A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Summer Solstice/Litha Round 20 (Signups 5-16-10 to 5-23-10, SO 6-14-10)  (Read 19041 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spazgirl1981
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2010 06:19:46 PM »

I'm in too!!! I love the idea of a healing swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2010 06:52:54 PM »

Cool, I'll start the sign up page in a little bit once I get my glass of wine in hand Smiley
Since there will be sharing of a mass list of addresses involved, I'm going to limit it to our little "community", in other words, people who have been involved in WWP swaps only, or have been involved in our forum conversations at some point. (Those who intend to join in next round, etc.)

I agree Wulf, I like card swaps where everyone sends to everyone. Keeping in mind that you don't have to necessarily individualize each card, but you most certainly can if you want.

Some "Healing" ideas for cards could be:

-Spells, Chants, Prayers, meditative thoughts, quotes to ponder
-Just a friendly note or letter of encouragement, personal or general
-A "comfort food" recipe!!!
-A packet of lavender
-Seeds for a window garden
-a packet of bath salt for a anti-stress bath
-powdered incense/sage leaves for smudging space of negativity
-small stones having to do with calming, healing, (aventurine for money worries) etc. They sell itty bitty ones at some metaphysical stores for a dime.
-pressed flowers to remind us to stop and smell the flowers and enjoy the little things life brings us...
-Share your favorite type of tea bag, there are many companies that make an anti-stress type.
-Pretty pictures or drawings of calming places or things...
-bookmarks to encourage us to take time out and read! (I'm guilty of this one, I have 3 new untouched books!)
- a little charm or pendant infused with good vibes Smiley
- a shell or a stone from a threatened beach/forest/lake etc. with a request to channel in some good healing energy to help preserve it.

These are just some things that came to mind but I'm sure we can think up more.

I'll be back after I unwind from my day at work (vanilla bubble bath!) and get a very full glass of chardonnay. Lol!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2010 07:06:31 PM »

This will keep us going until the next "package" swap! Lovely!  Smiley

Please post the signup page link on this thread, Saturn! (I have to say, I am happy to send a few cards, but anything over about 8 is going to be a bit much. Maybe we do mini groups to send if anyone is in my boat? Like bursts of 6-8 in case we have that many?)

I got on a crafty roll tonight- 3/3 done! I'll be ready to send soon once I get a few extras done!  Hope to send by Friday! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2010 07:23:02 PM »

ooooo, a healing card swap sounds amazing! I like it. It would definitely be nice to send so many positive vibes out into the world at once. And Ffrogg it doesn't have to be a chant or prayer, you could write some poetry or a simple one sentence that has meaning to you can work to. Saturn's list is also helpful too since it most certainly doesn't have to be a chant/prayer or any word form at all  Wink . You are only limited by your own creativity!!

DaniQuee, I looked at the blog. Thanks for sharing!! I will definitely be taking part in this and spreading the word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2010 08:05:54 PM »

I'm all about a healing swap! Thank you so much Saturn, can't wait until sign ups are up. Smiley

RippledWater, I'm glad you'll be joining in! It'll be a good thing for the oceans, but I also think it'll be good for all of us participating too in terms of helping and release as well as a chance to come together in a unique way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2010 08:13:00 PM »

that swap sounds so great, especially with that list (I could use all of those! ahah)
But like HG said, I can't send to a lot of people... money and energy wise >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2010 08:53:56 PM »

It's up!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350169.0

I'm thinking that the short sign up date and my limiting it to WWP affiliated people will keep it on the small side.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010 08:58:21 PM by Saturn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2010 12:02:23 PM »

We must all be crafting away!   Smiley  I had to hunt for the thread.  Anywho...

I don't usually ask for the healing vibes.  I try to be pretty self-sufficent.  But on the way to work this morning, last day of school (of course) I got rear-ended and the guy hit me and pushed me into another teacher's car in front of me who got pushed into another car in front of her.  So all told, 4 cars involved.  My car, the other teacher's car, and the first are all alright...  just a little dinged up.  The car that hit me had to be towed.  It was totalled.  The teacher that I work with that I hit has back problems and she left as soon as school was over to get her back checked out.  I'm just a little stiff and sore.  But some healing vibes would be good if y'all don't mind.   Undecided Huh  Thanks everyone!

On a crafty note...  DanniQuee and I are going to meet up to swap!  I'm going right by her town on my way to Atlanta so we decided that would be super cool!  I'm going to bust out some serious crafty therapy this weekend!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 12:03:38 PM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2010 01:02:28 PM »

Oh Ffrogg, that sucks!!! I hope you and the other teachers have a better day, and any injuries are healed quickly and bumpers get fixed up! And let's hope for that guy's sake (and anyone else on the road for that matter) that he learns from this and pays better attention to the road and the cars in front of him!  Angry

I saw a really close call on the way to work today that made my heart jump. Out of nowhere this black SUV cut across 5 (yes 5!) lanes of interstate traffic to get to an exit. He nearly hit a white SUV on the way there...This waning moon is making me edgy.

I think we all need to go on a retreat in the mountains or something, lol. A cool night with a bonfire and a glass of wine with lots of venting out of frustrations and then as the wine flows...laughing Smiley

I'm a little bummed today too. I got a call about the art center job that I went to three separate interviews for. They decided on another candidate. But the board member who really liked me has a husband who is a professor at a local college and he might be able to give me a job at the school. I have an interview at 2 tomorrow. One door closed and another opened I guess.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2010 02:59:47 PM »

Ffrogg526 sending you lots of healing vibes..and for the other people...and bumpers..that sucks..and scary too. But how awesome that you get to meet up with DanniQue, she is a fabulous person.

Saturn, that is a bummer too, but hopefully the new opportunity will be better than the initial one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Care for Leather and Suede
Chris Brown Adds A Shirt With Him And Rihanna To Clothing Line
Victoria Beckham Vs Nicole Richie: Who Wore Balenciaga Sweater Best?
Hot Hair Trends For This Holiday Season
How to Choose White Clothing for Winter
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...