I originally joined Craftster because of my rather new, but ever growing interest for sewing. I discovered fast that this forum contained a lot of other discussions and yesterday I got caught in a thread that discuss bare breast in art. This lead to that I dug up some old photos from my school project. I am not in a position now to make jewelry except from chainmaille pieces, they don't make so much noise when creating them
. So this will probably be my first and last post in this category for awhile. I dont know if this project should be labeled mature but I go for safety first.. also.. it is not wearable as a bra so I guess it its a piece of jewellry
(EDIT) moved to this topic from "jewellry", suits much better here! Thnx Jungrrl (/EDIT)
This is the front side of the bra. The cups is forged out of .925 sterling silver, the spikes and hooks/clips is made out of titanium. This view shows the "wrinkles" in the metalpiece that connects the cups.
This is the side view, I can say it was my own little private hell to line up the spikes in a symmetrical, but still natural way. The bra is put on by first hanging it on the shoulders then, kind of fiddeling the boobs in place. It is almost impossible for the wearer to do it themselfs. So this top is not suited for longer periods of wearing, it is more targeted for photosessions.
Back view showing the lining. It is a normal bra, cut down and sewn to serve as insulation. They contain approx. 5mm (1/5 inch) thick foam. This was also quite tricky to fit. I had absolutely no sewing skills at that time but eventually it fitted behind the silver edges/pockets without wrinkling.
This is a closeup of the spikes. They are a little brighter in reality, the colour is anodized to a brown-green biological kind of colour. They are lathed to coneshape, then drilled and threaded inside. As the rest of the bra was made of titanium and silver I didn't want to mix "unholy" metals with it. After a lot of pain I found a titanium specialist that had a small (but very varying) surplus stock of titanium screws. They were leftovers from a order for an Ericsson communication sattelite. The spikes is attached with M1.6, M2,5 & M3 screws from the inside of the cups. The piece that connects the cups is held in place my two titaniumrodr plus 6x M1,6 screws. The upper hooks is attached with 4x M1,6 screws each, and the lower hooks with 3x M1,6 screws each.
You can also see the "knuckles/bumps" in the silvercup. These was added to give the top a more organic look. But after tapping the secont bump out, I really started to regret the idea of an "organic" looking bra. But when all 30 bumps was finished I really felt relieved and I was happy that I didn't have bargained at this "organic" look. to change your image viewing settings please click here
This is my model that helped me during this period. Oh my, what that girl had to suffer
First I convinced her to put on a fetish/latex dress that I had purchased. Then I totally wrapped her upper torso in plaster casts (hence the latex suit, it is not nice to get the delicate hair of your complete upper body glued in plaster). When the plaster had hardened I should cut it of her. I had no idea that plaster cast would be so hard cutting in so it ended up with me, trying to "saw" the cast of her. She kind of reminded me of frankenstein when she took of the latex suit. After that the cast was put together again and smeared in vaseline. Then I used it to make the glassfiber model that I used for the manufacturing process. She dropped some weight during this 6 month period so, as you can see at the cups and the shoulders there are a slight gap. Unfortunately, this top dont adapt to changes in the body so well
But I am forever grateful for this patient girl. Without her support, ideas, critisism and last but not least her patience this project would never have been possible. I didn't have a digital camera at this time, so this is a normal photo scanned in a really sucky scanner. But atleast it shows the top in place.
(EDIT) After friendly moderation i withdraw all mature tagging except the last image