A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Owls Swap Gallery Sendouts 6/7/10  (Read 18937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010 02:49:57 PM »

As an Aussie the pocketbook/purse confusion is so interesting.  Here we are more likely to have a handbag instead of what I think those in the US call purse. This is the bag that we keep everything in, make-up, hairbrush, chewing gum, phone, etc.   In our handbags you would find our purse (although sometimes called wallet) which is where we keep our cash, coins, and credit cards, store memberships etc, and licences. 
My thoughts from my over-exposure to US culture was that a pocket-book was most equivalent to what craftylittlemonkey crafted, so I did some googling.  You americans like to make things confusing, regional dialects, apparently it depends where you are in the country as to what you will call something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010 03:23:10 PM »

Cheesy  Know what...doesn't matter anyhow, b/c I LOVE LOVE LOVE what she made me and I already am using it! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010 04:27:48 PM »

But... I'm Canadian!

No really Miss B, what is a pocket book? I'm glad you like the thing I made, I thought it turned out pretty cute, but is it a pocket book or not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
brielauren
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010 05:38:12 PM »

haha i love the confusion over a pocket book. to me and the people im know it is a wallet essentially but carries a check book and check book log as well as cash cards and ids.

that really is a fabulous package that any body would be happy to recieve.

now we all have alot to live up to =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010 07:50:21 AM »

Shocked  And like I said...Craftylittlemonkey is not only generous and thoughtful, but she really does have wonderful crafting skills.  These items look like they will LAST!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
cindibee
Oh no, zombies!

Clumsy but cute

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010 02:14:13 PM »

As an Aussie the pocketbook/purse confusion is so interesting.  Here we are more likely to have a handbag instead of what I think those in the US call purse. This is the bag that we keep everything in, make-up, hairbrush, chewing gum, phone, etc.   In our handbags you would find our purse (although sometimes called wallet) which is where we keep our cash, coins, and credit cards, store memberships etc, and licences. 
My thoughts from my over-exposure to US culture was that a pocket-book was most equivalent to what craftylittlemonkey crafted, so I did some googling.  You americans like to make things confusing, regional dialects, apparently it depends where you are in the country as to what you will call something.

I was just thinking about the regional differences in language today. In some areas, we call soda pop "soda", in some areas we call it "pop", and in some areas we call it "coke" regardless of whether it's Coca Cola or not. There's also us Southerners that like to say y'all. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like owls. I am forgetful and clumsy. Zombies are cool. My life is filled with awesomeness and yours should be too. ^.^
6 Ideas Before Breakfast - My Pinterest
jennilocker
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010 06:48:06 AM »

Great package!!! I love the tissue holders and the pocketbook/purse/handbag too!!  Cheesy  What a great start to the gallery! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lolo_
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010 01:06:59 PM »

my ex-mother-in-law calls her purse a pocketbook and she is from New York. Yes, we Americans do like to make things confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010 11:37:23 AM »

Ok guys, I'm pretty sick but I'm making an effort to post up some pics of my wonderful (and enormous!) parcel from Miss Barbara. I'm sorry they aren't terrific photos but it's super rainy today and if I wait for sun half these things will have dissapeared with my kiddies by then. They weren't all that happy with me taking stuff away from them after we opened it last night so that I could keep it all together for pics, lemme tell ya.

This batch is all the made things

Dry erase/owl covered cork board embellished with bronze coloured ribbon, an owlyfied zippered pouch, felted purse with added owl patch, key fob, two crchetted owl stuffies (one is supposed to be for my daughter and one for me, guess who has them both?), my fave~ the dottee, it's her first! I'll definately post close up pics when I can get a good shot, a little leaf trimmed bag full of hand stamped owl note cards with envelopes and gift tags (great for swaps! I'll use them all in no time;)), and for my son an owl hacky sack with a laminated sheet of instructions, pretty cool!

And here are all the extras

Stickers, picture frame, magnetic I <3 Animals notepad, Jungle Jacks, grow castle, owl spiral note book, "Create" pin, mini bubbles for both kids, monkey socks with keychain, and sea shells and a post card from Atlantic city for my nature boy's collection.

Whew! Spoiled! Don't be jealous though, all of your parcels are on the way!
Ok, back to bed with a cup of hot tea for me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 11:41:14 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
brielauren
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010 01:08:39 PM »

craftylittlemonkey im sorry you are feeling ill! feel better soon! but man that is a wonderful package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Customize Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Export and Share Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Develop a Module
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Rate and Sort Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Import Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...