A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: From nostalgia to protection.  (Read 975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« on: May 01, 2010 05:24:51 PM »

Hello~

I made a laptop bag this week! It started out as a navy blue pull-over sweatshirt that I bought in Utah when I was in 9th grade and my marching band was playing for the Paralymics. Since that time (all the way back in 2002), my family went through a break up, an eviction of our house, my father losing his job, my mom totaling the car, and 4 years of living in a motel. Fastforward to now and we have 3 cars, a house we have been settled in for over 4 years, and a much more stable crafter. =] (Actually it was because of living in a one room motel with 4 people that got me to want to start crafting, but that is a different story.)

Anyway, my older brother has been cleaning out our garage recently, and when I peaked in and saw this sweatshirt, I had to rescue it from the garbage! I did try wearing it, but it had holes and didnt do my curves any justice  Tongue

So I decided to turn it into an awesome/ unique laptop case! I'm a Mac girl all the way, and my baby is my 15 inch MacBook Pro. Everything I used for this project was from my stash. The straps were remnaits from a dress I made for my sis, the zipper was given to me from my aunt, and the interior was from a quilt I did a few years ago.

Inside: Each side is 4 layers of batting, and a piece of light blue flannel

On the back, with the bottom of the original sweatshirt, I added a velco-closed pocket for my charger.

Comments and Critiques ALWAYS welcome. I am still rather new to sewing, and I have never made a laptop bag before. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010 07:49:39 PM by dannispring240 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
GatbysRevolver

I love you now. Isn't that enough?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010 11:06:35 PM »

Awesome job! Now I have even more of a reason to get our sewing machine fixed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...