A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello kitty / Fairy birthday?  (Read 3937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vinlymetal
« on: May 08, 2005 08:47:06 AM »

Ok this is my first post so i really don't know if I'm doing this right or not but my good friends birthday is comming up and  she really loves Hello kitty and Fairies especially from Amy Brown. I Know that i really want to do something really special for her but I'm struggling on what to make her. I would get her some prints of Amy Browns work but I know that  most of my friends will do that for her.. I'm just wondering if any one has any ideas for me ..please Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005 06:44:44 PM »

Are you the one throwing the actual party?  You could make placemates out of prints of Hello Kitty or Amy Brown's Fairy's.  I know that the Hello Kitty website also has projects online that you could somehow work into your party.  Get a cheap plastic tablecloth in a base color that works for you and fairy it up with glitter paint or glue.  You could make some kind of centerpiece out of any kind of large Hello Kity object, or you could dress up barbies in the gothic fairy theme.  Or let your cake be your centerpiece.  There's a Hello Kitty cake on the site somewhere, you could google that, and there is also a cake I know you can make that requires a barbie and you make the cake as a skirt. I'm pretty sure I saw the kit at Wally Worlds, or try to google barbie cake.  You could dress that up as a fairy.  As far as the presents, I know there are fake falls (for those colored strands of hair that Amy Brown's fairies often has) and wings on here as well.  You could also give her makeup and glitter body spray or pens.  If you wanted to go a step further everyone could either dress up as Amy Brownish fairies or wear all pink with cat ears!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinlymetal
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005 03:36:55 AM »

oh my gosh your so smart thank you so very very much for the ideas!! Smiley your so creative!  i will definitely use them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005 01:02:18 PM »

I just checked out the Amy Brown stuff-- very pretty!  I'd never seen it before!  But either way, I love fairies, and fairy-themed parties even more!  One of the things that screams "fairy" is tulle, actually.  Tulle is a great decorating item.  No matter what colors you choose, because I noticed some of the fairies are themed darkly, and black tulle is awesome, but so is pink.  I don't know what time you'll be having the party, but if it's at night, using tiny little Christmas lights in whatever color you choose is also perfect.  If you hang those up and then use whatever color of tulle over them, it looks great!  Tulle also looks pretty over a tablecloth to dress it up.  Jeez, I sound like the spokeswoman for some tulle company!  Smiley  I don't think I saw a mention of the age group we're talking about, not that it matters.  I'm just curious.  If you were going to make place cards, names in a nice script over a light outline of wings would be really pretty.  If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005 01:18:01 PM »

I dont know who Amy Brown is....but you could make her some awesome birthday fairy wings http://www.livejournal.com/community/goodbyescissors/51737.html#cutid1 like those...I've always wanted to make those...soo pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
vinlymetal
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005 05:26:46 PM »

wow littleone1098 thouse are amazing wings i really want to try to make thouse for her!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005 07:42:41 PM »

wow littleone1098 thouse are amazing wings i really want to try to make thouse for her!!!
I love them....definitely post pics if you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
tiamaria
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005 02:05:35 PM »

you can buy hello kitty cakes in surpermarket. Im not sure if they still make them but i had 1 last year
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinlymetal
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005 03:39:16 PM »

oh thats a great idea but where do they sell them at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vood
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005 04:49:34 PM »

A hello-kitty face cake is super easy to make yourself, if you have the ptience. I made one for my birthday one year.

And theres a post on here somewhere of a hello kitty bow made out of felt that was attached to a bobby pin. That could make a cute favor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SNTV - Take Me Home Tonight
Our 2011 Oscars Winner Picks
Unknown Premiere
John Turturro on Acting Out an Orgasm
John Turturro on Playing Jesus Quintana in The Big Lebowski
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...