A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birds Birds Birds r2 Gallery!  (Read 20971 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mouser882
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010 11:10:27 AM »

Ooh, I love that pincushion jar and the swallow necklace is so pretty. Nice package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady_sepulchre
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010 10:31:21 PM »

I cannot for the life of me get good pictures, so if you have better ones PirateColey, feel free to post them!

I got an amazing package, AND she send some items for my daughter!

this is eggbert. he is my favorite, i think, although its hard to tell because i love everything. My weenie dog also loves eggbert, but he ran when i got the camera. they snuggle. Eggbert makes a fantastic pillow, AND hes the most adorable plushie ever!

here is the pile of stuff minus the really awesome owl tissue paper stuff was wrapped in. there is a really cool bookmark, an apron which was something i wanted really bad, a cute candle, the print in the middle is to die for and is perfect for my tastes, a little birdie candle, the owl embroidered wall hanging with deliciously creepy eyes which i have failed to capture in the picture, and other extras.

this is the stuff that was sent for Shirley, my daughter. She loves all of it, especially the necklace and the journal, although the mirror with the beautiful S on the back is amazing too.

and a better picture of the apron. I have already been wearing it, even to make microwave dinners and ramen noodles. hehe. I am in love with it! thanks Nicole, I hope my package is as perfect for you as this one was for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Saviors and Saints and Devils and Heathens alike..She'll eat you alive.~*
http://www.wists.com/lady_sepulchre
MAF R6 Swap-working on #3
Psych Swap-delayed
My Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladysepulchre
Personal swap hiatus due to health issues.
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010 02:39:45 AM »

Awesome package.  Yes, Eggbert is quite a handsome fellow isn't he?  I want to see a photo of the embroidery, please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010 05:32:18 AM »

ooh, I love that apron, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010 07:59:16 AM »

Here are a couple close-ups. Excuse the graininess... my idiot cat pulled my camera off my desk... it took grainy pictures for a day, then died completely. lol.

The embroidery wall hanging thingy was actually a thrift store find. I don't have a close-up picture... but it appears to have been a piece of owl fabric that someone sewed around the owls, stuffed them, then added orange safety eyes. It's total cheese and more then a little creepy. lol.

It was fun to make a mini-package for Lady's daughter. I don't have kids, so I always find it fun to craft for other peoples.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010 09:35:36 AM »

i went away for the weekend and came back to find an explosion of goodies in the gallery!  wow!  so many great crafts!  i'm impressed, ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
raennn
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010 10:44:55 AM »

Wow, I love the apron and the bookmark! And pretty much everything else so far, lol. Last night I had another extra fall out of the bubble mailer Crafty used- a lovely little bird pin. What a neat surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010 10:48:57 AM »

Awww! Eggbert is very cute! I like the bookmark, too. I've only ever seen bookmarks like that here on craftster. Where does everyone get them? Or how does one make them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010 11:23:42 AM »

Awww! Eggbert is very cute! I like the bookmark, too. I've only ever seen bookmarks like that here on craftster. Where does everyone get them? Or how does one make them?

You can buy the main stem of the bookmarks at most craft stores. I get mine at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry section. You can also order them online. They come plain or super-fancy and in different sizes. Then you add stuff to them just like your would make jewelry. They're fun to make and fun to use... be careful if you have cats though- mine LOVE to steal my fun dangley bookmarks. Smiley

And thanks for the compliments, everyone. This was a fun swap to craft for. The bird fabric on the apron started out as a god-awful oversize place mat I found at a thrift store. I knew I had to liberate the fabric and do something fun with it.

On a side note- my husband refers to Eggbert as "The Furbie" because of the shape. As in: "Did your partner like The Furbie?" lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady_sepulchre
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010 12:37:50 PM »

hehe i LOVE the furbie. its the best ever. and I may have erroneously referred to the owl thingy as embroidery. Its not really embroidered, its just on an embroidery hoop and my brain translated that into embroidery. I will try to get a closeup of it later. I am having some camera issues though. I forgot to put the owl bracelet in there because I was wearing it! haha, I swear if my head wasnt attatched I would lose it.

I may be sending yours on the send date PirateColey, as I still have not found a clear answer on the legality issue on the one thing, and there is something I want to put in the package that I cannot get until friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Saviors and Saints and Devils and Heathens alike..She'll eat you alive.~*
http://www.wists.com/lady_sepulchre
MAF R6 Swap-working on #3
Psych Swap-delayed
My Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladysepulchre
Personal swap hiatus due to health issues.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera and Lighting Set Up
Adjusting the Contours of an Image
Adding Luminosity to an Image
Adding Subtle Colors to a Black and White Image in Lightroom
How to Backup Your Photos on Location
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...