A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,909
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kanzashi Accessory Explosion ( Pic explody)  (Read 4274 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TastyMagic
« on: May 06, 2010 06:32:33 PM »

Good Evening everyone! I finally got some pics uploaded so here are a few of my latest creations. I have officially caught the kanzashi flower bug.

This one is a little ring. It's a 1 inch flower which equals tiny! The small ones are harder to make, but I think they're so cute!

This one has a pin on the back. It's a little bigger, more like 2 inches because it's made out of upholstery weight fabric which doesn't fold as easily

I don't know why the pic on this one look overexposed.. it's really a true blue color with a lighter blue and purple flower pattern. Two layers of kanzashi goodness on a pin

This baby is my favorite to wear. I know it's hard to tell from the pic but the squiggly pattern on the fabric has a slight metallic sheen to it. Plus, teal is one of my fav. colors. I pretty much wear it pinned to me somewhere every day.

Another brooch. This guy is BIG almost 3.5 inches across, I've tried a few different ways of filling the centers of these things, but I always go back to the stacked button.

I made this guy for a friend of my mom's. It's a brooch about 2 inches in diameter. Kind of a burgundy with dots pattern. The center on this guy is floral stamen which are basically little paper sticks with a blob on each end and when you bunch them together, they look like the middle of a flower.

This is a bobby pin with a different kind of floral stamen center. I think this one looks more like a real flower than some of these other ones.

Another bobby pin this time in orange. And back to the stacked button center.  Smiley

This is the first kanzashi I ever folded. It's kind of a Barney purple. I used some purple twill not expecting it to turn out, but I ended up liking it! It's kind of cartoony. Like if you put your nose up to it, it will squirt you with water.

My sister is getting married this summer, so I folded up some hair things for her to choose from. She doesn't want to wear a veil, but she wants something 'veil-ish' so I think she'll like these. They're Dupioni silk with Swarovski crystal centers.

This next guy is a double layered one, too. This was the first flower I added leaves to. It reminds me of a magnolia flower. It's on a hair comb.

This one is a yellow and orange combo. It has seven petals. I don't love the odd number of petals, though, now I pretty much stick to even numbers, It's more symmetrical that way

Another brooch from the upholstery weight material. The thicker fabric gives the petals a stronger shape.

And that's all for now! Sorry if I 'sploded your computer with my pics. I'm just really happy with how these turned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end the crafts you take are equal to the crafts you make

Visit my etsy shop! blossomandblooms.etsy.com
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010 06:46:31 PM »

These are beautiful!!! How do you do it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010 09:17:04 PM »

i like the seed beads in the centre...makes a change from the usual buttons and looks so pretty Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nykole6412

i wish i was on southpark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010 09:56:55 PM »

i LOVE these! awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TastyMagic
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010 08:01:38 AM »

Thank You!!!

Tsunami Kanzashi is kind of like origami but with fabric. First, I cut out a bunch of squares from whatever material I want to use. Then I fold it into the petal shape, sew a bunch of petals together to form the flower and then stick whatever accessory I want to make onto the back. I've made earrings, brooches, hairthings, rings, hair elastics, even a lampshade!. These flowers can pretty much go on anything.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 08:02:14 AM by TastyMagic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end the crafts you take are equal to the crafts you make

Visit my etsy shop! blossomandblooms.etsy.com
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010 01:21:59 PM »

Thank You!!!

Tsunami Kanzashi is kind of like origami but with fabric. First, I cut out a bunch of squares from whatever material I want to use. Then I fold it into the petal shape, sew a bunch of petals together to form the flower and then stick whatever accessory I want to make onto the back. I've made earrings, brooches, hairthings, rings, hair elastics, even a lampshade!. These flowers can pretty much go on anything.

Thank you! I'd love to try that sometime with some fabric scraps I have after a sewing project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010 04:22:45 PM »

Your kanzashi is just beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
muddy21
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010 09:44:46 PM »

They're lovely!  I especially like the variety of petal shapes you've put together.  Thanks for sharing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010 07:59:38 AM »

The wedding ones are beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
StringingFool
Everything goes better with beads.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010 11:25:51 AM »

My first post.
Coming out of lurk mode to say that this is my next craft to learn. Beautiful and classy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Vector from the Despicable Me Movie
How to a Draw a Minion from the Despicable Me Movie
How to Draw Boa Hancock
How to Find Your Niche as an Artist
The Basic Important Tools for an Artist
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...