A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
811 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Charm Swap Mail by 6/18 FULL; Signups Closed!  (Read 40264 times)
Tags for this thread: charm , charm_bracelet , steampunk , jewelry  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: June 22, 2010 08:50:34 PM »

It cost me 80 cents to add DC to mine... I think its supposed to be the same no matter where in the US you are. Very strange!

same here.  I sent those CD sized boxes, and each one was only 80 cents for DC.  so yes, that is weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

« Reply #611 on: June 22, 2010 09:36:08 PM »

i am so in love with with all my charms so far. they rock!! thanks so much ladies you are amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
sweetyetevil
« Reply #612 on: June 23, 2010 04:06:17 AM »

New pics up in the gallery! CLiCK ME

I sent today. While I was out of town I hurt my back so my cousin volunteered to send my packages for me at her job. She said that they wanted to charge $4.75 per package to get a DCN so she didn't get it (even though I gave her my card *grumble*) Sad So I don't have any DCN's to post.

I have no idea why whenever I try to put a DCN on a envelope sized package they want to charge me a ridiculous amount. This is the third time, I usually just go ahead and pay it but it seems like everyone else got to pay the $2ish bucks that GMS estimated. Maybe it's where I live?
Seraphina it sounds like they may have thought you wanted a signature tracking number as those are quite pricey...I just get a lil stack of the bright green and white DC tickets and fill one out before going to the post office and it is 80 cents for each package. You might want to peruse usps website as all sorts of things are posted there regarding sending packages and charges of things.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yardenxanthe
« Reply #613 on: June 23, 2010 07:11:10 AM »

New pics up in the gallery! CLiCK ME

I sent today. While I was out of town I hurt my back so my cousin volunteered to send my packages for me at her job. She said that they wanted to charge $4.75 per package to get a DCN so she didn't get it (even though I gave her my card *grumble*) Sad So I don't have any DCN's to post.

I have no idea why whenever I try to put a DCN on a envelope sized package they want to charge me a ridiculous amount. This is the third time, I usually just go ahead and pay it but it seems like everyone else got to pay the $2ish bucks that GMS estimated. Maybe it's where I live?

If you are sending an envelope and the envelope isn't thick enough (3/4") or rigid, you have to pay for priority mail (that's the $4.75) to get delivery confirmation. Dumb, isn't it? So if you're swapping something small, make sure you make the package good & thick or put it in a small box or put a rigid cardboard insert into it.

I also got hassled at my PO, but my bubble envelopes were *just* 3/4 inches, so I had to kind of bug my mail lady to send them through as is. She's sent me home before, though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010 07:11:52 AM by yardenxanthe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 23, 2010 08:52:55 AM »

sweetyetevil- i thought that might be the case, but when I went to the PO last time I picked up the green DC labels, filled them out stuck them on and everything.

yardenxanthe- I think the post around here is just finicky about sending regular letter envelopes with a DCN, cuz I made sure to bulk them up pretty well. They were thicker than darkangelwingz envelopes to me (I did mine the exact same way she did hers hoping that they would go through with no problem) and my cousin brings back the news. I think they're just trying to be difficult really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #615 on: June 23, 2010 01:22:43 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I received from cindibee today, but the post office wasn't very gentle with it.  Cry  the good news is that there were 2 charms, so I still have one full, awesome charm.  Grin  check it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #616 on: June 23, 2010 01:31:32 PM »

I am LOVING all these tiny little works of art. Every single one is so creative.

I'm kind of sad I've received all of my packages....but happy to have them at the same time.

I do have a personal swap charm coming from cindibee....can't wait!

I'd definitely be up for a 2nd round of this swap...or any steampunk swap. I'm hooked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #617 on: June 23, 2010 01:59:07 PM »

I got an awesome double sided charm from goatgoddess today! No pics yet, I'm trying to get good ones but the sun keeps going away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
yardenxanthe
« Reply #618 on: June 23, 2010 02:10:47 PM »

I got cindibee's package - awesome, she included 2 charms and a packet of extras. Pictures coming soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #619 on: June 23, 2010 05:05:50 PM »

Oh no:( Yesterday one of my charms broke a little already and by the end of the day it had fallen off my bracalete and was lost forever.. Oh well.

Got some more beautiful charms! Will post later tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Start a Nature Journal
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Gerbera Daisies from Afloral & How To Use Them
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...