A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Owls Swap Gallery Sendouts 6/7/10  (Read 19641 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Weez
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2010 12:25:19 PM »

Yay! Me too! I'm about to go to the post office now to send it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a deathly affinity for the cute!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/weezypeezy
brielauren
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2010 10:10:00 AM »

okay i couldnt help it. one more item. started it two days ago and will hopefully be finished on tuesday if time permits. it takes a while (4 hours last night) but hey i think it'll be worth it! i hope heatherweather33 likes it!!!!!!

and here is a teaser!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
PinkChick
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2010 07:29:22 PM »

Wow! Such amazing stuff!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Every Moment, Laugh Every Day, Love Beyond Words!
jennilocker
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010 07:51:59 PM »

I received from SMLounsbury Saturday and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  First of all let me apologize for not having better pictures but my camera's cord is MIA and I had to highjack an iphone and email the pictures to me...also Zoe was a bit aggrivated that I was making her model and not letting her eat grass.

We had discussed in PMs that I would like to have things for Zoe's first birthday party which is going to be owl themed.... all those who are shocked please raise their hands.  Boy oh boy did she come through on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

First up is the ADORABLE onesie that has the CUTEST owl and Zoe's name on it!!!!!!!!! She said that this was her first embroidered onesie...you could NOT tell!!  She made this so that she could eat cake and get messy in!

Next up are the dress and matching headband.  This dress looks like it came off of a designer store's shelf.  She and her daughter Olivia (Hi! Olivia!!) made the owl shaped buttons out of Sculpey!!!!  I am blown away by the buttons!!!! She put a fuzzy owl applique on the front of the dress and Zoe has already enjoyed petting it.  It fits PERFECT and will be the cutest birthday dress EVER!!!!  She also said that this was the first headband that she had made.  I think that I could make 50 and they wouldn't turn out this perfect!!

Now apparently at some point I claimed that I didn't want an owl stuffy. Hmmmmm.... why would I lie?  This was made for Zoe but I am having serious thoughts about keeping it for myself...ahem...I mean putting it up for her until she gets bigger.  This owl's name is Annie and Olivia named and cared for her SOOOOO good until she came to live with us.  Stacey made the pattern up so she is the original prototype of something that is sure to make her rich and famous, or at least famous on Craftster.  This little sucker took her over 6 hours to make!! Talk about preserverance!  She was SO worth it though!!! Adorable!!

This is a shot of the onesie that shows the embroidery and 2 BEAUTIFUL owl pictures that Olivia made.  Also if you notice the small owl it is made of perler beads and Olivia made that!!!  She is going to be one crafty little lady!!

And finally she included a super cute owl frame and a bag of goodies for me which had Burt's Bee's yummies in it!! I LOVE Burt's Bee's!!!!!!!!!!  There was also a bag of candy for my soon to be stepson in the box but it was confiscated this morning before I had a chance to take its picture.  It was well loved for all of 30 seconds.  Did he even stop to taste it?

I am blown away by the talent and generosity of Stacey and Olivia!!!  They outdid themselves and have made my daughter the best possible birthday gift ever!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010 07:56:41 PM by jennilocker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsay614
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010 08:12:31 PM »

What a great package!! I am loving the dress/outfit so much--and the lovely model. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps... Would love to trade sewn stuff for some cool hand-carved stamps.
Blog | Wist | Etsy | Twitter
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010 06:05:11 AM »

OMG- I love that the onesie coordinates with the dress! And that is about the cutest baby dress I've ever seen. Seriously mad skills there! And that crocheted owl is one of the best I've seen. She has so much personality!

My favorite part is that SM and her daughter crafted for Jenni and her daughter. I love crafty families. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010 06:19:10 AM »

I would like to comment on how adorable those outfits are, how incredibly sweet and well designed and well made the stuffy is, that the kid drawings are WONDERFUL and that I must have the pattern for that perler bead owl but... I am too distracted by that darling baby to say anything other than "Aaaahhhhhh, so cute!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
SMLounsbury
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010 08:24:48 AM »

You all are too sweet.  I wanted to do a concept set where Zoe could have the cutsie dress for all of the pictures that would be taken of her cute little self, and then have something that coordinates to get messy in.  I'm stealing this idea for Harper, who turns one in August.  I have never actually even made a stuffy before, so Annie is the very first of any kind that I've ever made.  I tried to make her more kid appealing than ami-looking.  Trust me, Olivia was so in love with Annie that we made another just for her.  I am going to write the pattern one of these days...

Zoe looks so adorable!  I am thrilled with the fit.  Thank you so much for posting these pictures.  Liv was so excited to see Zoe with Annie.  This truly is the best part of the swap for me.  I love seeing pictures and knowing that you liked everything, Jenni.  And I'm glad you like Burts Bees.  I'm a total addict and I spread the love whenever I can.  Smiley  Glad the batman candies were liked as well, lol. 

I copied this perler bead pattern.  We bought the kit at Michael's last year for a dollar, but Liv is all about the girly right now so she made this one pink-er. 

http://www.creativitymart.com/perler-beads-whootie-owl-starter-kit.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010 11:18:30 AM »

Alright, I have to say WOW!!!!! This package is awesome!!! I love all of it, but if I had to choose; Olivia's artwork wins hands down!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2010 08:10:46 PM »

My partner woobie received last week, but she's been having a pretty major family emergency and has been unable to post pictures. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts. And to save her the hassle, here are the pictures I took before sending.

First is some random jewelry. She wanted a charm bracelet, so I made one and a pair of matching earrings. The other pieces are a pendant I put on a chain and a vintage pin I found at a thrift shop. Also shown is a pouch I added an owl patch to.

Next is a trinket dish I did in my ceramics class. This picture was taken before it was finished. Now it has a really nice, glossy, lacquer-like finish on it. But this picture shows the design and colors pretty well. Hopefully, eventually woobie can post a picture of this with the finish on it. I love the way it turned out.

Finally- woobie and I are both HUGE Harry Potter fans... there were a lot of pin cushions and needle books and things on her wists... so I made her a post owl pincushion with needlebook wings. He's carrying a package to woobie, and the package un-velcros into a thread catcher.

The back of the owl has a spot for a small pair of scissors. This picture shows the needlebook wings as well. He's a bit large for a pin cushion, so he could also be used as a plushy if she wants. I love him so much I've already made a similar one as a gift and am planning to make myself one. Smiley

There was also a set of stamped owl greeting cards and a sock owl... as well as some other extras, but I didn't get picture.

woobie said she loved everything, which makes me very happy. Hopefully things get better for her shortly so that she can come back to Craftster-land and be less stressed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010 08:02:01 AM by PirateColey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Santa Hat Cupcake
How to Make Rice Krispie Turkey Legs
How To Make An Apple Cobbler Crisp
Gordon’s Ramsay’s Vanilla Shortbread Recipe
How to Make Mille-Feuille
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...