A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reconstructed Microwave Cart  (Read 13930 times)
Tags for this thread: desk , reconstructed , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

buzatron2000
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010 05:36:10 AM »

I love your crazed squirrel avatar
 its not a squirrel!!! its a Chinese temple lion and i just got that tattooed on my arm!!!!! LMAO!!!  Cheesy

Thanks for the comments though. Its nice to have a community like Craftster with so much support out there. For me, one of the bast parts about this project was just the thinking process of "how am I going to put this all together?" and "what to do next?". Sometimes i would just put the project off for days until something "came" to me all of a sudden...... like the graphic design for the doors...
I came up with that on my way home for lunch one day from work in all of about the span of about 5 minutes!!!! This was after I had mulled over about 20 other ideas for like 3 days.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010 05:50:43 AM by buzatron2000 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SierraPapaCharlie

Be more awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010 07:44:05 AM »

Wow! If you hadn't posted a before picture I would have never guessed that it used to be a microwave cart. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. L. Frank Baum

http://sierrapapacharlie.wordpress.com

http://www.wists.com/sierrapapacharlie
Crazypantsjones
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010 08:57:25 AM »

That's freakin awesome! I hope she loves it?! I am so showing this to my husband, it might be the kick in the rear end that he needs to get making me some awesome stuff!

The desk is sitting under my computer, and I DO love it!

Honestly, I think prolonged exposure to craftster (I sit and lurk for hours, showing him some of the cool stuff) really helped with crafting confidence for him. Who can sit on here and NOT be inspired??

We've worked on a few projects together that are under my screen name, but this was the first one that-- apart from a coat of paint that I helped with-- was all his, and I insisted that he get his own username and join the community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How is it that Firefly gets cancelled after one measly season, but Tim and Eric Awesome Show has had five ?!?
buzatron2000
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010 09:38:49 AM »

Wow! If you hadn't posted a before picture I would have never guessed that it used to be a microwave cart. Great job!

Even when it was INTENDED to be used as a microwave cart, I never liked it. it was just one of those things we absolutely needed at the time
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SierraPapaCharlie

Be more awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010 10:14:16 AM »

Even when it was INTENDED to be used as a microwave cart, I never liked it. it was just one of those things we absolutely needed at the time

I know what you mean. I don't know what it is about microwave carts, but I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't completely fugly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. L. Frank Baum

http://sierrapapacharlie.wordpress.com

http://www.wists.com/sierrapapacharlie
buzatron2000
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010 10:28:57 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't completely fugly.

Indeed this one was fugly. It was one of those imitation wood-particle-board with white....uh....I don't even know what it is.....is definitely NOT paint on it. I think its actually more like a giant white STICKER. Whatever it WAS, it was ALL crap  Tongue

Remember when it was trendy and cool to have cute little country furniture all over your house with geese and chickens and maybe a few cows on them? Yeah me neither.Perhaps an apple or some scrolling ivory-type plant to accent those country lines in your country kitchen you were told by Walmart/Target/Massive-Outlet-Store that it was the THING to have at the time? REALLY?!?! GAG! What is this ? A barn?

Oh and for those who truly love all those chickens and geese and cows and barnyard animals on furniture....I apologize. I have a garage full of that crap in my garage you can haul away this weekend Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010 12:25:42 PM »

I love it!!!  great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010 01:39:25 PM »

WOW! Who would have known that beautiful piece of furniture was hiding in there? LOL! Great job. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010 04:42:07 PM »

Absolutely wonderful work - I too love the graphic detail, and the colours you chose also look great!

Also, I agree about the 'barnyard furniture' comment.  "Country Style" can be done well (although I probably still won't like it), but sticking on a goose does not a farm make!

I felt like Yoda while I was typing that.  I bet he's great at interior design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
buzatron2000
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010 08:49:19 PM »

I felt like Yoda while I was typing that.  I bet he's great at interior design.

I'm sure he is. Look what he did with his little hut in the swamp? a few sticks in the mud and some moss and he had one swingin bachelor pad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pathfinder Book Trailer
Lisa Jones Reads from Broken
Meet Author Suzy Welch
Patti Stanger Talks About Become Your Own Matchmaker
Douglas Kennedy Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...