A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK Swap FINISHED! (SIGNUP 03/05/10 -23/05/10 ; MAIL BY 27/06/10).  (Read 10895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xandcraft
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010 12:35:26 AM »

On the Isle of Wight, we have an annual garlic festival. Everything you can think of, and some you'd rather not, flavoured with garlic, including ice cream and beer  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blottedcopybook
Broke it. What can I use it for?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010 12:35:45 AM »

I'm kind of impressed that you got Essex Girl from the white socks and stillettos... but as I am beginning to discover there is more to Essex than the 'Essex Girl'... there is also bizarre bacon awards. So as I am sure you can tell, I'm just about all set craft-idea wise!  Roll Eyes

A deep fried mars bar is something I just can't even imagine.... like how would the mars bar not just melt when it goes into hot fat?! Have you ever actually tasted one? Is it worth the calories and cholesterol?

Honest to God I'm kind of scared to try it because I'm a big lass as it is and if I liked it, I'd probably make it a dietary habit!

A deep fried mars bar is something I just can't even imagine.... like how would the mars bar not just melt when it goes into hot fat?! Have you ever actually tasted one? Is it worth the calories and cholesterol?

YES. YES IT IS.  Cheesy

i tried one at uni in southampton and let me tell you, as a chocoholic and a massive pig, it was devine. alas, they don't seem to have made it to surrey  Cry

my favourite uk traditions: welly wangling and that festival where you roll a big cheese down a hill and chase it. not yet discovered where these take place. but i intend to move there when i do.

Gloucestershire!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Deep fried mars bars are amazing... Yum!
As for cheese rolling, in Dorset there's a new tradition in the making called "Dorset knob trowing" it's brilliant.. You throw a Dorset knob (like a teeny hard bread roll) and whoever gets the furthest wins. There's also knob painting, a knob & spoon race, splat the knob..! I missed this year as I was at the horse racing but the last 2 years were so much fun :p

so many inuendos there too.. We thought it was called something else for a bit! Cheesy
Ahahaha I nearly choked on my weetabix, there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010 04:59:23 AM »

As for cheese rolling, in Dorset there's a new tradition in the making called "Dorset knob throwing" it's brilliant.. You throw a Dorset knob (like a teeny hard bread roll) and whoever gets the furthest wins. There's also knob painting, a knob & spoon race, splat the knob..! I missed this year as I was at the horse racing but the last 2 years were so much fun :p

so many inuendos there too.. We thought it was called something else for a bit! Cheesy
Ahahaha I nearly choked on my weetabix, there!

Better than choking on a knob! bahahahahaaaa

I think Alan Carr was on the radio the other day eating a dorset knob and was making all sorts of jokes about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010 06:26:34 AM »

Very tempted by this swap - will definitely be thinking about it. I had decided to take a couple of months break from swapping, but there is always something to tempt me back! I do love living in Hampshire, so would enjoy sharing it with someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010 07:45:33 AM »

THIS is why i'm proud to be british  Cheesy

Deep fried mars bars are amazing... Yum!
As for cheese rolling, in Dorset there's a new tradition in the making called "Dorset knob throwing" it's brilliant.. You throw a Dorset knob (like a teeny hard bread roll) and whoever gets the furthest wins. There's also knob painting, a knob & spoon race, splat the knob..! I missed this year as I was at the horse racing but the last 2 years were so much fun :p

haha where i'm from 'knob' is something entirely different.....anoth er reason why dorset is awesome!! strange aside: in derbyshire a bread roll is a cob. you could definitely get a poem in there somewhere.

On the Isle of Wight, we have an annual garlic festival. Everything you can think of, and some you'd rather not, flavoured with garlic, including ice cream and beer  Undecided

what a random festival! is there a historical reason for the garlic-love or is it just really popular in the isle of wight? although, garlic is an amazing immune-booster, so at least during the festival everyone's really really healthy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
mpemporium
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010 09:27:04 AM »

Awesome - I can't think of any traditions for Surrey, except for playing cricket on Sundays and Morris men!

We do have lots of silly place names though - like the village of Christmas Pie, and a street called Jeffries Passage among others...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lama Rama

Special with a capital SP!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010 10:22:05 AM »

Oh no decisions, decisions. Shocked I REALLY want to do this swap because I've been putting off doing swaps due to the massive price of posting to the states but its right in my exam time. Oh I just don't know what to do! This would be amazing fun but exams oh no. Please, please, please can there be round 2. Drat I wish it was a month later and then I would have the wonderful summer holiday ahead of me to craft! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fuzzy llama, Funny llama, Llama llama, Duck!
pinkmichk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010 01:19:21 PM »

i'm tempted by this where i live in herts the town was founded by the knights templar and its main selling point is the numerous coaching inns which now operate as pubs so i dont know how i can craft that so will ponder
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
NauticalAurora
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010 02:05:30 PM »

I'm really up for doing this swap, just a little scared. Filling in my questionaire soon.. =]

i'm tempted by this where i live in herts the town was founded by the knights templar and its main selling point is the numerous coaching inns which now operate as pubs so i dont know how i can craft that so will ponder

Haha ditto. I don't think Herts has many traditions (that I know of) but it has history coming out of its ears!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010 02:00:18 AM »

poohsticks, i'm out guys. too much on my plate :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Find Out What Rebecca Black Keeps in Her Beauty Bag
How to Get a Hello Kitty-Inspired Makeup Look
How to Get a Clear Pore-Free Complexion
Try Salon Gel Manicures At Home
Best CC Creams To Try
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...