A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spiked silver & titanium bra, MATURE, 5 pics  (Read 16951 times)
Tags for this thread: bra , metal , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bajmie
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010 04:56:10 AM »

Quite a project, i love this silver spiky bra.
Wouldn't wear it though  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.kloske.nl: my love for bags
http://www.creaBH.nl: the joy of making your own lingerie
http://creabh.blogspot.com: my blog
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010 03:42:15 AM »

I love this as much as I when I saw it the first time. After reading all the work that went into it I really respect everything you did to achieve this. I've been wanting to get a metal top for some time...but first I need to "fix" a few things and get a handle on my health. Too bad I can't find a similar top with spikes Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morgenstern
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010 11:04:37 AM »

I am utterly in love! I'm going into a Metals program in a year and while it's primarily focused on jewelry/goldsmithing (I already have chainmaille and regular jewelery skills) this would be an amazing pursuit for the silversmithing sections. (of course, I'd have to build one over bra support so I erm, actually had something big enough to work with! lol) I am so bookmarking this for reference, your work on this is just lovely and very well done! (and I totally know what you mean, getting halfway through and thinking "good lord what did I get myself into??" but being pleased with the final piece) You know, if only the cups were metal and it was attached to a bra, leather harness or chainmaille strapping this would make a sweet industrial/tribal bellydancing top! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Doxie24_7
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010 04:47:56 PM »

I love the way that it goes on. It reminds me of this bra like costume in Blade Runner that Zhora wears. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleedingfingertips
Life enjoying engineer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010 02:42:11 AM »

Again thank you all for your supportive comments and feedback..

I am utterly in love! I'm going into a Metals program in a year and while it's primarily focused on jewelry/goldsmithing (I already have chainmaille and regular jewelery skills) this would be an amazing pursuit for the silversmithing sections. (of course, I'd have to build one over bra support so I erm, actually had something big enough to work with! lol) I am so bookmarking this for reference, your work on this is just lovely and very well done! (and I totally know what you mean, getting halfway through and thinking "good lord what did I get myself into??" but being pleased with the final piece) You know, if only the cups were metal and it was attached to a bra, leather harness or chainmaille strapping this would make a sweet industrial/tribal bellydancing top! Cheesy

I am really glad you liked it. And yes! It would definitely need more "normal" straps instead of the hooks. The idea with the hooks was to make the wearer look dressed, sharp and sparkling from the front but naked if she turned the back to the viewer. And this top was made more as an artpiece than funktional item so the straps had to go for the sake of art Smiley

As it is now, it is very hard for the model to put it on, if not impossible if she is doing it by herself, also the fact that it is done without any moving parts really limits the flexibility of the wearer.

So I say, definitely go for chainmaille straps or leather if you are going to make one. Also, the piece that connects the cups should preferably also be flexible somehow.

When it comes to spikes, if you don't have access to a lathe I think different length of these cromed, cone shaped spikes you can buy in random punk shops (the ones that attaches with a screw from the inside) will do very nice. The same as seen in some dog collars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always trying to improve my needle skills to prevent my fingertips from bleeding..

Armed with a needle.. but no needle in my arm.
FacesByHaleh
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010 02:28:54 PM »

Remarkable craftsmanship. I think it's most interesting how the idea of a soft bra would
lend itself beautifully to silver. Somehow the juxtaposition of the two work.
Very well done.

haleh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011 04:32:36 PM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2010 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2010 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megtrip83
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011 01:11:50 PM »

This is awesome! Not sure how comfortable it would be tho lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011 05:15:32 PM »

Wow. That is some excellent craftsmanship and some excellent patience on her part!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Title Templates in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Keep Special Effects from Intruding on Story
How to cheat a look on Camera
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial - Reconnecting Footage
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...