?
She def. reminds me of a mixture between Esmeralda and Pocahontas...
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010 05:28:04 PM »

I just love her eyes..they're really really cool up close and they look like they're made of glass. Her skin looks textured but it's more the shading of it but it's really neat looking. I've never seen material that looks like that. She's really beautiful. My picture taking doesn't do her justice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Lindag35
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010 07:08:44 PM »

She is too cute! I agree about her eyes and the fabric. I wanna try out a purple, but have been scared...maybe now I will attempt it!

And I forgot I wanted a fairy too!! Silverwing you REALLY rock!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010 09:16:55 PM »

I haven't seen the new Alice yet either and I knew right away that it was Mad Hatter!  Great job.  And I love the mermaid tail!  I am really feeling that my poppet for CkChan is just not up to par.  I might have to remake.  I really SUCK at making clothes and that is wear I think I went wrong.  Anyway, that is enough of the pity party...

Check out what I got!!  CkChan made me the most amazing poppet ever!  I am so in love with her.  Get ready to start wisting.

Isn't she the best?  Her arm and leg warmers are knit and her awesome shoes are crocheted (I think).  She even has a little star tattoo!  I started squealing when I pulled her out of the box and I showed the whole family.  Thank you so much Carmen!!  She is the absolute best poppet I could have received.  And now I have the only two poppets ever made by CkChan.  It's an honor.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mummynat
I love Bert

Wife Mum Nutter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010 01:54:51 AM »

OMG *squeal* it's starbright!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010 02:14:17 AM »

Wow I come home from work and bang! all these new poppets!

Lindag35, how lucky to have a mermaid AND a fairy! And great outfits! I'm thinking every poppet needs a tail in his/her accessory closet lol!  I just love the way SilverWing painted her eyes.

MommytheMaid- is that Rainbow Brite? Too cute, love her arm and leg warmers!!  You know, don't remake - when in doubt, spoil!  I'm sure yours is just fine.  CkChan I can't believe that's your second poppet, she's great!

SunflowerSmiles - So glad you are happy - I am still grinning about my Hatter heehee!  It's been so much fun hanging out with you!

Averyg - Her eyes were the typical plastic yellow cat eyes and they wouldn't do so I sanded most of the yellow away.  You can see where I couldn't get the last bit around the "iris", so I used yellow gold glittery nailpolish to paint lines. I added dark spots in blue/green and some in teal green, then painted over everything in a teal blue nailpolish.  I loved them so much a made one with the last two colors reversed... She's wearing one set and I sent the other as well, and a purple set that Lindag35 might like which has rust and gold flecks and blue lines.  As for the "skin" it was in a free fabric grab bag off Craigslist, so the only thing I can tell you for sure is it's probably polyester-like, has just a little stretch, is knit and brushed soft, and the pattern which is printed on the right side only looks like wrinkled creased leather or something. In the last pic you can see how little she stretched compared to my baby blanket poppet.

Here are close ups of eyes. In the last pic you can see more of the skin pattern:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010 06:19:56 AM »

Rainbowbright was def. before my time- but I could still decipher who she was...
She is so great! I love the little crochet detail around her dress and her little rainbow- is it a shrinky dink?
Anyways, I can't believe that she is only your second poppet ckchan!

And Puamelia, those eyes are seriously really, really gorgeous...
I personally have always been pretty iffy of the cat eyes when I see them, but I suppose you can't knock 'em until you have tried 'em... Wink
I will def. have to try that technique!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010 07:51:53 AM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blue_lalita
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010 06:46:49 AM »

Such great poppets! Starbright Rainbowbright (duh) is uber cute (oh nostalgia...)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010 07:22:37 AM by blue_lalita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Coping Buttons
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Massing Objects
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Sloped Flat Floor and Roof
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Using Sketchup Skippy Files
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Dependant Views in Plan
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...