A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to do with a headboard  (Read 1121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindseylay005
« on: April 30, 2010 09:23:04 AM »

My future MIL has a headboard sitting in her garage that she offered to me. I don't particularly need it for a headboard, but I love the way it looks, and I want to use it for something. It's black and white, kind of fan-shaped, and handmade, so I don't want to tear it up. It kind of matches the colors of my kitchen and living room, so I thought of using it somehow in there... I'm open to suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwicz
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010 02:50:58 PM »

If it doesn't weigh too much, it would make a great wall hanging! But even if it's heavy, it can be leaned against the wall as a decorative element.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010 09:15:32 PM »

You could use it as a "deacon's bench". I saw on HGTV where they built a small bench and then attached the headboard to the back as a support. It was used in the entryway as a place to sit and remove/put on your boots.

Maybe you could screw in a row of coat hooks into it, and attach it to the wall as a place where kids/visitors could hang coats in the entryway. (I'd saw off the "legs" from the headboard first, though)

How about a decorative mantle piece (also remove the legs)
Or...Re-Use the removed legs by screwing them to the underside of the flat edge as a support and place in front of a fireplace as a decorative screen (not while the fire is going, though  Wink

If your kitchen has the space to do this, I'm envious - Remove the legs, screw in a row of larger sized cup hooks to the underside of the flat edge of your headboard, so they're hanging down. Mount the headboard on your wall and hang kitchen gadgets from the hooks - if you have crummy plastic ladles and spatulas, invest in some stainless ones, they'll make you look like a real pro...and an organized one too!

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Eggplant Casserole
How to Cook Crab Claws
How to Make a Fish and BLT Wrap
How to make Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers
How to Make Rum Muffins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...