Swap name: Steampunk Charm Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: goodmorningstarshin
Sign-up date range: May 15-31
Date to send item by: June 18
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 28 (up to 4 groups of 7)
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap: STEAMPUNK CHARM SWAP
Each member of this swap will make 7 charms in the steampunk style and mail 6 of them on to her 6 partners. This should be a quick and easy swap with little stress.
What is steampunk style? Wikipedia describes steampunk art as items that “employ appropriate materials (such as polished brass, iron, and wood) with design elements and craftsmanship consistent with the Victorian era.” So gears, old keys, locks, pieces of clockwork…basically whatever looks technologically appropriate for Britain under the reign of good Queen Bess.
1. Each charm should be no larger than 1 inch squared.
2. Each charm should have a jump ring attached.
3. Swappers can make their charms all the same for all 6 partners (sweat shop style) or all different or any combination of same and different.
4. Swappers can feel free to make a personal arrangement with their partners to swap more than 1 charm, but this is optional and not required for the swap.
5. Swappers can request charms to match their vision for their finished piece, but this is no guarantee they will receive charms that fit their theme. (For example, a swapper could say: I plan to make a charm necklace with copper findings in the theme of “celestial steampunk” with moons and stars and gears. Partners could choose to work with this theme or not.)
6. Each charm should be mailed securely to make sure that it will not be damaged. Wrap it in bubble wrap, tape up the envelope securely and write “non machinable” on the envelope.
7. Delivery confirmation is required for this swap. Ye Olde Craftster Mods say ‘anything that canst have delivery confirmation, shallst have delivery confirmation.’ The fact that our envelopes will have something lumpy in them makes them delivery confirmationable.
8. Because I just completed my business math class, I will now do a little calculation for your enjoyment.
Let us assume we all ship in large envelopes weighing 3 ounces including our charms.Cost for shipping = (price of shipping + non-machinable charge + Delivery Confirmation) * 6
Cost for shipping = (1.22 + .20 + .70) * 6
Cost for shipping = (2.12) * 6
Cost for shipping = 12.72
This is of course only a rough estimate of shipping to 6 partners from US to US, but you get the idea. Make sure you have fundage!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What is your favorite color?
Which color findings do you prefer (gold, copper, silver, bronze, gunmetal, etc)?
Do you have any particular vision/material preferences you would like your partners to know about?
Anything else we need to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
PARTNERS!!! Feedback ReceivedThe Coopered Lushingtons
7. Habitat ladyThe Nibbed Mobsmen
7. MontyThe Glocky Blue Bottles
4. Lady Lovecraft
7. RalphThe Knapped Dollymoppers
1. goodmorningstarshin e