Are you getting ready for the kick-off of the summer season by throwing a Memorial Day party? Why not add an extra special touch (and have the kids help out) by making these flag placemats! They are perfect for your picnic table. The best part is you can reuse them for Fourth of July!
Find out more detail here:http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT84
Here is how to make them:
Quick Dry Craft Glue
1 12 x 18 White EZ Felt Sheet
1 12 x 18 Red EZ Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Royal Blue Stick-It Felt Sheet
1 Pack of Stick-It Felt Stars
Flag Template (available here:http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/flagtemplate.pdf
1) Using your flag template and your ruler, cut out the following pieces from your felt sheets:
Royal Blue Stick-It Felt:
7.5" x 6" Square
Red EZ Felt:
8 Stripes that measure 7/8" x 18"
You will use 7 on your flag, We recommend creating
8 so you can use one as a space while placing your
stripes on your flag.
2) Using your felt glue, glue the top and bottom most stripes onto your flag.
3) Place your spacer strip underneath the top stripe. Place the next stripe underneath the spacer. Glue in place.
4) Remove spacer and repeat Step 3 working from the bottom stripe up.
5) Continue alternating top and bottom stripes working into the middle.
6) Once all seven stripes have been added, let glue set for a minute.
7) While your glue is drying, add your stars to the royal blue rectangle.
Peel off adhesive-backing from rectangle and place in upper left hand corner of flag.