A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Victorian Newspaper Print Wall Paper?  (Read 1837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kyda
« on: May 14, 2010 02:36:23 PM »

I have a roll of this  Grin GORGEOUS Grin Victorian Newspaper Print Wallpaper. But I don't know what to do with it. I can't put it up on walls because I want to take it with me when I move out. And I only have a roll. I was thinking corset, because I adore corsets, but I don't think I could A.) wash it, and B.) I'm messy and clumsy.  Huh Any ideas? Huh

I think any picture of the wallpaper are in my...Gallery? I'm not too sure, this is, I do believe, my first post here so bear with me here. Lol. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*fruit cake*
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010 12:46:26 AM »

get a large sheet of mdf/chipboard and paper the board and screw it to the wall instead of papering the wall you can take that with you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tarheellassie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010 02:17:22 PM »

You could get an old piece of furniture and decoupage it with the wallpaper! I heard of someone doing this with pages from old hymn books, so why not with wallpaper? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010 08:49:26 PM »

I like "fruitcake"'s idea - I'd make padded panels using large cardboard rectangles
and quilt batting. Use hot glue to hold the edges down. If you're a keener & like the
upholstered look, use a measuring tape to mark where to poke holes thru and use string to thread & hold in place shank-style buttons. Your panel can be held on the wall with
peel & stick velcro, foam 2-sided tape, or sticky tack poster putty

The idea about using it for upholstery is very interesting. It made me think that if I
had some left over after doing the above project, It'd be neat to cover a hat box
or maybe use "mactac" on the back for strength & sew it into a throw pillow. I gotta
go try that & see if it works! I don't think it would be comfy enough to snuggle with, though. Remember the wallpaper that a velvet/fuzz? That'd be interesting to see.

cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
Amber Rose

Crafting is my happy time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011 06:51:50 AM »

i not sure about your wall paper... but if you wanted, you could get the pattern on the paper printed on some fabric Tongue and make from that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigoaquarius
2nd hand & Scrap fabrics rock!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011 06:33:35 PM »

Ohh this sounds awesome! I would get one of those room divider screens and replace the gawdy looking "fabric" in them with the wall paper or do the wall paper on one side and fabric on the other.

I like the wall decoration idea as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Once upon a time a girl named Indigo played with her Gran's sewing machine... the rest is fabric hoarding, sewing addicting history!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sarah Jessica Parker Debuts Shoe Collection
FIRST LOOK: Calvin Klein Collection - NYFW Spring 2014
Katie Holmes Shows Collection at NYFW
Top 3 NFL Looks For Women
Style Sound Off: The Brits Go Head-To-Head
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...