A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first hand bound journals! EDIT I made more! LOTTA PICS  (Read 5266 times)
Tags for this thread: journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010 11:56:10 AM »

Oh these came out so nice.  I also used that tute recently.  It's a very good one for journal making.  I always have so many scraps left over of fabric, I don't think I'll ever do journals any other way! 
thanks! Yes that tut is awesome! Especially for a beginner like me Smiley the project is one of the many vie been doing to destash! I have so many small bits and pieces of fabric I must clear out because they are tKing over lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
AmbiguousArtist
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010 10:43:18 AM »

These are lovely, you've done a wonderful job. I'm really inspired to make some journals of my own now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010 03:43:04 PM »

Thank you Smiley I've made a few more I'll have to post them soon. They didn't turn out as well but they aren't bad my measurements were off a bit. But I wanna have a bunch made and stockpiled for small gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
Leelou
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010 07:38:11 AM »

Those look really lovely! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010 10:02:39 AM »

Thank u!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitch and stones
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010 01:22:32 AM »

These are gorgeous and now you've inspired me to give a go at this- yay new skills!

Question- When I was looking at the tute, I just noticed the paper type. Isn't this just regular computer paper? If not, are these supplies expensive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010 07:57:23 AM »

Wow, makes me wish I was into journaling. I might make one anyway. I like the 1st one you made & the heart one - nice job. Thanks for the tutorial link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010 09:10:47 AM »

These are gorgeous and now you've inspired me to give a go at this- yay new skills!

Question- When I was looking at the tute, I just noticed the paper type. Isn't this just regular computer paper? If not, are these supplies expensive?

Thank u! Yes I just used computer printer paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010 09:11:41 AM »

Wow, makes me wish I was into journaling. I might make one anyway. I like the 1st one you made & the heart one - nice job. Thanks for the tutorial link.
thanks! And you're welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010 11:02:08 AM »

Here are four more that I made Smiley

I cut the paper wrong for the inside cover on this one so the birdies are sideways, whoops!

This one I ran out of cardboard for the covers so I used some scrap corrugated cardboard, it almost has a padded feel to it, it's a bit bulkier than the others, I'm not sure that I like the corrugated cardboard, almost a bit flimsy too.

And this one there was some permanent marker writing on the cardboard that you could see through the fabric that I didn't notice until I had already put the fabric on so to remedy that I applied a second layer of fabric.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010 11:03:22 AM by lindsycarranza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Christmas Sweater Book Trailer by Glenn Beck
Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue
Stephen King Explains His Vision for Duma Key
Author Emily Yellin Explains the Inspiration for Her Book
Funny Video on the Time Jumpers by James Valentine
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...