A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,064
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cotton and nylon dish scrubber  (Read 1682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mienna
« on: May 06, 2010 07:30:25 PM »

I made this tonight while watching CSI and I'm pretty happy with the out come. It's 3" finished and quite scratchy! Any suggestions or stories would be much appreciated, I've never used these before or made them, so any hints/tips would be great.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

prunes28
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010 07:47:33 PM »

These are great for dishes when made with Phantex and great body scrubber with cotton.
They take no time at all too make and everybody keeps asking for them Smiley
What i like about them is that they are handmade Wink, they are "green", dont scratch your pots and pans and dont make your water all yukki from the traditional "s.o.s." steel wool.
Great job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sum1smuma
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010 05:43:46 AM »

I have never seen these!
I have inherited the regular square dishcloths from my mom. Unfortunately my aunt no longer makes these. I love them though and the fact that the are so durable and can are great for wiping up messes. I will have to find some of these as I too hate sos pads but my hub aka Splishy(he loves doing dishes) loves them. I really love that cotton ones can be used as body scrubbers! You craftsers Rock!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
srob127
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010 08:33:44 AM »

I use nylon net to make these. Just cut the nylon net into 2 inch strips and tie the strips together, and crochet. I use one in the kitchen and one in the shower (they are great to remove soap scum).
Next, I am going to make one out of cotton and use for a body scrubber.

Some kitchen towels and a couple of the scratchy ones would make a nice gift or add a couple of the cotton ones to a spa gift basket.

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010 09:07:02 PM »

What i like about them is that they are handmade Wink, they are "green", dont scratch your pots and pans and dont make your water all yukki from the traditional "s.o.s." steel wool.
Great job  Grin
Me too! My fiance used this one today and said it was good.
I will have to find some of these as I too hate sos pads but my hub aka Splishy(he loves doing dishes) loves them. I really love that cotton ones can be used as body scrubbers! You craftsers Rock!!!
Mine does too, thankfully. I HATE doing dishes, lol.
I use nylon net to make these. Just cut the nylon net into 2 inch strips and tie the strips together, and crochet. I use one in the kitchen and one in the shower (they are great to remove soap scum).
Sarah
I used 1inch Nylon netting (1ish inch, I cut it myself so they're not exact. Wink and 1 strand of Sugar and Cream cotton. He said it needed a lot of soap until it got good and wet and then it worked like a dream.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamratoo
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010 11:12:43 PM »

I have never seen these!
I have inherited the regular square dishcloths from my mom. Unfortunately my aunt no longer makes these. I love them though and the fact that the are so durable and can are great for wiping up messes. I will have to find some of these as I too hate sos pads but my hub aka Splishy(he loves doing dishes) loves them. I really love that cotton ones can be used as body scrubbers! You craftsers Rock!!!
I also make the square dish / face cloths and love them. I made a scrubby version for my kitchen by using cotton to make a regular washcloth, then another of a slightly smaller size out of nylon thread. I then used single crochet along the edges to attach the 2 layers together and make a border at the same time. So I have a soft side for wiping and the nylon side for scrubbing. I love it for cleaning my stove top.
I like the idea of these pad size scrubbies. I will have to try that!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettythecrafter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010 08:50:01 AM »

I have made some about 1 1/2" in diameter with cotton yarn to use as makeup remover.  I was always getting the fuzz from the makeup remover pads, didn't like tissues, nor tp.  These are working great.  I also made larger ones to use in the shower as a wash cloth.  They help foliate, yet are not too scratchy.  I have also made these with net and use on my pots and pans. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
How to Twist Natural Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...