A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Charm Swap Mail by 6/18 FULL; Signups Closed!  (Read 41355 times)
Tags for this thread: charm , charm_bracelet , steampunk , jewelry  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2010 11:17:12 AM »

I fear I am procrastinating because I don't know where to begin (and my crafting area is a wreck)...it is so bad I spent the morning cleaning out my sock drawer...ok, not full morning.

Alright, psyching myself up...ready to unearth my crafting table and then find my resin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2010 11:54:57 PM »

Krafty_Karusu and Darkangelwingz - cool. I think I just had delusions of what I might receive.

I was a little concerned too, so I ordered 2.  I've been wanting this stuff for so long anyway, that I'm ok with having lots of tiny parts left (I'm sure I won't be able to use every single tiny part in this swap. Wink)  come on Tuesday!!!

I know this feeling. The 1st time i ordered some online, they came and I really realized just how small all the watch guts are. Insanity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
goodmorningstarshine
Your face, your race, the way that you talk, I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk

Addicted to craft stores...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2010 06:32:15 AM »

Got even more pieces today! But still not enough gears.. :/Shit.
Well I starting wiring bits and peices together.. Gotta go to the little shop down my street to see if they have the diamond glaze yet! They should.

& just to double check, diamond glaze is used as a resin, corrrreect?

Not quite.  It can be used in thin layers to give a sort of resin-like coating to images, but you cannot really fill things with it as far as I know.  (Like filling bottle caps with resin.)

I use it to fill bottle caps all the time. It works great as long as you paint on a layer very thinly first so the ink on your image doesn't run. I have a ton of diamond glazed bottle caps on my fridge (once I wanted to completely cover it with them.) I like it because I don't have to mix anything, just pour it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
And all the fat-skinny people, and all the tall-short people
And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2010 09:45:18 AM »

I keep praying that my order will be a little early.  then I can get to work on it first thing tomorrow morning.  Grin  maybe it'll be here this afternoon and I can sift through the parts and see what's what.  I had to go to J-Town today (about a 30 - 45 minute drive), so I stopped at Jo-Ann and picked up some neat odds and ends that are steampunky.  I also bought a few other things because everything I wanted for this swap and things I can use for other crafts were all on sale.  Grin  I saved almost $28!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: June 07, 2010 05:36:22 PM »

Went to post office to send out and they told me my envelopes were too small Angry and sent me packing...gotta redo all of the envelopes and try again tomorrow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2010 05:45:35 PM »

Working on my final charm, which is to say, I am just adding my jumpring/loop to it on the top so it can actually hang. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #376 on: June 07, 2010 07:28:06 PM »

I found a glue that seems to work on my test subjects... so hopefully tomorrow is gluing day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2010 09:03:41 PM »

Finally got the money to order some gears!  Only a half ounce.. but I assume that will be enough to at least fix up some charms for at least this swap:) & Hopefully they'll get here soon! I'm excited and ready to start glueing what I gave now, but I don't want to regret it later when my package gets here and a charm could've looked a lot better with something else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: June 08, 2010 07:35:02 AM »

Well I starting wiring bits and peices together.. Gotta go to the little shop down my street to see if they have the diamond glaze yet! They should.

Not quite.  It can be used in thin layers to give a sort of resin-like coating to images, but you cannot really fill things with it as far as I know.  (Like filling bottle caps with resin.)

I use it to fill bottle caps all the time. It works great as long as you paint on a layer very thinly first so the ink on your image doesn't run. I have a ton of diamond glazed bottle caps on my fridge (once I wanted to completely cover it with them.) I like it because I don't have to mix anything, just pour it in.

I also use DG all the time- it mimics the look of mosiacs, too!  A nice clear finish.  One thing I finally splurged on is DG3 Art Gel by Judikins.  It ROCKS!  It is DG but thicker- you don't have to do as many layers, and it dries clear as well.  It is also a great bonding agent for metal, so I am using it for the swap. 

I was a little sidetracked by some things and couldn't get started this weekend, but not I am holed up in my craft room determined to get these finished by friday so I can send out!!  Getting so excited to see everyones work.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2010 09:07:10 AM »

I also use DG all the time- it mimics the look of mosiacs, too!  A nice clear finish.  One thing I finally splurged on is DG3 Art Gel by Judikins.  It ROCKS!  It is DG but thicker- you don't have to do as many layers, and it dries clear as well.  It is also a great bonding agent for metal, so I am using it for the swap. 

I was a little sidetracked by some things and couldn't get started this weekend, but not I am holed up in my craft room determined to get these finished by friday so I can send out!!  Getting so excited to see everyones work.  Smiley

Damn. Resin is so expensive.. I'll have to figure something out though.
Thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to Sharing Your Digital Photos Online
How to Buy a Digital SLR
Exposure, Shutter Speeds and Aperture
Information About ISO and Light Settings
How to Select a Digital Camera for Beginners
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...