A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hmm, how to recreate this anthropologie chair-hammock thing..?  (Read 1596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crazypantsjones
« on: May 05, 2010 09:43:29 AM »

I am wholly and completely in love with the knotted melati chair from anthropologie, but of course, don't have the $498+ $150 s/h that it would cost. 

I'vbe been mulling over in my head how to make one like it, and while the knotwork looks simple enough for me, I am a little concerned about the material the macrame is covering.  Hubby thinks it's likely wood, but I fear it might be metal.  Wood or plastic I could deal with (provided it's strong enough to hold someone up) but I really have no idea how to get started with metal work.  Thoughts/suggestions?

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?subCategoryId=&id=960073&catId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE1&pushId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE1&popId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE&sortProperties=&navCount=15&navAction=jump&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=049&colorName=BLUE MOTIF&isSubcategory=&isProduct=true&isBigImage=true&templateType=templateC

If I can't figure the knotted chair out, I think I'll "settle" for making my own version of the Tranquil Paradise hammock:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?subCategoryId=&id=960082&catId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE1&pushId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE1&popId=HOME-SUMMERHOUSE&sortProperties=&navCount=175&navAction=middle&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=089&colorName=ORANGE MOTIF&isSubcategory=&isProduct=true&isBigImage=true&templateType=templateC
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How is it that Firefly gets cancelled after one measly season, but Tim and Eric Awesome Show has had five ?!?
itslina
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010 12:01:26 PM »

Ugh, I literally just saw that chair on anthro's website and typed it in on craftster in hopes someone else has made something similar, haha. Did you ever figure out what the macrame is over? I seriously need this chair in my life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crazypantsjones
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010 12:10:58 PM »

It says it's made out of polyester, which confuses me to no end.  I assume it must be a thick type of boning, like for tight laced corsets?  I really don't know. 

But yes.  I need that chair!! NEED NEED NEED it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How is it that Firefly gets cancelled after one measly season, but Tim and Eric Awesome Show has had five ?!?
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010 10:05:51 PM »

When I saw the chair  the first thing I thought was hoola hoops.
And then I stumbled on the lady gaga hoops topic : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346393.0 you should check it out, there are great ideas over there.

AND Please let us know if you succeed. I should not have looked at the chair because now I want one too. And even if I could afford it they don't sell it in europe. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Match with Your Prom Date – Without Looking Cheesy
How to Look Edgy Cool at Prom
How to Find Your Perfect Prom Shoes
DIY: Perfect Pair of Cut-Off Shorts!
The Best Front Row Fashion at Paris Haute Couture Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...