A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,475
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jeans for my GF (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 27540 times)
Tags for this thread: jeans , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010 07:03:45 AM »

WOW! Already 8 replys! Thanks all of you guys alot for all the encouraging words! They really make me happy as hell and I really appreciate all of them posts.

My GF is already talking about her next pair after she got the "confirmation" (reading this thread) that my jeans got approved  Wink

agreed to make her the next pair totally after her wishes and ideas. I only had one condition for her.. The pair after that is totally my design Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
likeiceiscold
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010 08:39:58 AM »

Ohmigod these are sooo amazing! Shocked  Do you know how much people would pay to have custom jeans like these?  Or how many hours I have personally spent fretting trying on jeans that don't fit my body?  I hate buying jeans because it is such a torturous process.  How did you learn to do this?  I can only imagine what it would be like if I could sew my own pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010 08:49:04 AM »

Omigosh these jeans rock! All the awesome custom details and design and they fit her so well. What a very lucky girl. I wish I could make my own or knew someone that could. I hate Jean shopping I can never find any that fit well and I live in jeans. Really great job!!! Hitting this rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010 09:39:45 AM »

These jeans are amazing! What a lucky lady to have custom jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stylinmommy
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010 09:45:12 AM »

Wow, I am speechless.  They are amazing beyond words!!!  How long did the whole process take you to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manlyman
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010 10:07:06 AM »

First off these are seriously freaking awesome.

Secondly I need you to take down this post before me fiancee sees it and locks me in the basement with my sewing machine until I produce her a custom pair  Grin

In all seriousness making custom jeans has been on my to do list (only I was going to start with making me a pair first). Any advice on what the most difficult parts were and/or tips or tricks you are willing to share would be very welcome to me and I am sure the rest of the community.

Once again great job! Can't wait to see the next pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am learning to sew and figure skate, I've never felt more manly in my life!
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010 10:38:41 AM »

These are great. You did amazing details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010 10:59:29 AM »

Wow, those jeans are very impressive! So you are skilled and you have a strong sewing machine to sew that kind of fabric. Cheesy

Most definitely very classy and they look sooo expensive. Wouldn't dare to look at the price in store...  Wink

Well done!! Keep going!

(forgot to mention, hitting this rocks!!)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010 11:00:05 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
embercostumer
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010 11:25:46 AM »

Those are really impressive! I love all those details that really make it unique and special. All that topstitching would drive me bonkers! Kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010 11:37:37 AM »

Again, thank you all guys for your encouraging words, they really make me feel warm inside Smiley

I'll try to answer some questions for you..

How I did learn how to make them is basically trial and error (this is my first pair), twice as much denim as necessary, getting used to the feeling of bleeding fingertips Smiley I also have to admit, while it is probably fully possible to make them on a normal household machine I geared up with some pretty nasty industrial machines. I live in China for the moment and the price for industrial machines is redicilous compared to the same machines in sweden. So a kickass straight lockstitch machine and a behemoth sized serger really make the process a lot easier and more fun.

For how long totally it took me to make these is hard to say. A normal day I could work approx. 1 hour on them then I had to wait for my GF to come home to try them before I could proceed. Then some business trips has been in the way. But a qualified guess would be (if I work continuosly on them) approx. 10-12 hours.

After all struggle with these jeans, always looking forward to the day I could post them here, I would fight to the end to not remove this post Smiley Nah.. seriously thanks for the kind words Smiley As for some tips and tricks when doing jeans another Craftster have a thread regarding this and I have posted some replys there. Here is the link.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345420.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Long Stitch
How to Stitch an Eyelet
How to Make Hand Embroidery Patterns
How to Make a Blackwork Cross Stitch
How to Make Papier Mache Art
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...