A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt R4 GALLERY  (Read 7387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010 09:42:08 PM »

I am so glad you like everything, ducky Smiley

I have some pics, and I'll post those here.  Feel free to post others when your camera returns, if you want to.  Cheesy

I tried to use some sort of theme for for miss ducky's package, and since she said one of her favorite colors is purple, I tried to use that in at least some of my choices.

Long - braided cord (notice the purple Wink ):

Golden - tabby cat hat with golden spots.  This was inspired by an item on my partner's wist.  Smiley

Lumpy - poly clay beads in various shades of purple/white/black:

Less than 2" - stitch markers made of amethyst chips.  Also, because I am a dork, I made the little envelope for the stitch markers - I got a new book of card & envelope templates.  See the cute little locking mechanism?  (Yeah, I am a huge dork, I know).

L - leather deathnotes journal, the main protagonist is called "L".  no purple here; however, the deathnotes thing kind of trumped the purple.   Cheesy

Local - yarn from locally raised sheep, spun by a local spinner; and sender's choice - handpainted, repurposed chopsticks with purple dots and silver squiggles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2010 06:09:48 AM »

Sherrie B., the pattern for the lace headband is here: http://persnicketyknitter.blogspot.com/2006/06/free-arrowhead-lace-headband-pattern.html  I made it from cotton yarn, although the pattern calls for wool.  I thought cotton would be better for summer.  It was a quick knit, I finished it in a couple of evenings, and I am NOT used to knitting lace at all (I think this was my 3rd lace project).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2010 07:54:54 AM »

Spotnik- Your talents also never fail to amaze! I love my leather book you made me too. This one is equally awesome! The cat hat is also a hoot..lol. And we love your dorkness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2010 12:41:27 PM »

I can't imagine the patience it took to make such a long braid!
Nice work on everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justaddcats
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2010 01:08:47 PM »

Sherrie B., the pattern for the lace headband is here: http://persnicketyknitter.blogspot.com/2006/06/free-arrowhead-lace-headband-pattern.html  I made it from cotton yarn, although the pattern calls for wool.  I thought cotton would be better for summer.  It was a quick knit, I finished it in a couple of evenings, and I am NOT used to knitting lace at all (I think this was my 3rd lace project).

Sherrie B beat me to it! I was going to ask for the pattern! Thanks for sharing it.
I wore it to brunch with my knitting group today and got many compliments!

And yes, as we walked around the 90+ degree market all afternoon, cotton was an excellent choice for summer  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010 06:15:08 AM »

so I'm inspired to attempt this this weekend. I will dig out some needles from the boxes of moving boxes & some yarn & learn a new knitting pattern.

other notes: just venting:
My rental house was trashed by previous renters & so after spending 3 WEEKs packing we were told we aren't moving. so I signed on for a Short sale where I can have a craft room. this may take up to 3 months, but since I have 90% packed. May as well open *ONE* box of yarns/needles/hooks & keep my hands busy. Right?
I love that kitty hat. Becha my 4yo GD would wear that come winter...hmmmm there's a thought, maybe I have just the right yarn over in that box....
I can always make more washclothes--that cotton yarn in that tote there....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
kayrun
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2010 07:13:00 AM »

oh, no, SherrieB!
What a letdown....
by all means, unpack whatever yarn you need to make you happy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bexieboo
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2010 11:48:21 AM »

Pictures of the fantastic package I received from Disco Queen Highness a few days ago....

Something beginning with L... lovely blue yarn made of merino, silk and bamboo. I can't wait to make myself something really lush with it Smiley

Something golden.... gold yarn!

Something lumpy...a bag in lovely patterned fabric.

I don't know if I'm just being especially stupid today, but as one strap is longer than the other, is there a specific use for it? Or is it just so you can hang it on your shoulder and get into it easier?

Something local... PEANUT BUTTER CUP HOT CHOCOLATE! Never in my wildest dreams could I have thought such a wonderful thing existed! I had some as soon as I finished unwrapping everything!

Sender's choice.....a needle book in Russian Doll fabric that folds up into a cute puffy shape.... I <3 Russian dolls, and I've been needing a needlebook forever, thank you!

Something less than 2".... a needle gauge pendant. I love the colour you chose for me!

And the best thing ever....
Something long....a gorgeous reversible apron with Russian doll fabric!

I can't believe you had the patience to sew on all that rick-rack! It fits perfectly, and the skirt goes all around, which is perfect cuz I'm a messy cook!

Thank you so much Disco Queen Highness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2010 11:55:50 AM »

what a nice package!!
I think the bag is a Japanese knot bag, like this:
http://blog.craftzine.com/knotbag.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2010 12:17:00 PM »

I received my lovely package from justaddcats yesterday!

something golden: fancy wristwarmers and extra yarn to play with

letter L: a couple of books to teach myself how to do magic Loop knitting!  I'm so excited for this, I've really been wanting to try some socks.

something local: YARRRRRN!  yummy!  This is so going to be socks for ME.

something less than 2": awesome stitch markers - leaves and penguins!!! 
something long: a covered - and beautifully embroidered - tape measure (just like what I made her!)
extras: a lovely beaded bookmark and some wool wash.  Oh, there was also some chocolate, just didn't make it into the picture.  Wink

senders choice: a beautiful project bag inspired by my wists.  I LOVE this tree!!!  And a small zippered pouch to go with it.  I have the same bird fabric at home, waiting to be a pinafore for my little munchkin.
Oh!  The LONG circular needle belongs with the magic loop part of the package.  She thought of everything!

And speaking of my munchkin, justaddcats did not leave her out!
something lumpy: a stuffed meerkat for my daughter made from thrifted sweaters.  The munchkin just LOVES this thing!  She named her Merry Meerkat and is currently taking a nap with her.  In this picture, Merry is posing with Coco, a friend we received from one of the stuffie swaps.

Thanks for being such an awesome swap partner, justaddcats!  This was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Riko Yuusaki
How to Draw Rex Salazar
How to Draw Rayquaza
How to Draw Professor Fransworth
How to Draw Poof
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...