A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
835 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt R4 GALLERY  (Read 7424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010 08:42:42 AM »

Everything is amazing so far.  The zombie head and stitch markers are my faves, they're too funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010 04:01:36 PM »

Image Heavy ALERT

OMY GOODNESS! Did I EVER receive! I am SO Spoilt on this--and just GOBSMACKED! 

THANK YOU Colourful Daze!!!!!
The opened box--Looky! all wrapped up! Just like a birthday or something!

Lucious WW Lavender Yarn So SOFT & then>>>Angora Bamboo yarn!

The most AWESOME pattern book Ever! All Celtic patterns & subdivided *Organized!

Golden & Lumpy pkgs wrapped

Unwrapped--O WOW! Look at my new Dishclothes! & Knitted! Love my lumpy (S)
And Golden thread from NZ this is WAY KEWL

Original Long switch to LOCAL Wrapped

Needles, BAMBOO Hook (KEWL) & a Needle gage---now I can find out what needles I have

Under 2" Wonderful Tea assortment (gone now) Needle caps, and stitch markers

the new LONG My first Prayer Shawl & Bath back Scrubbie w/ Lavender scented soap

Action shot of my shawl

a Handcrafted card---isn't it just GORGEOUS?

I love the note "CD" enclosed, I am so humbled by you skills & generosity.  The long was originally a scarf, but as she knitted along she made me my very first prayer shawl. I've made these myself for a long time & never knew how much it touches your heart, until now.
The Lumpy is the bath scrubber & soap, Senders Choice-Dishclothes GALORE! Markers & Needles & Yarn & patterns--my very own KNIT KIT. Thank you so VERY VERY much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

Living, loving and creating in the Faerie Forest!

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010 04:48:22 PM »

Ah Sherrie, I am SO happy you are happy with your goodies! As I said, it was a complete joy creating for you!
Hugs,
Colourful Daze  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

froggmomma
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010 05:11:14 PM »

Great stuff all around.

I picked up my package the other day, And the sun finally came out today, So I'll have pics up in the morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010 08:09:47 AM »

wow- we are some talented people. Craftster amazes me sometimes at how awesome we can all be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010 07:28:31 AM »

I received the BEST package ever from GamerGirl earlier this week!! Honestly, I'm so spoiled I don't know where to begin!

Here is everything, out of the package and pre-unwrapping.  I loved it.. I felt like it was my birthday. Smiley

For the category "2 inches or less," Gamergirl sent me a set of lovely handmade stitchmarkers.  They will definitely come in use as I have more WIPs than a person should have and I'm always losing and misplacing my stitchmarkers.  

For the "Sender's Choice" category, she made me this cute project bag which will be perfect for toting around my newest sock project:

Next up is the something "long," to which she refers to the yardage in a skein of Malabrigo Sock Yarn (nom nom nom)

I made Ishbel earlier this year from a skein of Malabrigo Sock and it's easily one of my favorite yarns.  The colorway is gorgeous.. I can't wait to cast something on!

For the "local" category, she sent two skeins of Lorna's Laces in a colorway that was inspired by a local field of poppies.  The colors are so rich and vibrant, it's gorgeous! (And I love the use of the "local" category!)

At this point, I was already overwhelmed with being spoiled but honestly, it gets better...

GamerGirl sent a skein of handdyed sock yarn in a colorway she's called "Lion." (She sent the inspiration photo, too, and the colors are spot on!)  The colors are gorgeous and her dyeing is awesome!

For the "lumpy" category, she sent me a skein of her very own handspun! It's 4oz of Blue Faced Leicester Wool and it's spun to be thick and thin. I can't wait to find a fun project for this!

And possibly the piece de la resistance (and for the "golden" category), a hemlock ring blanket for my son (currently slated to make his first appearance in September).  The color is off in this photo and I'm sorry.  (If you've got a better picture, GamerGirl, please share!!! I tried several different ways to capture the color and beauty of the blanket but I'm sorry to say that I think I failed flat.)  She used a superwash wool so I can easily toss it in the washing machine and the color perfectly matches one of the colors in the nursery curtains.

Honestly, the blanket is gorgeous and the Hemlock Ring Blanket has been in my Ravelry queue for ever.

This was a really, really amazing package. Thank you for the massive spoilage, GamerGirl and I hope you like my package just as much!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010 07:29:21 AM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010 07:58:41 AM »

That blanket is gorgeous and you got some awesome yarn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
clumsy_momma
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010 01:30:24 PM »

I agree! That is some amazing yarn and a gorgeous blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
froggmomma
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010 05:08:54 AM »

I have had some photo posting issuses, but they have been resolved. So on to the awesome package I've received from clumsy_momma.
First off, Lumpy. A beautiful, warmer weather scarf. It's made with several different thicknesess of yarn to make it lumpy. So beautiful, and so pink Cheesy

Local and no bigger than 2". Local wet felted soap the smells so good. I'm telling ya this stuff is seriously awesome. And some skull buttons, hmmmm what to put these on, Everytime I look at them I come up with a new project for them.

The letter L. Super soft, absolutely beautiful Llama Yarn.

img]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/160308_14Jun10_DSC00439.JPG[/img]

Long. A absolutly awesome cowl. The patten on this is so pretty.
 I thought about taking some action shots, but it was close to 90 today.

Golden. The cutest little knit sculpture (/ ami?).  Huh Perched loving atop two golden apples from the Hercules myth, are a little Golden Dart Frog (but touch she's poisionous) and a little golden snail.

And Sender's Choice. Cupcakes! Om nom nom.

Thanks clumsy_momma for a great swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
bexieboo
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010 07:37:52 AM »

Absolutely beautiful wonderful packages received this week. I'm so excited to get mine now! I have one more tiny finishing touch to add this evening, then I'm wrapping up and sending tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try a Twisted Half-Up Hairstyle for Homecoming
Try This Quick and Easy Braided Style for School
How to Create a Milkmaid Halo Plait Hairstyle
Try a Glam, Side Bun for Homecoming
Get a Faux Hawk Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...