A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2010 Birthday Swap  (Read 4017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 01, 2010 01:55:55 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Questions? Please post here in the discussion/gallery.

Swap name: May 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Troublet
Sign-up date range:  May 1 May 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion thread:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343060.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343060.0
Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive . You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC"s may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put May Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever  
Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"May Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by March 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:
--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in various themes, that more like one item for someone to choose, not ten. Having sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry etc, various methods is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  May 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
I have already posted in the discussion thread and will keep up with that thread via "replies to your posts (you will not be approved until you do: Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to sendout after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- May 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates
:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346098.0

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap
:
April 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
March 2010 Gallery/Discussion
March 2010 Birthday Lists
February 2010 Gallery/Discussion
February 2010 Birthday Lists
January 2010 Gallery/Discussion
January 2010 Birthday Lists
December 2009 Gallery/Discussion
December 2009 Birthday Lists

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010 08:33:50 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010 01:58:58 AM »

Birthday Swappers
(claims made/claims in transit/claims received)
heini - May 4 - (3/0/3)
sloanlaw - May 12 - (1/0/0)
phoenixfiredesigns - May 16 - (6/0/6)
imbettinonalice - May 20 - (1/0/1)
Thomas Marow - May 24 - (4/0/2)
DesignVigilante - May 25 - (3/1/2)
Ffrogg526 - May 26 - (2/0/2)
Ramona Q - May 27 - (1/0/1)
Juicebox29 - May 30 - (1/0/1)
Painted_Lady - May 31 - (1/0/0)

Non-Birthday Swappers
Troublet (2/0/2)
alwaysinmyroom (1/0/1)
EssHaych(1/0/1)
TheWorldFamous (1/1/0)

blue = sent
green = received
orange = late with communication
feedback given
contact organizer asap!

Send by May 15
DesignVigilante to phoenixfiredesigns for knitted socks

Send by May 17

phoenixfiredesigns to Thomas Marow for a Tree of Life pendant
phoenixfiredesigns to Ffrogg256 for a Tree of Life pendant
Thomas Marow to PhoenixFireDesigns for some handmade stamps
phoenixfiredesigns to DesignVigilante for removable crochet stitch markers
Ffrogg526 to phoenixfiredesigns for a Long Openwork shawl

Send by May 18
alwaysinmyroom to heini for a birthday surprise!
Thomas Marow to heini for hand carved stamps
EssHaych to DesignVigilante for yarn, crochet hooks and a crocheted surprise

Send by May 19

imbettinonalice to Thomas Marow for a birthday surprise

Send by May 24
Troublet to imbettinonalice for a pin cushion and surprise

Send by May 25
DesignVigilante to Thomas Marow for a slouch hat
DesignVigilante to imbettinonalice for a knitted/crochet hat

Send by May 26
Ramona Q to DesignVigilante for a half apron

Send by May 29

phoenixfiredesigns to imbettinonalice for a wisty surprise and probably toss in a scrabble tile pendant or two
TheWorldFamous to Thomas Marow for flower clips
Heini to imbettinonalice for reusable shopping bag and a surprise

Send by June 1
DesignVigilante to Ffrogg256 for an Athenian Scarf
Ffrogg256 to Ramona Q for something anchor/nautical themed

Send by June 2
Thomas Marow to Ramona Q for something Matryoshka
Thomas Marow to Sloanlaw for a surprise for her daughter

Send by June 3
Painted_Lady to imbettinonalice for a post secret inspired journal

Send by June 7
sloanlaw to Painted_Lady for a large purse/messenger bag
Juicebox29 to DesignVigilante for some surprises
phoenixfiredesigns to Juicebox29 for a Tree of Life pendant
phoenixfiredesigns to sloanlaw for a bird theme necklace

Send by June 8
Troublet to Juicebox29 for a shower scrubbie and reusable make up removers

Send by June 10
Heini to Juicebox29 for fabric organizer

Send by June 13
Heini to Painted_lady for reusable pads
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010 02:56:36 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010 02:30:14 PM »

My name is Diana, I'm from Southern California! I'm a married part-time domestic goddess, full time art geek.
My birthday is May 25, 1987, which means I'm turning 23 this month!
I'm married with two dog babies, Georgie (chihuahua mix) and Sophie (Rat Terrier).
My favorite color combination is black-pink-white. I am currently obsessed with zebra print. I also like polka dots, stripes, and argyle. Other colors I like include most blues, most violets, and seafoam green. I'm not fond of neon colors. I hate yellow and green unless they're a secondary color that goes with something else (like an accent color basically).
I have extra sensitive skin, I cannot use any bath & beauty product that isn't handmade or hypoallergenic.
I also have a wool sensitivity, it's mostly just itchy around sensitive areas like my neck and forehead. Hands and feet are just fine Wink
My favorite scents are Vanilla, Strawberry, and Citrus.

Don't see anything you wanna do on this list? Try my Wishlist here: http://www.kaboodle.com/designvigilante

REALLY REALLY want Smiley = Red text

Crafts:

*An ipod sock/case similar to this but not necessarily in the same colors/fabrics http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/iphone-ipod-case-carousel-handmade-vintage-fabric-isockit-deluxe?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnDAA&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

A sock/case similar to the one above but for my wacom tablet (7.4 x 7.9 x 0.5 inches) with a pouch in front to keep the usb cord and pen

Handmade bath/beauty products

Tea wallet w/ muslin tea bags
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/mini-eco-tea-lover-on-the-go-stripe?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAelYaA&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

Medium sized snap purse
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40003858

Large Laundry Duffle Bags with the type of laundry printed on it  (Like "Whites", "Darks", "Colors")

Dog clothes for my dogs (they're small dogs and I can provide measurements for them if needed)

Hostess half apron with pockets
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42571488&ref=sr_list_25&&ga_search_query=hostess+apron&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Thanks Ramona Q!

Sewn flowers like these, preferably with the same style clip (i have short, not so thick hair)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42805064&ref=sr_list_6&&ga_search_query=Kanzashi&ga_search_type=category&category=accessories.hair.clip&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Reading Pillow
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/reading-set-book-cover-and-pillow?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAXTYVw&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

Remote organizers (2 of them to cover horrible tears in our couches on the arms; can provide measurements)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40449339&ref=sr_list_9&&ga_search_query=remote+organizer&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Door Organizer
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/doorganizer-8?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAASxw8w&fromStoreDomain=fredflare.com

Circle Skirt
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39400367&ref=sr_list_13&&ga_search_query=circle+skirt&ga_search_type=&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Simple at the elbow or above the elbow arm warmers
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12109982&ref=sr_list_6&&ga_search_query=fabric+arm+warmer&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Infinity/Eternity Circle Scarf
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42867087&ref=sr_list_2&&ga_search_query=scarf&ga_search_type=&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Boxy pouches! I'd love a small one to put on a keyring or a large one (at least 10inches), but I'd love any and all sizes! http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/anniversary-sale---colorful-garden-boxy-pouch?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnIjw&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

Daisy Stitch Hat (preferably in netural colors, like black and gray) Knit Pattern

A Bowling Bag style weekender bag in a cute fabric (I visit my mom several times a month and actually spend the weekend there, so i am in need of a good weekender bag)

Set of 3 to 5 cloth menstrual pads with metal or velcro snaps in dark colors (tut: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0)

Removable crochet stitch markers
Thanks phoenixfiredesigns!

Yarn Bowl http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=22762311

A Lapghan or throw (quilted, sewn, knitted, crocheted, any craft)

A Loaded Charm Bracelet =tags&includes[]=title]Like this one or =tags&includes[]=title]This one

Supplies

Scissors, any size (im constantly losing my scissors no matter how many i get so i always need some)
Crochet hooks (used are perfectly ok with me)
Tunisian aka Afghan Hooks (the extremely long crochet hooks)
Red Heart Yarn (Any colors or styles)
Any sort of Acrylic yarn like Vanna's Choice (any colors or styles)
Nylon blend yarns (any colors)
Cotton yarn (any colors)
Alpaca blend yarns (any colors)
Fat quarter fabric

---->Books!
Knitting Rules!
Knit.101
Mason Dixon Knitting
Anything by the Yarn Harlot
No Sheep for You

Extras

A New or gently used tea for one set
A New or gently used tea pot (not kettle, like for serving)
Coffee Mugs
Tea (loose leaf or bagged, Black Tea blends and Oolong Tea blends preferred)
Dog treats
Human Treats (lol)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 10:34:47 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010 04:35:17 PM »

About Me

Happy Birthday fellow May Babies! I'm a 32 year old woman (turning 33 May 16th!) who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats.
  • My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together).
  • My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy.
  • I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together
  • I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.)
  • My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.
  • My favorite flower is the Daffodil.
  • My favorite hobbies include: reading, photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafty Wishes

Grin = BIG WISH!

Sewing

-- A Day Tote/Weekender Bag. There's not a thing I don't love about this one for example, but it could be in different fabrics of similar colors for example. It looks sturdy and says it has pockets and the shape is really lovely. I also really like this one which would be a lovely weekender bag since I don't own any luggage. And of course, Amy Butler's pattern is neat but it wouldn't have to be in her fabric.

-- Fabric buckets like this! I have a great project bag now I use for my jewelry tools, but...I could use another! I do most of my beading/crafting on the couch and it's nice to stash things away in something like this.

--  Grin Something made from the JOEL DEWBERRY'S AVIARY ALMOND FABRIC. (Stuff like this wristlet or these potholders or this craft apron or this card holder or this wallet, or this purse etc. Pillows, aprons, anything! I am just in love with this fabric!

-- A simple robe. I really like this style. Doesn't have to be exactly like that but I like the Japanese/Asian/Cherry Blossom influence, but it could be other colors/patterns that I like as well. Doesn't need to be form-fitting, can be a little roomy just not too oversized. (A little roomy is fine.) I'm generally a US size 4.

-- Cute "Rockabilly" Style Dress I LOVE this style but obviously in adult size. And no pink please, it doesn't look good on me. I wear a US size 4 and could send more specific measurements too. I just love how fun and flirty it is!

Crochet

--A crochet shawl like this! It's so pretty and even the color is great! THANK YOU Ffrogg526!!

Knitting

--  Grin Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. There are some wisted here for inspiration. (And yes, thick ones for around the house are perfect too!) THANK YOU DesignVigilante!!

-- Grin "Phoenix" Colored Lacy Scarf just like this!. OMG it's so pretty!! (The pattern is available for here) I love the color, the lightweight look of it and the pattern.

-- A shrug like this style (Or another example.) Could be in a self-striping in any color I like (blues, purples, greens, greys, browns, etc.) or solid. It's the style and idea I really like. I'm flexible on the color/pattern.

-- A cable knit bag. I really like cable knit and I think this bag is really cool.

-- A lightweight/lacy shawl. (Like this example. I love the delicate lace of this. I'm always cold so something to cover my arts at dinner or in the movies would be great. Could be this or other colors. Something neutral probably best. Doesn't have to be this identical pattern, just this basic concept.

Other

-- Fitted Style Tee Shirts. Short sleeve, 3/4 length or long sleeve. (Since this time of year I might get to actually wear a longer sleeve!) Fitted, size small or US 4 equivalent. I have received a ton and I love them but I also live in fitted tees and more are always welcome. I have a bunch of styles I love WISTED for inspiration.

--  Grin Hand-Dyed / "Shibori-Dyed" Fitted Tee Shirts Like above, short sleeve, 3/4 or long sleeve is fine so long as it''s fitted. I like styles like THESE in my wists. I especially love the flame style one but really like this type of look a lot. It''s different from the shirts I typically wear and I like that. (Please just no hippie/Grateful Dead rainbow style tie dye. Nothing against hippies but it's just not my personal preference.)

-- Hand carved stamps. Neat things I can decorate packages or letters with. Trees are great, vines, penguins, owls, etc. I would also love phoenix ones that are NOT my logo. (I have logo ones already.) There's so many phoenix tattoo images out there which would make GREAT stamps. Or, anything based on the stuff I like would be great! THANK YOU Thomas Marow!!

--  Grin Something stained glass - sun catcher, nightlight, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself. I have a wall of sliding glass doors and would love to put up something pretty there! (HERE are some I've wisted for inspiration/ideas.)

-- Something glass work like a vase or something. Blown or torch or whatever. A cool medium I don''t know how to work with at all. This is really pretty for example.

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or a bowl or a tea mug or cereal bowl (I eat cereal every single day!) or anything like that. Decorative or useful! Again, a skill I don't have but really love. (HERE are a couple things I've wisted for inspiration.)

-- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there''s not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items as inspiration.

-- Fused glass pendants you think I'd like. (HERE are some wisted inspiration items as examples.)

-- Something with owls. I love owls, especially snowy and great horned owls.

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my amazon wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I''d like.

Craft Supplies

--  Grin Jewelry Presentation Displays I have one in black but I need a necklace one in WHITE for photographing my work. I could also use a necklace/earring combo and a bracelet hand. These are styles I like and could REALLY use:
 - Simple Necklace: Display, necklace, leatherette, white, 10x8 inches
 - Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, necklace/earring, frosted acrylic
 - Another Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, Venus figure, opaque white, 12 x 8-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches
 - Ring/Bracelet Display, acrylic, clear frosted, 7-1/4 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch hand

--A Red/Orange/Yellow stamp ink pad. Like the "shade of orange" one on this page or the "foliage" pad here. I'd love to have something in that blended color for easy inking of my PhoenixFire Designs return address stamp.

-- A sewing basket. You know, classic little box with a handle to store my growing collection of threads, notions, scissors, etc. Like this idea/ or this one. Doesn't have to be that fabric or anything but that idea. Right now, all my stuff is just piled up in a mess on my desk.

-- Mini Cake Pans. How cute are these? I don't know that I *need* them per se, but they're just so darn fun.

-- Lampwork beads. Love. Wish I could make but I''m too scared of open flame. Cheesy

-- Dichroic Glass Beads I love this mix for example. So pretty!

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles. Also any 16 or 24 gauge wire is in any color is always useful.

Thanks and Happy Birthday to my fellow May Babies! Grin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010 07:49:30 AM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Thomas Marow
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010 09:16:38 AM »

Happy Birthday everyone! I'm 21, and will be 22 (or, as my mom jokes, 40) on May 24th. I currently live with my parents (moved back in with them) in the middle of nowhere, Maine. I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend Sam (he lives in Detroit). I'm a complete geek, and celebrated Wizarding Independence Day by a letterboxing blitz with my mom. I have two cats- a grown female calico named Tabitha(who is very much a cat's cat), and Arthur the kitten (who is probably more dog than cat, and not all that bright), a male orange tabby.

> My favorite color is yellow, and my favorite color combination is yellow and black- they were also my SCA colors when I did SCA, and it sort of stuck.

> My hobbies are Rp, letterboxing, writing, crochet- and any "new" craft I can get my hands on. Lately stamp-carving and calligraphy.

>I worship David Bowie and the ground he walks on. I'm not saying that I have a shrine to him or anything, but.... well, it's only from lack of a projector that Ziggy hasn't been stencilled onto the wall in front of my bed in all his glory. Or Jareth. *drool*

> I love Harry Potter, my house is Slytherin, and my favorite character is Severus Snape. I'm a Snape fangirl.

>My boyfriend and I's song has been 'As The World Falls Down' since the ninth grade.

>I'm not very picky, and I often like what someone gives me more than anything I could have come up with in my own head Smiley

List!

Sewing:

A messenger bag My mom has been griping at me to get a purse, and I've finally buckled. Preferably something tough, and not very 'glitzy'- glitzy isn't really my thing when it comes to bags. As far as dimensions go, it needs to fit my ten inch netbook in it.

A wallet I got my current wallet when I was 15 and lost my driving permit one too many times. It barely holds anything anymore. I'd love anything that could stand up to some rough treatment.

An apron I bake, a lot, and I'm a very messy baker- it'd be nice to have something that I can slip and have my clothes not be covered with flour.

Yarny goodness

Handspats- I love these (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346140.0), and would love to own a pair!

Slouchy hat- They're all the rage here, but I haven't managed to make one.

A shrug- Nothing fancy needed, it would be nice to have something I could just slip on when I feel sort of meh about a hoodie.

Fingerless gloves for spring- something lightweight, but pretty.

Letterboxing stuff

Letterboxing log book- I'm hoping to plant some boxes soon!

Book to keep a copy of all the stamps I've made- I've been giving away most of the stamps I've made, so it'd be nice to have a little book so I can show off all the designs.

Stamp-making tools- Right now I'm using erasers and an exacto knife. I'm doing pretty good, but I'd love something easier to use.

Accessories
Flower Hair Clips (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=318808.0) So pretty!

A tree of life necklace, bracelet, choker- I love the simple tree of life designs!Thanks PhoenixFiredDesigns!

Headbands- I live in headbands now, as I'm growing out my hair and it's at that weird middle length phase.

And if you want to send me a surprise- go for it! I love surprises, and I suck at lists anyway ^.^

Extras
Tea- Coffee has been making my stomach hurt, and soda is killing my weightloss goals, so I've been trying to get into tea- I have no supplies at all, just a few tea bags that I got at an import store that I've been trying.

Chocolate- My favorite is chocolate covered coffee beans. Any mixture of chocolate and coffee is heaven though. And anything I wouldn't be able to get in the US is also welcome ^.^

Any flavor of Faygo- So far I tried the cream soda when I went to visit my boyfriend, and I loved it.
Postcards- I collect them Smiley

Thanks everyone! And happy birthday- or unbirthday, as the case may be! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 08:07:05 AM by Thomas Marow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418, 317811....

Available for personal swaps Smiley
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010 11:02:22 AM »

About Me
 - I live in Pineville, North Carolina (Think Charlotte) and my significant other lives in Atlanta, GA.  
 - Im an elementary school music teacher, I work with grades K-5 and hes attending Graduate School at Emory University.  
 - Im turning 27 this year.
 - In the house I live in we have two dachshund-mix and one pure-bred dachshund rescue dogs in sizes small, medium and large (large being 30lbs.) And they dont wear sweaters  Weve tried.
 - I wear silver jewelry, some copper, NO gold.
- I like all colors EXCEPT Pink.  I have a very serious aversion to anything pink taking up space in my life.  Im also not to fond of neon colors.
 - Some particular favorites include purple, dark teal, bright fresh grass spring green (enough adjectives for ya?)  And all of those look good with black, brown or white.  
 - I love the smell of Spanish Amber, Cloves, Sandalwood, musky incense, rain, mountain air.

Crafts
 - Felted Stone Rug like the one seen here
 - Turtle Messenger Bag it could have different fabric but I LOVE this bag! Messenger Bag
 - Handmade Journal Something similar to thiswould be simply amazing!
 - Spoon Wands there are several on craftster if youre not sure what I mean.
 - Athenian Scarf made with broomstick lace.  Thanks so much DesigneVigilante!
 - Bicycle Caplet This would be wonderful for winter and the colors are gorgeous!!
 - Any interesting beaded earrings.  I like earrings that dangle  if you need help with my style/likes/dislikes, refer to my wist  I have a bunch wisted already.
 - Lacey knitted shawl similar to this one.  I love the leaves  maybe theyre not supposed to be leaves but they look like leaves to me.   Cheesy
 - Leaf Shawl - I have the pattern for this Im just kind of afraid to try it because my knitting skills arent that great unless Im doing garter stitch or stockinette.
 - One More Shawl!   This is beautiful!  I even love the rainbow colors!
 - Handmade coffee mugs with a large handle!  I very much like this one!  I have two already but more are always welcome!  Dragon Scales  This one is also REALLY pretty. Example
 - Flowery clips/headbands like these for the Renaissance Festival The Honeycomb
 - Ginko leaf jewelry or wall art.  Example   earrings  LOVE LOVE LOVE these plates
 - A Halloween or Witchs Mini Hutch like whats on my wist.
 - An Wiccan Altar kit and/or A Book of Shadows
- Tree of Life pendant/jewelry/wall art. Thank you Phoenixfiredesigns!!!
 - The ever popular and essential crafted item  tote bags!  You can never  have enough!
 - If youre still stuck for ideas you can look at my wist and surprise me with something! My Wist!

Supplies

- Roving for Spinning
 - Handspun/dyed yarn
 - Polymer clay
 - Yarn from your LYS (no eyelash or fun fur type stuff pleeeease!!)
 - Polymer clay tools
 - Paper craft supplies (stickers, papers, random goodness)
 - Cotton yarn
 - Earring making supplies (head pins, jump rings, French hooks, i hooks, all in silver/pewter please!.

Extras

- Locally roasted flavored coffee (decaf or regular)
 - Bagged or loose leaf tea
 - Chocolate is always amazing.  My favorite combination is Chocolate and Peanut Butter.
 - Picture Frames.  I have a rather funky collection of them but I hate the gaudy fake jewel picture frames.
 - Paper lanterns.
 - World Music CDs I have A TON of Putumayo CDs  ask before you buy one, I may already have it.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 11:45:48 AM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010 12:14:08 AM »

I'm turning 30 today (May 4th). I started studying clothing last autumn, and I'm the oldest student on my class. I live in Southern Finland with my boyfriend and our two cats. I love crocheting, sewing and paper crafting. My favourite colours are black, grey and all shades of red, I don't like pastels. Besides crafting my favourite things to do are gardening and vegan cooking and baking (+eating). Patterns, motifs and themes I like: butterflies, foxes, mushrooms, stripes, Twin Peaks, art nouveau/jugend, punk and goth things, swirls, dark colours.

I don't have any allergies, but I'm vegetarian, so no meat, dairy, leather, fur etc. for me, please. No religious items either, but anti-religious/anti-christian things are fine.

I love recycling, so previously owned or reconstructed things are welcome!

Crafts

-Hand made birthday card
-Hand carved stamp Thank you Thomas Marow!
-Towel(s) for our red and black kitchet. Embroidered would be awesome.
-Pillow(s) or pillow case(s) in retro style. Size 50cmx60cm, 40cmx40cm or 50cmx50cm.
-Recipe card organizer
-Plant markers or other garnening stuff
-Bracelet (I rarely wear other jewelry)
-Anything from or inspired by my wists
-Toys, treats or anything else for our cats. They turn 7 in this monts.
-Bath bombs or other bath products
-Surprise

Craft Supplies

-baby yarn (cotton, soft wool, bamboo etc. no acrylic, please), because all my friends are having babies.
-Buttons
-Zippers
-Crochet or other craft magazines. I can read English and Swedish, but I think I could deal with German too. Or any language if there's lot of pictures and little text.

Extras

-Bento accessories, because they're so hard to find here in Finland. I'd love a fish shaped soy sauce bottle like Kikkoman's head in the video! Also things that keep foods separated would be handy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010 01:56:49 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010 05:22:14 PM »

Hi there! I'm Jess and I'll be 28 on May 20th.  I love to try all kinds of different crafts, but most recently I have tried soap making and sewing.  I also love paper crafts, polymer clay and making jewelry.  My favorite colors are pink and black.  I am also proud to say that I am a child of the 80s and a complete pop culture nerd.  Other than crafting, I love to read, write, cook and bake. I love the smell of lilacs, vanilla, honeysuckle and strawberries. I do not have allergies or exceptions for crafts....unless you count not liking coffee Smiley. I do not have kids, so crafts do not need to be "family friendly".

Crafts that I'd Like:

-Scrabble tile necklace.
-crocheted/knitted hat
-handmade body sugars/scrubs
-antique looking spoon ring...kinda like these http://stores.ebay.com/Heritage-Artisan-Jewelers-Gallery_STERLING-SPOON-RINGS_W0QQ_fsubZ20826827QQ_sidZ695188496QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
-Chunky resin ring or bracelet.
-Fun recipe holder
-Glasses case made out of a fun pattern.
-protective case for my ipod touch, perhaps "Glee" theme.
-Reuseable shopping/book bag
-a recycled fabric/knotted tshirt rug for my bathroom, like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345667.0
-A handmade journal based off of Postsecret (www.postsecret.com)
-Holder for my handmade necklaces, something that was made from something recycled would be great!
-Hand made/ decorated picture frame, any size.
-Nerdy pincushion for beside my new sewing machine. I'd love anything old school Nintendo, zombies, big pieces of sushi, etc.  Thanks Troublet!
-A fun handmade/painted jar for keeping my loose change.
-carved stamp...I am obsessed with making inchies, so something funky for the background would be great
-I'm always adding to my wist, and there are examples of most of the items above on there.  If not, by all means surprise me!!! As my mom always said about my homemade gifts:  "They came from your hardwork and your heart....they'll be perfect no matter what." Smiley

my wist:  http://wists.com/imbettinonalice

Craft Supplies:

-soft yarn
-knitting needles/ learn-to-knit books/kits
- Shrinky dink paper
-Polymer clay, all colors.
-Essential oils and/or fragrance oils for making soap
-beads.  (I live in a smaaaaalll town where we have AC Moore, Michael's and Joann Fabrics....so if you have a beading store that would be awesome!)
-chain, wire, findings, clasps, etc for jewelry
- fun resin/polymer clay molds (again, I'm limited to AC Moore and Michael's, so I have lots of square shapes Smiley)
-buttons or all shapes and sizes.
-Bases for resin pendants
- Silver bails for pendants
-fun sewing patterns
-Any and all "how to..." crafting/cooking/baking books

Extras:

-Everlasting Gobstoppers
-candy in general Smiley
-tea
-again, surprise me Smiley

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 09:55:36 PM by imbettinonalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Ramona Q

There is a space between 'Ramona' and the 'Q'

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010 04:56:42 PM »

My name is Kate and I will be 26 this year. I live in Toronto Canada with my bf and cat. I am currently doing an internship at a sport and entertainment company (Im doing a certificate in sports and event marketing). I love crafting, hockey, and reading. My favourite colours are blue and red like the line colour on a hockey rink.http://www.teamopolis.com/images/hockey_rink.jpg  I love all things retro. I collect vintage post cards.

Im going to do things a little different. I am not particular about how the item is made (crochet, paper, sewn, cross stitch, soap), in fact I would like to pick your favourite craft medium and make a craft based on one of my themes. My plan is to display the craft in my cubical at work.

Here a few of my favourite things:

*Gnomes  to bring me luck and keep me safe from corporate curses
*A big crochet little people person like this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314352.0
*Mad Men
I love this show. Ive only seen the first season. I would love something Mad Men related.
*30 Rock. I want to be Tina Fay when I grow up. I havent seen the latest season as I dont have cable. Maybe it could be something done around a quote. Open to anything
*Anchors. I have one tattooed on the inside of my arm. I would love anything with an anchor or nautical themed.
*Classic tattoos designs
*Matryoshka dolls
*Richard Scarry
*Saints/ virgin Mary
*Ramona Quimby
*Old anatomy pictures
*Antique Keys

Non craft stuff
*Travel mug
*Buttons
*embroidery floss

Here is a link to my wists:
http://www.wists.com/ramonaq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloanlaw
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010 03:49:58 PM »

My name sis Tina.  I just turned 34 last week.  I live in Knoxville, TN with my husband and 6 month old daughter.  I'm a lawyer and a crafter/baker.  I will craft just about anything.  I am currently mostly into sewing and freezer paper stencilling.  I am fairly obssessed with birds and owls.  My favorite colors are aqua and red.  But I like any bright cheery color.  I LOVE getting handmade things for my baby girl! Even though it's for her I consider it a gift to me.  SHe couldn't care less. Smiley 

CRAFTS
-cell phone case similar to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/46550938/jo-iphoneipodcell-phone-case-in-red-and
-monogrammed pacifier clips (her monogram is MDS) (similar to these:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/46381719/monogrammed-pacifier-holder-pacifier)
-pinafore (9 months size)
-Stamped silver disc necklace with my initials (TLS)
-throw pillow with bird theme (preferably in aqua or red)
-anything from or inspired by my wist
-embroidery suitable for framing (birds, owls, flowers, fruit, trees)
-glasses case in a modern print
-bath mitt puppets for baby
-ruffle diaper cover:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/47464776/citrus-summer-ruffle-diaper-covers
-painting of a cow (or two!) 
-handmade soaps in fruity scents
-gift tags with bird theme
-birdie hat for baby:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/28038995/yellow-birdie-beanie-newborn (her head is 17")
-paper cuts of trees:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/20360219/papercuts-cutouts-handcuts-i-just-love
-tote bag inspired by this one:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/13974982/ecru-bird-tote
-baby girls bubble romper inspired by this:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/42989483/girls-bubbleromper-6-12-months
-bird-themed necklace
-Infant hair bows or headbands
-adult headbands

CRAFT SUPPLIES
-fat quarters
-modern print fabrics
-gingham fabric
-buttons
-ribbon
-textile paints
-thread!!  any color
-old bird watching field guides with drawn birds not photos(wanting to use the pictures in crafting)

EXTRA
-old issues of kids craft magazines (Martha Stewarts KIDS, Family Fun, etc.)
-baby food cookbooks
-ice cube tray with cover (for freezing baby food)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Miley Cyrus Vs. Taylor Swift: Rocker Vs. Chic Fashion
The Vera Wang Dress Code
What To Wear: Chevrons
Sarah Jessica Parker Launching Shoe Collection With Manolo Blahnik
Learn to Fold Your Tee Perfectly Every Time
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...