A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap: Rodent Revolution 2 - CLOSED, Extended Send by 07/07/2010  (Read 14445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010 10:59:13 AM »

I loved watching over the first round of this swap! I wish my mouse and my boyfriends guinea pig where still around, i'd be all in for this.. Sad
& He was going to get me a new guinea pig for our anniversary but I couldn't aford to take care of any lil babies at the moment.. hopefully there will be another round in the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010 06:36:22 PM »

I loved watching over the first round of this swap! I wish my mouse and my boyfriends guinea pig where still around, i'd be all in for this.. Sad
& He was going to get me a new guinea pig for our anniversary but I couldn't aford to take care of any lil babies at the moment.. hopefully there will be another round in the future!

You can still join up!  Your partner could make you some pet related presents just for you.  You don't have to own a pet to sign-up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010 04:27:01 AM »

Yay!!  I was hoping one of these would come again soon as I just got two rats on Sunday!!  I haven't had rats for a long time and finally my husband gave in and let me get two!!  I will be signing up for sure!

yay for hubby giving in!!!! LOL and.... BTW are you swap stalking me?!?!?!?! hahahahahahaha

-GH xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010 08:25:27 AM »

To the lucky person who gets GH: she makes amazing bunny stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010 07:47:59 PM »

How did your pets find you?

For me, I live in an apartment and I wanted a pet. Dogs and cats were not allowed. I did much research and discovered that gerbils were perfect. Plus my co-worker at the time was a gerbil breeder and gave me two for free!  This was a few years ago. I love gerbils so much. I started with two and now I have eight.

Tell me your story.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010 01:37:47 AM »

I just sent in my signup.

We have 3 cats and are new to small animals.

We bought mrs.hamster earlier this year, and this month we just purchased 2 degus, sheldon and wolowitz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
JessySihk
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010 02:18:32 AM »

Lol my mother saw some packages i received from personal swaps and the Givers/Needers swap recently, then she watched me as i went through the craft swap list of ongoing swaps and she saw this one!
She has 3 ferrets =S, 1 was mine before i moved out, she got me one for my birthday when i still lived there and the 3rd she saw in a pet store by itself, she said "it looked lonely" and bought it!.
So she made me sign up for this swap for her.
I am most likely doing all the crafting too <.< she will just get all the goodies and i get to do all the work for no goodies.
But dont worry =] my swap partner will get some good stuff.
i do not currently own any rodents, i dont have a job so i couldnt pay to feed an animal right now.
I had some snakes for a while, but it was getting hard to feed them too with no cash flow =S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010 08:27:05 AM »

Oh no, how did I miss this swap??!!

I'm already involved in two other swaps plus organizing one.. but this is so tempting...

My rattie boys would love to get their own swap package Cheesy And I'm in the middle of building them a brand new cage.. so it would be perfect timing for some redecorating!

Their new cage in progress-

Noah and Willow

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010 12:45:46 PM »

heres mrs.hamster

heres wolowitz and sheldon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
QuietChampion
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010 04:06:03 PM »

Wildfyre, your darling ratties are SO cute! Also, I love your cage. Very roomy, very spacious!
Also, what's with all these enormous, shaggy hamsters? I've never seen these breeds before! They're cute!

... looks like pictures won't be posted from me, until the first week of june. Camera got dunked in the laundry. I'm going to wait 'til my next paycheque to pick up a new one. S'alright, it was time for an upgrade, anyway!

My boys came to me sloooowly. My family have always owned a couple of rats at a time, but they were always the responsibility of my father, or my little sister. That being said, I work in a health food store for animals, and critters are very much the biggest part of my life. When I moved in with my SO and his family three years ago, I discovered (much to my horror) that they were decidedly NOT pet-people.
Anyway, I have... anxiety problems. It's an awkward subject. I was home alone for most of the day, and I was really lonely. A year went by. My anxiety issues got much worse.
Long story short, when I hit rock-freakin'-bottom, I told my SO that I needed something to love. I meant a cat, but the family wasn't inclined to let that happen. They allowed me a small animal. "Something in a cage, like a hamster. Just one," they said, but I snuck two rats into the basement the next day, knowing what clever, social beasts they were. I thought they would make for better companion animals than a single hamster. James T. Kirk (Jim, for short) and his brother Splinter (my SO named them!) are still fantastic company, to this day.
Then came the enormous cage. Since I work at a pet-store, I spend my spare time flipping through the crazy catalogues. At this point, my rats were the only thing keeping me "together", so the moon was pretty much the limit. Only the best for my babies, eh?
My boss's eyes almost fell out of her head when I pulled that enormous thing off the truck, and promptly bought it. It literally weighs 100lbs, no exaggeration.

A while later, I was clicking around on kijiji when I saw an article listing free baby rats. It was an emergency listing. Apparently momma had died, and the pinkies were too much responsibility for the young lady looking after them.
Rufus and Danger, the last survivors of that tiny litter, came home with me that night. I hand-reared them, and discovered that even brothers can have drastically different appearances. Apparently the double-rex gene usually makes hairless rats, but sometimes you get a crimpy-coated sweetheart (Rufus, my shy boy) and sometimes you get a half bald, half-stubble wild-child (my crazy baby, Danger) who, if you didn't know any better, you'd swear had mange.
He's not handsome, but he makes up for it with personality.

... now that I live with my sister, I look after her boys, too. And, of course, I'm rat-aunt to the neighbour's boy, as well. It's a big ratty family!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Duct Tape Christmas Stocking
How to Make a Duct Tape Christmas Tree Ornament
How to Make a Duct Tape Holiday Wallet
How to Make a Duct Tape Holiday Ornament
How to Crochet a Circle
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...