A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster Swap Gallery  (Read 9991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010 05:39:27 AM »

I love the Jekyll and Hyde artwork.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010 01:28:29 PM »

You know i'm sad that this swap has come to an end so quickly.  I actually should have recieved this parcel on monday from avacadoeldorado but I as at work so today was the re-delivery day I had asked for but I was at work again luckily my husband was in so he took the package in for me so it was waiting for me when I got home. 
People are you ready to feel utterly jealous.

These cute little sock monsters are actually pin badges so I can wear them out.  How awesome is that.  My fave one is definetly the little blue one with the cape and his tongue sticking out. I've named him jeremy, the squid is called Ethel and the little vampire frog dude is called Barry.

I'm a reddwarf fan, I always have been, although I never mentioned this to my swap partner so she definetly did some detective work and sussed me out pretty well.

This bag is ace!!  I know my mates at work are going to be monster green with envy Cheesy

Then finally when I saw this I actually squealed like a girl...I know I am a girl but I dont do the girl squealy thing very often.

ITS A CACTUAR!!!

Again i'm a HUGE HUGE HUUUUUUGE final fantasy fan, more detective work from avacadoeldorado.  I truely didnt expect this at all.
I've been making him run away from things all evening making him make that little hgh pitched beedalebee noise as he scuttles around away from the cats. He's big and i've called him Tetley.

Thankyou Avacadoeldorado, you're a fantastic swapper and i'm really really happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists
My facebook music fan page

I'm always up for a swap
Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010 02:52:30 PM »

I love the bag! (We're huge Red Dwarf fans as well.) and I love the little cactus monster. Well done! I'm lovin' this gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
achgfd
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010 09:38:21 PM »

aw I love the little monster guys! And that cactuar is the most awesomest!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avocadoeldorado

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010 11:51:01 PM »

I'm so glad you liked it all, I've had an excellent first time crafting so thank you very much.  I'm sorry that the bag was sent a little crumpled, it had already come to harm while I was ironing it with a heavy bottomed saucepan(! as I don't have an iron) and I thought it best to leave the poor thing alone.

I was planning on sending you a Tonberry instead of the cactuar, but I have a shop bought one in my front room and I was afraid that he'd make his way into my room at night and DONK! me on the head for replacing him.  I also tried to make you a shy guy necklace from fimo, but I somehow made him look like that painting of the scream only in red.  I've learned that polymer clay is probably not for somebody as clumsy and badly-sighted as myself. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010 12:53:14 PM »

Everything so far's been great.  I think my absolute favorite is the notebook.  Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010 01:22:26 PM »

Oh, such cute monsters! *love*

Here are my fabulous goodies from the lovely and talented Whistley
Group shot

The wallet is lined with frog fabric, little man says "Look mom, he ate a bunch of frogs. Either that or he has a frog in his throat, hardee har har!" Funny kid.

Inside the monster sketch book, there's a pocket and everything! This is for my little guy to draw his monsters in, he was super excited about this. Now he has a place to keep them all together he says Cheesy.

This is a hand carved stamp of a monster I made for my little guy named "gobblemouth" (his mouth is a pocket). It looks just like him too!

Action shot! Glow in the dark eyes and everything. We don't leave the house without this thing and it's been added to the slew of night time creatures in the bed too. He's running out of room for himself!

There was an even better pic, the first one I took, of him smiling like a loonie but I picked this one 'cause his little sis is in the background Wink.

Thanks Whistley, we totally love everything! Hope your parcel gets to you soon and you like it all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011 07:07:22 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010 01:34:28 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad you liked everything. Cheesy I'm also super glad you recognized the monster on the stamp. (I'm fairly new at stampcarving.) AND you have the cutest kiddos! We can't wait to get your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010 03:35:28 PM »

craftylittlemonkey, you just made my day!!!  Grin My daughter drew that just for you. She'll be so happy to hear that you posted it! She was very involved in the decision making and crafting of your package. She was so excited to see the action shots with your kids. It was really cute.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avocadoeldorado

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010 12:55:07 PM »

That little monster's face is SOSO cute.  I want to hug him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Philippa Gregory on Future Books
Actress Melissa Gilbert Talks About Prairie Tale
Author George Taber Talks About His Personal Life
New Book by Kathy Reichs: 206 Bones
Author Ellen Hopkins Gets Real About Tricks
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...