A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simple paintings from a non-painter  (Read 1736 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tickertape
« on: May 06, 2010 09:13:46 AM »

Disclaimer: I am not artist!  I just had some ideas of things I'd like hanging on my wall and played around a bit.  This is the first I've painted! Smiley  I couldn't draw if my life depended on it, but I'm pretty pleased with what came out of it.

I wanted to do this for months and finally went ahead and bought supplies.  I'm so glad I did!  It doesn't look great in my current apartment (yuck, pale yellow walls), but I'm moving in a few months and am dreaming of this hanging against crisp white walls.

[im]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4578053473_9e112ea6f4.jpg[/img]
And then this one Err, I'm not so in love with it.  In my defense, it photographed pretty badly.  Here it looks kind of messy and dirty, and the bottom just looks gross!  In person I think it's nice but my husband is out of town now, so I'm waiting for him to come home to give a second opinion

I made these today!  I'm thinking of making another confetti-type square

All are acrylics on white canvas.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010 10:36:58 AM by tickertape » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My lifestyle, food, fashion, and craft blog - http://inthewabe.wordpress.com/
Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/people/tickertape
lyddieonwed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010 09:35:27 AM »

These are nice! I really like the flame one. Don't worry about not being an artist before- if you create something that you love then no worries, eh? Plus, instead of spending the money on something similar at the store you made it all on your own. I think they turned out great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought." ~Albert Szent-Gyorgi
ecuadoriana
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010 09:48:34 AM »

Oh wow! When I saw the thumbnail I thought "What a sweet quilt!" Then I saw that you painted it! Awesome!

If you sew, or want to try a hand at a simple wall quilt, it would be so cute to make a quilt replica to hang next to your painting!

You inspired me to copy your pattern. I like greens, so I am going to make a little hanging quilt of green blocks inspired by you!

Very very nice, lyddieonwed!!!  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

PS: I'm not sure but it may be against the Crafster rules to ever start a post about your work with the words "I am not artist!"!!! Naughty girl! One hundred lashes with a wet paintbrush!!! LOL! If you are posting something that you lovingly made here on Craftster, then you are an artist of the highest caliber! XOXOX!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cre8ivegenes
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010 10:11:35 AM »

These are GREAT! and yes you are a ARTIST!!! A very good one. Being a artist just means you are able to overcome fear and FREE to explore and experiment with what you see and feel around you! It always cracks me up when when I tell people I'm a designer and they respond with WOW I can not even draw a straight line or a stick figure? Really . . . who needs strait lines and stick figures I love them as long as they live outside of the box!

Both your paintings are wonderful. love the colors. they make me happy! the blue one is a little more precise, exact and neatly arranged the second is more outside the box, free and a happy flowing mess in a very good organized way!

They are all great . . . keep playing, experimenting and having fun!

WELCOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlickTracy
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010 10:59:31 AM »

Incredibly Talented !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amalgam
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010 11:13:35 AM »

I love all your paintings! Plus, I second ecuadoriana's idea of making a quilt of the first painting so they can hang next to each other. Cheesy I'm definitely bookmarking this for future crafting inspiration. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty-Kat
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010 01:48:41 PM »

you are an artist... I saw your paint covered hand!!!  Grin
I agree, they all look great but my fav' has to be the flame one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keeping my self sane with crafty distractions
I absolutely LOVE swaps

My Wists:
http://wists.com/crafty-kat/

My deviantART:
http://hunter-creations.deviantart.com/gallery/
eveneve
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010 09:40:54 PM »

I like the squares it looks like a print from afar
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmbiguousArtist
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010 10:42:08 AM »

These are very cool... anybody can be an artist, just creating a piece makes you an artist in my mind. I think you've done a wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010 08:33:03 AM »

The flower ones look great and I really like the blue one also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair: Mohawk Hairstyle, Foxy Rihanna Mohawk
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Hair Highlighting Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...