A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How about Simplicity 4998  (Read 15142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2006 12:33:09 AM »

I've never altered a pattern before...well I tried, but to no avail. I ended up making it way too big and just wrongly situated. I hope this one will be easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
autopilotstar
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2006 12:55:14 PM »

Well, I didn't end up having to alter it... so hopefully you won't either!

Other than the little problem I had attaching the midriff piece, it was a pretty easy pattern.  I'm almost done, I just have to put the zipper in and do the hem. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chickey
Alaskan blend: cold-pressed, almost undrinkable.

Like, y'know, whatever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2006 10:20:10 PM »

I'm late to the party here, but I'm totally buying this pattern -- I have the most delicious beautiful pink embroidered fabric to use for this.  If all goes well (must...sew...muslin!), it will be PERFECT for a summer wedding....of which I have no less than FOUR to attend.

Thanks to everyone who posted previously in this thread -- I'm inspired!   Cheesy

EDIT 7/28/06: Okay, I bought the Simplicity 4581 instead, and made a mockup of it in old sheet material (picture removed).  I also had to gather part of the skirt to attach it to the midriff piece, and I will avoid that in the final version by taking in the skirt on the front, and letting it out a bit on the back.  I think.   Wink  It may be more work than I'll be ready for, and I might just gather it gently around the whole front midriff.  Aaaggghhhhhh.  Who knows.

EDIT 8/31/06: OMGGGGG I FINALLY FINISHED IT!  I actually finished it two Saturdays ago, but here it is!!!  I am so pleased with how it turned out!  It was pretty easy once I figured out how to modify the top and midriff pieces to fit me on top, and attach to the skirt at the same time!   Not such an easy task when you're a 12 on top and an 18 on bottom!  Wink  But this is the final product -- I ended up doing it in (very soft!) pink polyester with red embroidered flowers, and Bemberg rayon lining -- I lined it fully instead of just the bodice piece, as the pink poly is see-through!   Wink  (And yes, I'm slouching so the dress makes me look, eerrrmmm, a little bit thick around the middle.  Note to self: stand up straight in pictures!!)

And if you can see it -- my added personal touch was that I used leftover fabric to make my boyfriend a pocket square for his suit!   Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006 07:08:19 PM by Chickey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not left-handed either." - The Princess Bride
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Friendly Winter Coats Review
Topshop 2014 Winter Lookbook
10 Ways to Style Your Midi Skirt
DIY: Make a Slogan T-Shirt
Gwen Stefani Makes the Denim Vest Work for Winter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...